Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow Sis, this is a Top of the line BOSCH ! :jawdrop: MIG somemore ! .... :dribble::dribble:

Hi Kobe bro, no lar this is a end-of-life model going at clearance price... the latest version is the 28448. Like I said, I'd never considered this model before... was going to go for the 24444 (also end-of-life), cos I needed a 8kg washer.

I am drooling at all your purchases....

Erm... no 3Ds to share unlike the rest so can only update my buys lor... haiz, give ppl the wrong impression that I shop a lot. :o

hi, just been through your blog, it's a really good resource!

Thanks Patsy! But no updates for a few days tho. My netbook just crashed and all my painstakingly collated lists, pics and links were wiped out! Luckily have some info in my blog n in renotalk else really can cry... (-_-") :jawdrop::furious:

Hi! reporting late here... :P finally catch up with all the posts~ shall continue to stay here and drool over all your great purchases! :drool:

Hey marsh! Thanks for dropping by... think my purchases are almost at the end... just left:

1. Fridge

2. Fans (probably boring KDK)

3. Bed base/divan for my queen bed

4. Sinks n WCs

5. Heaters (probably Joven)

6. Dining table (more or less decided, just can't bear to pay)

7. Dining chairs (more or less decided, just can't bear to pay)

8. Balcony chairs n table (more or less decided, just can't bear to pay)

9. Lights (no feature lights I think, so not very exciting)

10. Window blinds

11. Under-sink water filteration system

12. Sofa (still looking hard)

Oops... just realised not that few after all... :jawdrop: wallet starting to ache again.

To cheer me up since I'm still mourning my lost memories from the crashed harddisk, my SO brought me shopping and we finally got (after repeated visits to the store):

1. A transparent Kartell Moon Bowl ... told my ID previously that if we do get it we'll use it to display mandarin oranges during CNY and she was highly amused... :P

pageimage-Moon4.jpg

Here are the other colours:

moon-bowls-all-colours.jpg

2. And a transparent Kartell Dune Tray...

m_86436.jpg

Blue was a close 2nd choice, but I just like the effect of the translucent ripples on white surfaces. ;)

kartell-dune.jpg

3. And for the major buy of the day, we finally got our 6 aircon units n 2 compressors from Aircon Designs. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI). No aircon in the kitchen but we got a big blower in the hall to compensate since we have an 'open concept' kitchen.

Edited by adidaem

shopping again? :P congrats on your new purchases. are you going with TOTO?

Yep, going with Toto but after the hacking is done since we need to measure the outlet size. How about you? Read that you are going to ask your ID to get some trade discount for you? :good:

Btw noticed that you already bought your sofas? Can share the model n from where? After combing thru so many shops, we still can't find a sofa that we like at the price that we like... :help:

adi, lousy la my ID - no discount for toto or kohler. crying.gif

sofas are from lifestorey during their recent sale at GWC, dont know model or anything, hahahahaha needed to indent for 3 months (which suits our time frame la)

Yet another major purchase today... finally got my washing machine.

It's a Bosch WAS28444ME:

11729_958212235_hix1290589948_resize.jpg

A rather unexpected buy as we had been looking at lower end models... but came across a good offer for this end-of-life model and was seduced by the 'made-in-Germany' tag... (has the same effect on me as the MIJ tag). :P

Ooh, this was the one I was talking to you that day about! It's "supposedly" on the same par as the Electrolux I got (yeah, yeah the Made-In-Italy sales line got me too). I still think the Bosch looks better though. Just be sure to check all pockets for loose coins and such.

LOOOVVE the Kartel bowls and tray - exquisite taste! Oh my, I better be handing you my crown and doing the fake air kisses.

- Ely (now known as Crazy Cat Lady)

adi, lousy la my ID - no discount for toto or kohler. crying.gif

sofas are from lifestorey during their recent sale at GWC, dont know model or anything, hahahahaha needed to indent for 3 months (which suits our time frame la)

Dun worry sis, the stores also quoted me 20% off Toto at Adamas (without me doing much bargaining) but since Kobe bro has done all the toilet research you can rely on his references lar. My IDs also said they can get 20% off from W Atelier, and we may just go along with that cos seems less troublesome plus at W Atelier we can see most of the models. They love Toto btw. :thumbs up:

Sigh we have been to Lifestorey too but never see any sofa that we love. And XZQT, n Navinzi, n Casa Italy n Marquis (love but can't afford!) n Ikea n S&C n EL n Kuka n Massimo n Lorenzo n Bo Concept n Air Divison n... lost count...

Dun worry sis, the stores also quoted me 20% off Toto at Adamas (without me doing much bargaining) but since Kobe bro has done all the toilet research you can rely on his references lar. My IDs also said they can get 20% off from W Atelier, and we may just go along with that cos seems less troublesome plus at W Atelier we can see most of the models. They love Toto btw. :thumbs up:

Sigh we have been to Lifestorey too but never see any sofa that we love. And XZQT, n Navinzi, n Casa Italy n Marquis (love but can't afford!) n Ikea n S&C n EL n Kuka n Massimo n Lorenzo n Bo Concept n Air Divison n... lost count...

yeah i'm still banking on the 20% but i kinda despise this practice of saying they will give you a discount - why are they marking up their prices then, might as well just price it as $700+ in the first place la! Same as the mattress shops rolleyes.gif I was planning on going to W atelier but just found out today that it's actually far up bukit timah road nearer to kkh, thought it was nearer to me :(

I guess cos we're less particular with the sofas as we're using a cheap but very good seahorse one in the current home. hope you find your sofa soon dancingqueen.gif

Ooh, this was the one I was talking to you that day about! It's "supposedly" on the same par as the Electrolux I got (yeah, yeah the Made-In-Italy sales line got me too). I still think the Bosch looks better though. Just be sure to check all pockets for loose coins and such.

LOOOVVE the Kartel bowls and tray - exquisite taste! Oh my, I better be handing you my crown and doing the fake air kisses.

- Ely (now known as Crazy Cat Lady)

We already have a Bosch dryer n SO was quite set on a Bosch so I didn't do much research on the model other than finding out that Bosch was rated the 2nd most reliable washer in which.co.uk's survey. #1 goes to Miele of course, built to last. Understand that Miele does a showroom display set sale every Nov/Dec... perhaps one day I'll get a Miele (like Sleek!). It'll probably be Bosch for the next 5 years tho.

Yeah MII does it for me too, tho more applicable for furniture... I love Clei, Porada, Calligaris, fancy lights and all the wonderfully smooshy leather sofas that are MII.

Nah, the crown still stays on your pretty head. But I'm glad to have a royal stamp of approval for my tray n bowl from the Shopping Queen herself! :yamseng:

yeah i'm still banking on the 20% but i kinda despise this practice of saying they will give you a discount - why are they marking up their prices then, might as well just price it as $700+ in the first place la! Same as the mattress shops rolleyes.gif I was planning on going to W atelier but just found out today that it's actually far up bukit timah road nearer to kkh, thought it was nearer to me :(

I guess cos we're less particular with the sofas as we're using a cheap but very good seahorse one in the current home. hope you find your sofa soon dancingqueen.gif

Didn't think I was that particular about sofas too, but after trying out the smooshy MII leather sofas... sigh, I've to admit I feel a physical difference in comfort level and build quality. Don't think I'm willing to pay triple the price for a MII sofa tho.

Have fun at W Atelier when you do go. :D Have you decided what type of sink you are going for? Recessed, semi-recessed or counter-top? Shape? Round, square, oval, unusual, etc...

Sis Adidaem, W Atelier is the big toto showroom at Boon Siew Bldg, they only offer 15% to me... Adamas Balestier so far best price at 23%... The staff quoted "25%" but their retail price is marked up slightly compared to the other shops, as such the final discount works out to about 23%... don't bother to go Universal as they don't carry... So you can get the Model number you want and order from Adamas Balsetier...

Edited by Kobelala

Didn't think I was that particular about sofas too, but after trying out the smooshy MII leather sofas... sigh, I've to admit I feel a physical difference in comfort level and build quality. Don't think I'm willing to pay triple the price for a MII sofa tho.

Have fun at W Atelier when you do go. :D Have you decided what type of sink you are going for? Recessed, semi-recessed or counter-top? Shape? Round, square, oval, unusual, etc...

Luck in finding a sofa :) Sorry I cannot help more. We're more particular with our washing machine, if you haven't already figured out wink.gif, as that is a heavy duty item for us and after so many experiences rolleyes.gif

I was hoping I could go with someone to see TOTO leh *hint hint*

Sis Adidaem, W Atelier is the big toto showroom at Boon Siew Bldg, they only offer 15% to me... Adamas Balestier so far best price at 23%... The staff quoted "25%" but their retail price is marked up slightly compared to the other shops, as such the final discount works out to about 23%... don't bother to go Universal as they don't carry... So you can get the Model number you want and order from Adamas Balsetier...

Thank you Sir Poo!!!

Thanks for the tip Kobe! Have you selected your WC yet? I've been so amused by all the 'black gold' discussions that I rem those but not if you've gotten your WC. :P

Luck in finding a sofa :) Sorry I cannot help more. We're more particular with our washing machine, if you haven't already figured out wink.gif, as that is a heavy duty item for us and after so many experiences rolleyes.gif

Miele is a really good brand lar. It's my 'dream' washer brand lor... I self-invite myself to go over to your place to beow your Miele and other great buys I'm expecting from you k?

Sleek sis, think you don't have to go n see or decide so soon cos end of the day you can ask your ID what is the recommended config n size? E.g. for us, have some constraints cos of the toilet layout so the sinks couldn't be too big. And then the IDs suggested the specific design they had in mind so that really helped us to narrow the selection. Else really mind-boggling lor. All the sinks look the same after a while... white, with an outlet, white, etc...

I was hoping I could go with someone to see TOTO leh *hint hint*

Thank you Sir Poo!!!

There is only one man in the RT forum who I think is up to this important task... can't be too hard to guess who I'm referring to... :D

Almost bought this Brabantia 12 L white bin from the Tangs sale today...

Brabantia%20127021%2012%20litre%20Pedal%20Bin%20White.jpg

But didn't in the end after checking out the set. Not sure if anyone has experienced this but the white bin is wobbly... not a major wobble, but it's not very firm on the floor unlike the other silver models. Think is some manufacturing or batch defect.

Was quite disappointed cos for the amount I was willing to spend on the bin, I expected much better quality. Plus I was quite keen to get a white bin for my white kitchen. :bleah: