Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Thanks so much bro, but I can only buy the WC when I confirm the size leh... that's mid-June-ish assuming i get all the approvals to hack all the walls I'm targeting. Sleek's one is even longer in Nov. Don't think you can wait so long for us right? Nvm lar bro, you go ahead and buy... we self-invite to go your place and QC the WC k? :P:good::D

yeah sorry kobe, i know i was the main one harping on the bulk discount thing but my ID told me off for being so gan chiong about sourcing for these stuff, said only need to look when reno has started :bleah:so yes, we hope to be able to gain from your experiences with it :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks so much bro, but I can only buy the WC when I confirm the size leh... that's mid-June-ish assuming i get all the approvals to hack all the walls I'm targeting. Sleek's one is even longer in Nov. Don't think you can wait so long for us right? Nvm lar bro, you go ahead and buy... we self-invite to go your place and QC the WC k? :P:good::D

yeah sorry kobe, i know i was the main one harping on the bulk discount thing but my ID told me off for being so gan chiong about sourcing for these stuff, said only need to look when reno has started :bleah:so yes, we hope to be able to gain from your experiences with it :good:

No Problem Gals, I'll check out and get first as I need 2 weeks later.... and update u gals again on the final discount I got and from where, also if you gals want to test the WC, feel free to come.... hahahaha :sport-smiley-004:

No Problem Gals, I'll check out and get first as I need 2 weeks later.... and update u gals again on the final discount I got and from where, also if you gals want to test the WC, feel free to come.... hahahaha :sport-smiley-004:

Where u gonna get it from wor?

what i've learnt ah? things in the house start falling apart around the 5 year mark, dont know if this is cos we just did the basic reno 8 years ago when we moved in or that's just how long things are going to last. toilet flush buttons (macclaire - still using but without the buttons), instant water heater + ceiling fans (had to replace), nyatoh furniture like coffee table, wardrobe, etc are breaking apart where they join the wood planks together.

the homog tiles and surprisingly the built in kitchen carpentry are still holding up well enough.

Thanks for sharing! Yeah, not sure how long things are supposed to last for nowadays. Am hoping that the price that I'm paying for some of the stuff I've bought/am buying translates into quality, but you never know...

Nyatoh wood is supposed to last forever aren't they?

Some of my family's 15 yo teak furniture still looks ok even after all these years. Not sure if the Scanteak quality is unchanged tho.

Thanks ya. :sport-smiley-018:

We'll await your WC report/update... :yamseng:

Where u gonna get it from wor?

Think is from Adamas at Balestier. Hey, maybe both of you can buy together?

Boyblunder: when do you need your WCs? Or you know your WC size already?

Went shopping today and am sooooo tempted to get something pictured among here...

blog-vitra-for-kids.png

Argh... think am going to get it. Really bad self control!

Edited by adidaem

We are currently going with cable wire stairs... IDs had suggested really minimalist railings but we wanted to childproof the stairs in case of future additions to the family. :P

Change of plans... we are now going with mild steel bars cos the cable wire ones are out of budget... now looking at the VO and trying to decide which ones die die must have and which ones I can live without. Super sian. :bangwall:

But as you would notice, I'm still shopping. Contradiction right?

Went shopping today and am sooooo tempted to get something pictured among here...

blog-vitra-for-kids.png

Argh... think am going to get it. Really bad self control!

it's cute, but what is it for? need a bottom.gif? LOL

i'm so bored with this whole super-excited-about-reno-but-omfg-nothing-can-happen situation. mad.gifsad.gifwacko.gif

it's cute, but what is it for? need a bottom.gif? LOL

i'm so bored with this whole super-excited-about-reno-but-omfg-nothing-can-happen situation. mad.gifsad.gifwacko.gif

:dunno:

I think the renovated apartment will look very boring if it just comes like that without any personal touches of my own lor - decorating it will turn it into my 'home' vs a showflat.

Plus it makes me smile. Think if I'm going to spend $$$ then it's important to get stuff that will make me happy. I'll sacrifice the limited edition hot pink Eames chair I was eyeing at Xtra and get this lor. So net-net no extra spending... I'm actually quite good leh. I didn't even buy on the spot (enforced cooling off period!). But come home n cannot stop thinking/obsessing about it lor. So tmr SO will drive me back to get it. :good::D

Hey Sleek, think of it as getting more prep time to get your dream apartment? Plus u can go to so many RT homes to check out ideas for what you think will fit your new place (Maydream's, Ely's, Kobe's, mine, etc, etc). Good rite? ;)

But I know what you mean lar. Me too. My IDs told us today the target HO date is 21st August. I can't wait to move in!!!

This is the limited edition Pink Eames DSR I'm giving up in return for getting my new 'love'.

eames_dsr.jpg

:dunno:

I think the renovated apartment will look very boring if it just comes like that without any personal touches of my own lor - decorating it will turn it into my 'home' vs a showflat.

Plus it makes me smile. Think if I'm going to spend $$ then it's important to get stuff that will make me happy. I'll sacrifice the limited edition hot pink Eames chair I was eyeing at Xtra and get this lor. So net-net no extra spending... I'm actually quite good leh. I didn't even buy on the spot (enforced cooling off period!). But come home n cannot stop thinking/obsessing about it lor. So tmr SO will drive me back to get it. :good::D

Hey Sleek, think of it as getting more prep time to get your dream apartment? Plus u can go to so many RT homes to check out ideas for what you think will fit your new place (Maydream's, Ely's, Kobe's, mine, etc, etc). Good rite? ;)

But I know what you mean lar. Me too. My IDs told us today the target HO date is 21st August. I can't wait to move in!excl.gif

i'm not sure what in that cute picture you are getting but somehow the chair screams out to me more than the picture thingie leh!

hahha i can be ph34r.gif spying on all others ideas secretly also just from the forum lah like alot of others, no need to chit chat on here to prep leh. i'm stupid that way & totally uncreative, need to see photos to visualise things and need to see the actual examples cos i am bad at putting ideas together. both of us can bangwall.gif together for the time being till yours is ready :)

This is the limited edition Pink Eames DSR I'm giving up in return for getting my new 'love'.

What is your new love? I see your purchases until my eyes also don't know where to look. Haha....

hahha i can be ph34r.gif spying on all others ideas secretly also just from the forum lah like alot of others, no need to chit chat on here to prep leh. i'm stupid that way & totally uncreative, need to see photos to visualise things and need to see the actual examples cos i am bad at putting ideas together. both of us can bangwall.gif together for the time being till yours is ready :)

Same like me... I need to see, touch, and then sometimes still cannot imagine lor. :o

You know I dragged my IDs to Interior Affairs to see the kitchen mock-ups before deciding on the kitchen countertop height? Win right? :P8|

Yeah, :bangwall: together :P

What is your new love? I see your purchases until my eyes also don't know where to look. Haha....

Hehe, keep my new 'love' secret lar, else no surprises next time when you see my place. :D

Why you make me sound so bad? :o I buy the same stuff like everyone else mah, just that I include more pics of stuff I buy cos I don't have nice 3Ds of my reno design to share. Think after I'm done with shopping n before I get my place ready, no pics to share liao. Sian... :P

But I bought LOADS of stuff over the weekend, will look for the pics and share in the next post. :dancingqueen:

Since it's the GSS weekend, we were really busy over the weekend and bought these:

3 seater sofa (but in black)

86e36f0623a34d5ab450c858e3b90bf8.jpg

Extendable dining table (usual 90x160cm, extends to 220 cm)

Callligaris_CS4058-LL160_03.jpg

omnia_01.jpg

tavolo-omnia-2-20100621-161621.jpg

Oh ya, there is a sexy demo for the table: ;)

[to be continued...]

Edited by adidaem

Balcony chairs n table

- almost the same as what is pictured here:

p362_1.jpg

- except that my chairs have handles:

more-emu-round-stacking-armchair-01.jpg

and this pic was in the search result n made me laugh:

emu.jpg

:D:D:D