Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

thank you sweetheart! i have been reconsidering it after seeing that on the website myself...hahaha oh well, have to search again then.

I'm still shopping for chairs... if you want, watsapp me your specs/budget and I can keep a look out k? I know how hard it is to shop with kids (I used to bring my niece shopping when she was little and she was an armful!).

Don't worry Adi, it'll all fall together with your impeccable taste. I simply use Word or Photoshop then convert to pdf (though that's not "free" but there's always ways to get it free - won't elaborate on that part :P)

- Ely

I used powerpoint. 1st attempt. :)

Update: 2nd attempt - forgot the TV the 1st time...

Update again: forgot the windows...

living-room4.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I like your mood board :)

I'm still shopping for chairs... if you want, watsapp me your specs/budget and I can keep a look out k? I know how hard it is to shop with kids (I used to bring my niece shopping when she was little and she was an armful!).

Really appreciate your offer. :wub: i already have 2 places in mind to look at when the time is closer yet still during GSS, http://natural-living.com.sg/ and http://www.zentradition.com/ as these were where footprint bought her stuff and she has the same theme i am going for.

But when you're on your adventures, I'm looking for a coffee table similar to the bo concept one but if i can not find something else similar, i want something that is practical with storage options. Budget , preferably less than $1k and even better if less than $500 but of course i would consider something similarly priced to the bo concept one.

We have no problems shopping with the boys as we're fierce, but the issue now is I have no mood to shop around since it is so long away. :unsure:

Edited by sleek

I like your mood board :)

Thanks! Not sure if it's a real mood board since I've got like 3/4 of the stuff on it... but think good idea to put everything in one page anyways since I don't have any fancy 3D images. :bleah:

But when you're on your adventures, I'm looking for a coffee table similar to the bo concept one but if i can not find something else similar, i want something that is practical with storage options. Budget , preferably less than $1k and even better if less than $500 but of course i would consider something similarly priced to the bo concept one.

Noted on the table, but I haven't seen any like the Bo Concept's one (and I have been looking!)... Perhaps one alternative is to get your carpenter to customise one using Hafele's tavoflex fittings?

http://www.hafele.com.my/my/en/news-and-events/news/19874.asp

HMA-Tavoflex_2.jpg

Personally I like the Magic J adjustable folding table by Calligaris (avail at XZQT). It can be adjusted up/down 7 heights, and the table can open up. So you can actually convert it from a coffee table to a dining table when the need arises, or adjust the height to eat instant noodles in front of the TV. :dribble: The price is quite "impressive" tho! :jawdrop:

Used as coffee table:

calligaris_magic-j-wood_425a.jpg

Used as dining table:

Calligaris-02-magic-j-cocktail-dining.jpg

It comes in a variety of glass n wood tops.

We have no problems shopping with the boys as we're fierce, but the issue now is I have no mood to shop around since it is so long away. :unsure:

Agree that it's some time away so may be hard to shop... Alternatively, wait for the year-end sales to start? Not sure if your schedule will permit that tho.

wow i like the coffee table. it's so versatile!! hee but the price also versatile right!

waa the reno above is sui!! i love the glassed in MBR toilet. can never do it for my MBR though. heee wow a nice 5rm that can reno until like that!! cool.

magic - j looks nice enough la but no storage so no can do. Hafele's tavoflex looks expensive and i am not convinced it is necessary especially since i dont think bo concept uses it and certainly not the one at xclusive.

that bishan reno is **** nice, but yet from my standpoint only good for people without children or without boisterous boys like mine - we're trying to pre-empt everything and anything that can go wrong with them in the house, hah! i didnt notice the fully glassed in toilet till joyous mentioned it - i like! lol

Hi adidaem,

I think you should try to stay away from the boring colours - ie, white and basic dark.

It also depends if you're getting the ones with the wooden legs too. I think the wooden legs version have more character.

Cream would also look very nice and clean with the wooden legs; especially if paired with a wooden table.

Personally, I think the chair is a very fun, light, and interesting piece.

With that in mind, I'd go with a combination of ocean, mustard and stone white. Red looks like the cheapo kids plastic chair :P

But that's just my 2 cents :)

Help! I can't decide on my dining chair colours... black or white or some other shade?

Was going to go for white, since my house is pretty much mostly white (dunno if that makes sense) plus figured it'll make my table stand out more, but then since my sofa is black, then thought that perhaps having black chairs would give some continuation of colour n theme to the whole of L1 (black n walnut - my console is in walnut too)? Or is that really boring? Or even more boring just to have white chairs, floor and walls? :bangwall:

Haven't had time to create my mood board yet, to show the colours n examples...

The colours

eames_dsr_chair-colors2.jpg

Colour chart

eames_dsr_chair-colors-chart.jpg

Black

eames_dsw_black.jpg

White

eames_dsr_table1.jpg

Multi-Coloured

eames_dsr_table4.jpg

Any comments most appreciated. This colour thing is really troubling me. :bangwall::bleah::dunno:

wow i like the coffee table. it's so versatile!! hee but the price also versatile right!

waa the reno above is sui!! i love the glassed in MBR toilet. can never do it for my MBR though. heee wow a nice 5rm that can reno until like that!! cool.

I think the house was featured in some mag before. Really nice toilet right?

Yeah the Magic J price is very "versatile"... so as much as SO n I love the idea, it's a no-no for us. We thought it'll be nice to have a little table for kids (like my niece n nephew) when the adults are seated at the dining table.

Hi adidaem,

I think you should try to stay away from the boring colours - ie, white and basic dark.

It also depends if you're getting the ones with the wooden legs too. I think the wooden legs version have more character.

Cream would also look very nice and clean with the wooden legs; especially if paired with a wooden table.

Personally, I think the chair is a very fun, light, and interesting piece.

With that in mind, I'd go with a combination of ocean, mustard and stone white. Red looks like the cheapo kids plastic chair :P

But that's just my 2 cents :)

Thanks for your 2 cents! Yeah, realised that we need some colours around the house and it looks like we'll do that with some decor items. SO n I are not the most colorful ppl around as you can tell from the stuff we've picked. We like stuff that are comfortable and easy to maintain so that means loads of dark stuff unfortunately... :P

SO n I spent some time at Xtra testing and staring at the colours. Unfortunately we both didn't like Mustard or Ocean after seeing the colours in real life. SO likes Mauve Grey but I don't. So we may go for black AND white. As for the legs, the wooden ones do cost quite a bit more than the metal ones ($489 vs $319) so think we'll go for the metal ones.

My current mood board for the dining room:

dining-room2.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Hi adidaem,

I was just surfing around and looking out for the eames dsw chair - they're pretty common in cafes and stuff (especially the black and white ones), so I was thinking you can probably source them at a much better price than $319. I randomly came across this ad online posted about 5 days back selling the black chairs with wooden legs. Already PM-ed you the URL. Go check :) Hope this saves you some $$$

\

I think the house was featured in some mag before. Really nice toilet right?

Yeah the Magic J price is very "versatile"... so as much as SO n I love the idea, it's a no-no for us. We thought it'll be nice to have a little table for kids (like my niece n nephew) when the adults are seated at the dining table.

Thanks for your 2 cents! Yeah, realised that we need some colours around the house and it looks like we'll do that with some decor items. SO n I are not the most colorful ppl around as you can tell from the stuff we've picked. We like stuff that are comfortable and easy to maintain so that means loads of dark stuff unfortunately... :P

SO n I spent some time at Xtra testing and staring at the colours. Unfortunately we both didn't like Mustard or Ocean after seeing the colours in real life. SO likes Mauve Grey but I don't. So we may go for black AND white. As for the legs, the wooden ones do cost quite a bit more than the metal ones ($489 vs $319) so think we'll go for the metal ones.

My current mood board for the dining room:

dining-room2.jpg

Hi adidaem,

I was just surfing around and looking out for the eames dsw chair - they're pretty common in cafes and stuff (especially the black and white ones), so I was thinking you can probably source them at a much better price than $319. I randomly came across this ad online posted about 5 days back selling the black chairs with wooden legs. Already PM-ed you the URL. Go check :) Hope this saves you some $$$

Thanks! We've actually checked out some places with nice replicas like Lush-lush & Comfort Furniture, but have decided not to get replicas in our new place. That means no Artichoke Lamp or Noguchi coffee table...

Thought of you when I saw this website featuring really colorful Scandinavian home & decor.

http://page-thirteen.blogspot.com/search/label/Scandinavian

Nice? Or certainly cheerful anyway. :)

Any luck with your ID search?

Yeah Lush-lush does have some pretty stuff. I'll check out Comfort furniture (thanks for the info) and Motto soon. Hopefully I'll be able to find some nice, more affordable pieces. I think the artichoke lamp is a little over-used, but I do like the Noguchi coffee table though! Waste you won't be getting that!

Thanks for the website! Like some of the styles / ideas: grey epoxyed bedroom walls, red original bricks, suspended light cables / bulbs and cement or concrete screed are definitely some of the things I'll be doing for my place :)

ID search is pretty much finalized in my head, but will await quotation and floor plan before we confirm. Will keep you posted!

Thanks! We've actually checked out some places with nice replicas like Lush-lush & Comfort Furniture, but have decided not to get replicas in our new place. That means no Artichoke Lamp or Noguchi coffee table...

Thought of you when I saw this website featuring really colorful Scandinavian home & decor.

http://page-thirteen...el/Scandinavian

Nice? Or certainly cheerful anyway. :)

Any luck with your ID search?

Yeah Lush-lush does have some pretty stuff. I'll check out Comfort furniture (thanks for the info) and Motto soon. Hopefully I'll be able to find some nice, more affordable pieces. I think the artichoke lamp is a little over-used, but I do like the Noguchi coffee table though! Waste you won't be getting that!

Thanks for the website! Like some of the styles / ideas: grey epoxyed bedroom walls, red original bricks, suspended light cables / bulbs and cement or concrete screed are definitely some of the things I'll be doing for my place :)

ID search is pretty much finalized in my head, but will await quotation and floor plan before we confirm. Will keep you posted!

Yep, on the over-used bit... it's turning me off the Eames chairs but we still can't find an alternative that (i) we both like, (ii) looks nice, (iii) feels good/comfortable & (iv) is affordable. :(

Noguchi coffee table is too expensive! Even if Proof Living gives 35% off the table, it's a staggering price...

Btw have you visited these sites before?

http://www.scandinaviandesigncenter.com/

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/main/search?q=scandinavian

The 1st is a shopping site (ships internationally!) and the 2nd just a great place for some ideas.

For some real-life shopping, try Foundry at Purvis Street? I can't rem if prices are affordable tho.

http://www.foundrycollection.com/index.html

All the best in your search for an ID that will turn your dreams into reality. :)

Help! Anyone know what is the brand/model of this stool? :help::help::help:

Was spotted at Interior Affairs.

bar-stool.jpg

Help! Anyone know what is the brand/model of this stool? :help::help::help:

Was spotted at Interior Affairs.

looks gorg, if no one knows, call them up and ask them, hahahah. did you faint from the prices of the modular kitchens?

I think there are a handful of interesting websites I came across selling half decent chairs, which are not too expensive.

My yet to be confirmed ID also recommended a couple of shops:

Mode Studio (ID's recommendation):

http://www.modestudio.com.sg/prod_dining_chair/dining_chair.html

Furniture shop:

http://furnitureshop.com.sg/products/vintage-classic/products?category=Chairs

Room of Woods

http://www.roomofwoods.com

Comfort Furniture:

http://www.comfortfurniture.com.sg/

Hope you'll be able to source something that fits all your requirements soon! :sport-smiley-018:

And I've seen the first 2 sites you recommended before. The foundry site I haven't though.

It looks really really awesome (and expensive) :P Will go and check it out this weekend. Thank you!

Yep, on the over-used bit... it's turning me off the Eames chairs but we still can't find an alternative that (i) we both like, (ii) looks nice, (iii) feels good/comfortable & (iv) is affordable. :(

Noguchi coffee table is too expensive! Even if Proof Living gives 35% off the table, it's a staggering price...

Btw have you visited these sites before?

http://www.scandinav...signcenter.com/

http://www.apartment...?q=scandinavian

The 1st is a shopping site (ships internationally!) and the 2nd just a great place for some ideas.

For some real-life shopping, try Foundry at Purvis Street? I can't rem if prices are affordable tho.

http://www.foundryco....com/index.html

All the best in your search for an ID that will turn your dreams into reality. :)