Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Sis Adidaem, are u interested in buying replica Foscarini Caboche ? :sport-smiley-004: or rather Foscarini Caboche lookalike .... .... I managed to find a shop here that sell.... but they don't wannt give me good discount :( price less than $700 though... can get cheaper in ebay, but I rather buy locally as it's a fragile item.... at least got ownership if anything goes wrong...

Hi bro... trying to be good and get the real stuff... dunno how long I can hold out and be good... :sport-smiley-003:

Got lobang for you. Original Arco lamp at $2.1K, you interested? Usual is a high 4K plus. I'm quite tempted tbh... :dribble:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi West, we looked at a few Forfar units too, but in the end after weighing the prices decided that we might as well get a much bigger unit for just a little bit more. Great view tho, so congrats on your unit.

Yes, I went to see the one at the MSCP. Really quite horrid, can look right in from the MSCP (SO n I drive around the CP a few times to check the situation), but the view from BRs 2 & 3 are great.

I haven't decided what colour to get for the quilt cover yet, so not buying for now. Thinking of lavender and a set in red for obvious reasons. :yamseng:

thats a good choice and location... must have cost quite a lot..

we have seen a unit there before but it is right in front of the mscp!!

anyway, our new place is kinda near yours too!

we just bought a set of bedsheet from robinson sale , light brown in color biggrin.gif

Bought loads of stuff today. Had great fun! :sport-smiley-004:

1. Mathmos AirSwitch Lamps

One in red for SO, and one in blue for me – controlled by moving hands above the mouth of the lamp. Can switch off or dim by waving hands. Quite fun to play with. Think this will go to the bedrooms.

mathmos-airswitch-blue.jpg

2. Fink Alexa Windlicht / Vase - Got the shorter one, to store/display my Nespresso capsules.

fink-alexa-windlicht1.jpg

I’ve a fire engine red Nespresso Citiz, so that should give a splash of colour to the white kitchen.

nespresso-citiz-red.jpg

3. Porada Sir Bis 2 Clothes Stand in wenge - So I can arrange the clothes I want to wear the next day… Actually I would prefer it in ‘natural’ colour but the wenge is the only piece on offer. Plus can’t complain about the price I got it at! Yeah, another one of those things I acquired from being a frequent business traveller… :P

porada-por-bis-2-_.jpg

4. Serta Diamond Suite King sized - comes with a limited edition GSS sheep & some bedlinen

serta-diamond-suite.jpg

More pics in my wordpress blog (my fruitful shopping day) - limited by RT's post constraints for no of pics.

Hi bro... trying to be good and get the real stuff... dunno how long I can hold out and be good... :sport-smiley-003:

Got lobang for you. Original Arco lamp at $2.1K, you interested? Usual is a high 4K plus. I'm quite tempted tbh... :dribble:

Sis, real Foscarini Caboche to ex for me la, wife and me cannot resist already... :o so we just got the medium size replica :P

Sis, you can check out somthing called Semjase Floor lamp before committing on Arco ... but I'm not sure how much is the Semjase Floor lamp... :)

adidaem, you may want to consider amazon for your brabantia stuff, http://www.amazon.com/Brabantia-375842-Wallfix-Mounted-Rotary/dp/B000NTDDL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1305399258&sr=8-1. :yamseng:

I've been ordering Oxo from amazon (amongst all my other purchases :), found the brand after looking for simple human products and they seem to get better reviews than simple human.

We've got the same mattress, I changed the sheep for more pillows, lol! :good:

Hi West, we looked at a few Forfar units too, but in the end after weighing the prices decided that we might as well get a much bigger unit for just a little bit more. Great view tho, so congrats on your unit.

Yes, I went to see the one at the MSCP. Really quite horrid, can look right in from the MSCP (SO n I drive around the CP a few times to check the situation), but the view from BRs 2 & 3 are great.

I haven't decided what colour to get for the quilt cover yet, so not buying for now. Thinking of lavender and a set in red for obvious reasons. :yamseng:

i wondered if you had the same encounter... for that unit, it was the owner was the one actively doing the 'advertising' and showing us around the entire house.rolleyes.gif

Sis, real Foscarini Caboche to ex for me la, wife and me cannot resist already... :o so we just got the medium size replica :P

Sis, you can check out somthing called Semjase Floor lamp before committing on Arco ... but I'm not sure how much is the Semjase Floor lamp... :)

Hey bro, thanks. Today I went down to Xtra @ Park Mall to check out the Caboche... think the light is out, we are thinking to get some nice chairs or sofa or armchair instead. I will 'beow' your light at your place k? Hopefully don't get 'poisoned' to get one, haha. :rolleyes:

adidaem, you may want to consider amazon for your brabantia stuff, http://www.amazon.com/Brabantia-375842-Wallfix-Mounted-Rotary/dp/B000NTDDL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1305399258&sr=8-1. :yamseng:

I've been ordering Oxo from amazon (amongst all my other purchases :), found the brand after looking for simple human products and they seem to get better reviews than simple human.

We've got the same mattress, I changed the sheep for more pillows, lol! :good:

Hi sleek, thanks for the tips, I've been looking at Amazon, but have had horrific experiences (too expensive!) shipping them back to Singapore. How do you manage the shipping? Mind sharing which forwarder you are using and typically how much does it cost to ship the stuff back? TIA!! :yamseng:

Yes, OXO stuff do look good! Yet another temptation... :dribble:

i wondered if you had the same encounter... for that unit, it was the owner was the one actively doing the 'advertising' and showing us around the entire house.rolleyes.gif

Hi West, it was a unit at level 4 right? Yeah, it was the owner who show us around... did a check and seems like he has been trying to sell his place for close to a year. Wonder if we both went to see the same units? I also went to see the Redhill ones near the MRT station. Some of the higher floor units have pretty good views too. Plus very very convenient. Like 2 min from the station. But the price also very very :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Didn't get anything today but did find something else that I'm thinking to get:

retractable-clothesline.jpg

Doesn't seem like it's commonly available and it's >$80 in the store, so it's back to online shopping for me. If anyone knows where to get reasonably priced ones, pls let me know k? TIA! :D

I also saw some jaw-droppingly expensive chrome drain covers... (>$100), so another item that will have to be 'imported'. :bleah:

On the bright side, I found a decent looking towel rack that's around $70. Didn't buy tho, going to shop around a bit more. :P

gatco-minimalist-towel-rack.jpg

I also saw this magazine rack online that I'm still looking for in Singapore:

hanging-magazine-rack.jpg

Oops, almost forgot my very important magnifying lighted wall mounted mirror:

jerdon-chrome-led-wall-mount.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Hi sleek, thanks for the tips, I've been looking at Amazon, but have had horrific experiences (too expensive!) shipping them back to Singapore. How do you manage the shipping? Mind sharing which forwarder you are using and typically how much does it cost to ship the stuff back? TIA!! :yamseng:

Yes, OXO stuff do look good! Yet another temptation... :dribble:

i normally use vpost to ship stuff back as they work out to be cheapest when i combine packages + shipping of max SGD400 each (to avoid local GST), i just have to tolerate their horrible customer service, way of handling delivery (cannot arrange delivery time, can only deliver according to their time, etc). i used to organize sprees regularly so very familiar with all these la :notti:

amazon has improved greatly in terms of their packaging, but i still kerna some where the volume weight is much more than the actual weight, so no choice but to suck it up. costs depends on volume weight or actual weight, whichever is more, so i cant say for sure how much things cost to ship back. 1 eg i can provide - vol weight 2.3 kg, actual weight 1.3kg could be SGD26.73 (after 20% discount) if you ship this single package back by itself but since i ship many packages back at once, i share the base charge of SGD13.40 by the total # of packages which works out to be SGD17.35. PM me if you want more info. :)

Some of my OXO stuff has arrived and so far so good, but dont have simple human to compare them to.

Didn't get anything today but did find something else that I'm thinking to get:

retractable-clothesline.jpg

Doesn't seem like it's commonly available and it's >$80 in the store, so it's back to online shopping for me. If anyone knows where to get reasonably priced ones, pls let me know k? TIA! :D

I got mine at Homely hardware in UBI for <$20. Think u can get at Hong Soon Hardware (should be <$20)

301 Jalan Besar #01-01

Singapore 208962

Tel: (65)-62987366

Fax: (65)-62969189

Operating Hours:

Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 6.00pm

Sat: 8.00am - 3.00pm

Sun & Public Holidays: Closed)

i normally use vpost to ship stuff back as they work out to be cheapest when i combine packages + shipping of max SGD400 each (to avoid local GST), i just have to tolerate their horrible customer service, way of handling delivery (cannot arrange delivery time, can only deliver according to their time, etc). i used to organize sprees regularly so very familiar with all these la :notti:

amazon has improved greatly in terms of their packaging, but i still kerna some where the volume weight is much more than the actual weight, so no choice but to suck it up. costs depends on volume weight or actual weight, whichever is more, so i cant say for sure how much things cost to ship back. 1 eg i can provide - vol weight 2.3 kg, actual weight 1.3kg could be SGD26.73 (after 20% discount) if you ship this single package back by itself but since i ship many packages back at once, i share the base charge of SGD13.40 by the total # of packages which works out to be SGD17.35. PM me if you want more info. :)

Some of my OXO stuff has arrived and so far so good, but dont have simple human to compare them to.

Thanks so much for sharing your shipping experiences Sleek! I used to use Borderlinx, but since they stopped giving 30% codes I stopped. Comgateway has a re-packing service, so maybe I will use that if I need to do some major online shopping.

I got mine at Homely hardware in UBI for <$20. Think u can get at Hong Soon Hardware (should be <$20)

301 Jalan Besar #01-01

Singapore 208962

Tel: (65)-62987366

Fax: (65)-62969189

Operating Hours:

Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 6.00pm

Sat: 8.00am - 3.00pm

Sun & Public Holidays: Closed)

Thanks so much Mach668! Wowwee big price diff huh? I will go to Homely Hardware to have a look. Need to ask my ID where I can put the retractable clothesline. :rolleyes: Think by now they are used to my toilet obsession... :P

Splurge of the day: One original Flos Arco Lamp

Arco-lamp_e_3037d1bce01c13631a6a31672519ba90.jpg

Now I think I really need a nice lounge chair that will go under the lamp... :D

Went through the design with my IDs today and will be getting something like this for one of my upper kitchen cabinets for the dish rack:

lifeup-blum-system-4.jpg

Thanks to Kobelala bro for the idea. Now need to find a dish rack... :good:

Also need to go thru the design in detail and see if need to finetune further. Also given homework to let my IDs know how I want the wardrobe config to be... loads of work to do the next few days! :help::bleah::seeya:

Went through the design with my IDs today and will be getting something like this for one of my upper kitchen cabinets for the dish rack:

lifeup-blum-system-4.jpg

Thanks to Kobelala bro for the idea. Now need to find a dish rack... :good:

Also need to go thru the design in detail and see if need to finetune further. Also given homework to let my IDs know how I want the wardrobe config to be... loads of work to do the next few days! :help::bleah::seeya:

Nice lamp!! I wish i can have one in my house also la, but probably not feasible beacuse of the ceiling fan. :unsure:

Nice lamp!! I wish i can have one in my house also la, but probably not feasible beacuse of the ceiling fan. :unsure:

Hey bro, the max height is 232 cm... since the fan has to be 240 cm above the floor for HDB flats, I think can just about make it. I went with my IDs to go n buy (they were also tempted to get one, haha) and they assured me the height is ok... close call tho! Have to remember to ask them to check and make sure there is clearance during renovation.

Why don't you check with your ID 1st? HDB ceiling is usually 260 cm right? If you position the lamp so that the highest point is away from the fan blades, should be ok too. I'm also doing false ceiling btw.

Sis Adidaem, U pocket POWERFUL la.... buy original :jawdrop::dribble::good:

yeah, let's also form a "lambo door" fan club :D