Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

I think I'm doing this too often... anyway... splurge of the day:

55 inch Samsung LED 7000 Smart TV

But for this not my decision lar... SO was so excited before buying, could almost see him jumping :sport-smiley-004:

F5.jpg

At the rate we are going... no money for sofa liao... really no self control man... :unsure::jawdrop::help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think I'm doing this too often... anyway... splurge of the day:

55 inch Samsung LED 7000 Smart TV

But for this not my decision lar... SO was so excited before buying, could almost see him jumping :sport-smiley-004:

F5.jpg

At the rate we are going... no money for sofa liao... really no self control man... :unsure::jawdrop::help:

Such a beauty! :dribble: how much does it cost now?? i srill don't dare to buy my tv yet. very poor at the moment. :(

Such a beauty! :dribble: how much does it cost now?? i srill don't dare to buy my tv yet. very poor at the moment. :(

Hi May, you got PM. Let me know if you get one k? :thumbs up:

I dunno about the technology stuff, but the TV external design does look good. I really really like the TV base actually, but my SO wants to wall hang it... :furious:

Must ask my IDs what they think... if support me, then got chance to use the TV base. :dancingqueen:

Oh ya, can download an app to use the iPhone (iPad?) as remote control for the TV. Quite cool huh? Samsung Galaxy also have app of course. :dribble:

samstr%20re%5B2%5D.jpg

wow how much did you buy the tv??? also like it but i think the price tag is very high!! like its cool style and look..the almost frameless look!

oh i also bought the serta diamond suite king size same as you!! hope will be nice when it comes!!!

From the looks of it, it seems to be the D8000 series rather than the D7000 series.

D8000 should be above $6000 with some freebies.

However, the remote app should be for the C series TV, yours is the newer D series. Can it still work?

Hi joyous n knownothing, it's the 7000 series.

$5,999 is the RRP for 55 inch model, $5,200 with free blu ray player n 2 pairs of 3D. There is a Samsung roadshow at Vivocity till this Sunday.

Not sure abt remote cos haven't tried. But I saw the sales guy was using the Samsung Galaxy app on the 8000 series. Anyone else has used the app before?

Joyous: I'll pm you in a while. Very hard to type with iPhone!

oh i also bought the serta diamond suite king size same as you!! hope will be nice when it comes!!!

Did you also get the GSS special pink sheep? :D

Before everyone thinks I only go for branded stuff, here's something from Ikea that I'm eyeing...

besta-burs-desk-combination-white-high-gloss__0114796_pe267732_s4.jpg

Looks good rite? I think it'll be great in my bedroom, but will hold back from buying till we get a sense of the space when reno is done.

Pricing and specs and links can be found here.

Oh man, my dream tv.. But cant afford for now. I delaying my tv purchase for as long as possible... Still hoping for price to drop.. If not be getting "normal" 55 inch led tv...

Before everyone thinks I only go for branded stuff, here's something from Ikea that I'm eyeing...

besta-burs-desk-combination-white-high-gloss__0114796_pe267732_s4.jpg

Looks good rite? I think it'll be great in my bedroom, but will hold back from buying till we get a sense of the space when reno is done.

Pricing and specs and links can be found here.

totally wouldnt recommend you to get these from ikea! my besta stuff is all sagging and they are less than 2 years old but they were a temporary fix for our current place. i would urge you to have a look at bo concept in paragon, similar to ikea (i wonder who copies who) but of course with better workmanship, feel, look and price :notti: their staff are really friendly too :good: but i dont know how their furniture would stand up to the real world cos i've just come across them myself.

Oh man, my dream tv.. But cant afford for now. I delaying my tv purchase for as long as possible... Still hoping for price to drop.. If not be getting "normal" 55 inch led tv...

Hey 666, you got PM. ;)

totally wouldnt recommend you to get these from ikea! my besta stuff is all sagging and they are less than 2 years old but they were a temporary fix for our current place. i would urge you to have a look at bo concept in paragon, similar to ikea (i wonder who copies who) but of course with better workmanship, feel, look and price :notti: their staff are really friendly too :good: but i dont know how their furniture would stand up to the real world cos i've just come across them myself.

Thanks for the advice Sleek, much appreciated! :thumbs up:

Bo Concept is recommended by a friend, but price-wise... :bleah:

Sigh... that bad huh? I really thot the desk looks quite good. Anyone got lobang for nice white long and narrow desks? :help:

See... so much for my attempt to get budget stuff... :unsure:

from personal experience in my current place - as long as the items are worth the price, it doesnt hurt to pay more initially within our means cos it will all work out to be more economical and practical in the long run and pay for itself.

eg. in 8 years, we've had to change 2-3 washing machines and we didnt even stinge on them; bosch, fisher & paykel (or something similar) and finally the brandt is still (barely) holding up so we've gone and upgraded to the miele package for the new place and they better be worth it or else we would be :curse: !

as for more alternatives, have you tried cellini, hommage, sanctuary dian, xclusiv just to name a few?

Did you also get the GSS special pink sheep? :D

i hv 2 chances at the lucky draw. the first draw is a full set of bedsheet covers (include pillow, bolster and quilt) and the 2nd one is pink sheep! i din go for the pink sheep. thot it would be more practical to get the bedsheet set.

so my package include free mattress protector, 2 pillows, 1 bedsheet cover (not full set, exclude the quilt), 1 sheep! and the lucky draw spin of 1 full set of bedsheet cover. they gave me 3 little sheeps too!! woo can put in the car..but nah will put them with my big sheep.sounds like a family!

Edited by joyousonline

from personal experience in my current place - as long as the items are worth the price, it doesnt hurt to pay more initially within our means cos it will all work out to be more economical and practical in the long run and pay for itself.

eg. in 8 years, we've had to change 2-3 washing machines and we didnt even stinge on them; bosch, fisher & paykel (or something similar) and finally the brandt is still (barely) holding up so we've gone and upgraded to the miele package for the new place and they better be worth it or else we would be :curse: !

as for more alternatives, have you tried cellini, hommage, sanctuary dian, xclusiv just to name a few?

I would love to get a Miele, but it's really out of budget for me! :dribble:

Was quite keen on Bosch, but after an enlightening discussion at May_dreams' place re: the Bosch machine's drawback, am now re-considering... ahhhhhhhh headache. :bangwall:

We have been to quite a few of the ones you named, but was hoping to get at decent (i.e. budget) prices... we haven't gotten any major furniture apart from the bed so loads more shopping to do! ;)

i hv 2 chances at the lucky draw. the first draw is a full set of bedsheet covers (include pillow, bolster and quilt) and the 2nd one is pink sheep! i din go for the pink sheep. thot it would be more practical to get the bedsheet set.

so my package include free mattress protector, 2 pillows, 1 bedsheet cover (not full set, exclude the quilt), 1 sheep! and the lucky draw spin of 1 full set of bedsheet cover. they gave me 3 little sheeps too!! woo can put in the car..but nah will put them with my big sheep.sounds like a family!

We ditched the pillows n Serta sheep and got 3 sets of bedlinen (no quilt cover tho), 3 sets of mattress protector n the pink GSS sheep. Should have asked for the little ones! They are so cute! :bleah:

Just thought to share some pics of my current stairs following a stairs discussion at May_dream's place....

Thanks to Ely's hubby for his suggestion to save the teak steps, but after re-examining the way the posts are drilled into the wood, think no hope to salvage... :bleah:

13b-staircase.jpg

13a-staircase-steps.jpg

We are currently going with cable wire stairs... IDs had suggested really minimalist railings but we wanted to childproof the stairs in case of future additions to the family. :P