Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

I would love to get a Miele, but it's really out of budget for me! :dribble:

Was quite keen on Bosch, but after an enlightening discussion at May_dreams' place re: the Bosch machine's drawback, am now re-considering... ahhhhhhhh headache. :bangwall:

We have been to quite a few of the ones you named, but was hoping to get at decent (i.e. budget) prices... we haven't gotten any major furniture apart from the bed so loads more shopping to do! ;)

miele out of your budget, sure or not??!?! dont joke with me leh! i wont recommend a bosch either, that time our bosch broke down in 2months or something dramatic like that too and after that my family swear off bosch stuff especially since it is overhyped bleah.gif

anyway, have you seen http://www.boconcept.sg/Desks.aspx?ID=91196&imageid=1? their stuff comes in white, black and the wood veneer and you can ask them what customization they can do according to your requirements, heeheee am i being the devil's advocate here? wink.gif

as for the toto stuff, i'm going to look see for myself too since you have piqued my interest plus without discounts kohler (which i was considering) and toto are equivilant in pricing good.gif i wonder if there is a place that has both toto and kohler in the same store, hmmmm perhaps somewhere along balestier

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

miele out of your budget, sure or not??!?! dont joke with me leh! i wont recommend a bosch either, that time our bosch broke down in 2months or something dramatic like that too and after that my family swear off bosch stuff especially since it is overhyped bleah.gif

anyway, have you seen http://www.boconcept.sg/Desks.aspx?ID=91196&imageid=1? their stuff comes in white, black and the wood veneer and you can ask them what customization they can do according to your requirements, heeheee am i being the devil's advocate here? wink.gif

as for the toto stuff, i'm going to look see for myself too since you have piqued my interest plus without discounts kohler (which i was considering) and toto are equivilant in pricing good.gif i wonder if there is a place that has both toto and kohler in the same store, hmmmm perhaps somewhere along balestier

Thanks for the advice Sleek, but I really do have a budget constraint after COV... (I wanna slam ex-housing minister MBT again)... :furious: So no Miele this time...

Thanks for the link was reading n realise that Boconcept is also using compressed word and not plywood? Wonder if I can get a Scanteak n have a furious spray paint session? :P

For the Toto stuff, I uploaded some design drawings, dimensions n prices in my wordpress blog so maybe you can pop by for easy price ref while out shopping? What is the standard Kohler discount btw?

Dear reno experts here, I've spent a lot of time thinking of my wardrobe config n this is version 1.0. What do you think?

Any advice is most appreciated! TIA! :yamseng:

wardrobe-design-ver011.jpg

Sigh, can't help but think of May_dreams' 3m (?) long wardrobe, while I was planning. :dribble:

Thanks for the advice Sleek, but I really do have a budget constraint after COV... (I wanna slam ex-housing minister MBT again)... :furious: So no Miele this time...

Thanks for the link was reading n realise that Boconcept is also using compressed word and not plywood? Wonder if I can get a Scanteak n have a furious spray paint session? :P

For the Toto stuff, I uploaded some design drawings, dimensions n prices in my wordpress blog so maybe you can pop by for easy price ref while out shopping? What is the standard Kohler discount btw?

mbt is one bangwall.gif, but the policy to let all the foreigners in with scant regard for how our infrastructure was going to be able to cope is a MIW decision, so gotta blame all of them, oops did i just say that out loud again? look at their stop at 1, too was enough campaign back in the 70s? hahaha, obviously they're good at making bad decisions amongst the good, just the bad got bigger and worst.

i just realised that compressed wood thing myself, thanks for pointing it out. i like scan teak stuff too, hmmmmm, really gotta go take a look, knock knock see see again... :)

the kohler is not a standard discount i think but was a special discount at the beginning of the year for 1 model of WC and certain models of basin + bathroom accessories. not sure if they still have the promo, but they are at khk asia which is near your new place so you can call or pop by and check their showroom out.

Just thought to share some pics of my current stairs following a stairs discussion at May_dream's place....

Thanks to Ely's hubby for his suggestion to save the teak steps, but after re-examining the way the posts are drilled into the wood, think no hope to salvage... :bleah:

13b-staircase.jpg

13a-staircase-steps.jpg

We are currently going with cable wire stairs... IDs had suggested really minimalist railings but we wanted to childproof the stairs in case of future additions to the family. :P

Hi Adidaem,

Was really nice meeting you yesterday - we had a lot to chat about, and it was fun talking about all that online shopping :) You're so easy to get along with too :)

Will ask The Husband to take a look at these pics and to give you his very technical advice *zones out*.

And I agree with Sleek - sure cannot afford Miele?!?! You are the Duchess of All Things Branded! :P

As for your wardrobe, I'd suggest you store the winter clothing on the shelves above the wardrobe if you have space constraints, unless you travel to cooler climates often of course. Or have them in the other bedrooms' wardrobes. A point to note about the light in the wardrobe - we have the same thing, but we had to install more T5s on the bottom rungs. Shelves are okay for a single T5, but once you hang clothes on the top rung, the bottoms will hardly be illuminated. And if you're like me, with lots of black/grey - it can be really tough trying to pick out which pair of black pants out of the 25 you want to wear. We now live with some obvious trunking (ugh) but that's our lack of foresight and besides, the clothes cover the trunking well enough.

- Ely

Haha... My WIW is 15.5ft with the drawers for dressing table, which is abt 5m.

Just like what ely said... Don't mix dresses with winter clothings. How long is your wardrobe?

Just thought to share some pics of my current stairs following a stairs discussion at May_dream's place....

We are currently going with cable wire stairs... IDs had suggested really minimalist railings but we wanted to childproof the stairs in case of future additions to the family. :P

Sis Adidaem, very good choice ! Cable Wire stairs was one of my top choices, but have to give up .... yes due to MBT in a way... ... 8|:bangwall:

cable wire staircase?

Interesting, how much does it cost? Im changing my staircase railing too & havnt decide which to choose

It'll match my invisible grilles..hehe

As for your wardrobe, I'd suggest you store the winter clothing on the shelves above the wardrobe if you have space constraints, unless you travel to cooler climates often of course. Or have them in the other bedrooms' wardrobes. A point to note about the light in the wardrobe - we have the same thing, but we had to install more T5s on the bottom rungs. Shelves are okay for a single T5, but once you hang clothes on the top rung, the bottoms will hardly be illuminated. And if you're like me, with lots of black/grey - it can be really tough trying to pick out which pair of black pants out of the 25 you want to wear. We now live with some obvious trunking (ugh) but that's our lack of foresight and besides, the clothes cover the trunking well enough.

- Ely

Thanks for the suggestion Ely! I will revise my wardrobe layout plan in version 1.1. :D

And yes, I've loads of blacks too... :P

But I don't have another wardrobe to play with... so just have to live with what I have.

Haha... My WIW is 15.5ft with the drawers for dressing table, which is abt 5m.

Just like what ely said... Don't mix dresses with winter clothings. How long is your wardrobe?

Before anything, lemme drool 1st... :dribble::dribble::dribble: 5 metres???

Sigh... mine is a misery 2.6 m in comparison.

I don't have many dresses lar, so loads of space lor. :P

Sis Adidaem, very good choice ! Cable Wire stairs was one of my top choices, but have to give up .... yes due to MBT in a way... ... 8|:bangwall:

Hope it turns out well! We had agreed on mild steel in plain round bars (that matches the corridor windows) but last week suddenly IDs proposed cable wire rails.

As I mentioned on your blog, we are also getting the parquet stair steps. :good:

cable wire staircase?

Interesting, how much does it cost? Im changing my staircase railing too & havnt decide which to choose

It'll match my invisible grilles..hehe

No idea cos we haven't seen the revised quotes... we were originally quoted slightly less than 4K for the steps and steel bars excluding demolition costs.

Yeah, also told our IDs that cable wires would match future invisible grills. :D

Yet another major purchase today... finally got my washing machine.

It's a Bosch WAS28444ME:

11729_958212235_hix1290589948_resize.jpg

- 8kg wash load capacity

- Large drum size at 65 litres

- A-30% Energy Efficiency Rating (EU standard)

- VarioPerfect™ logic system ensures outstanding results for all kinds of textiles and load sizes

- EcoSilence Drive™ offers maximum efficiency, economy and exceptionally quiet operation

- Anti-vibration side panel ensures exceptionally quiet operation

- VarioSoft™ drum system for better cleaning results and shorter washing cycles

- Variable 400 to 1400rpm spin speed with rinse hold

- 14 washing programmes (incl. Wool and Delicates)

- Special programmes:

• Super Quick 15 min

• Mixed load

• Sports Wear

- Reload function

- 32cm large porthole for easy loading and unloading of big items

- Ergonomically favorably positioned door handle to enable opening of door without bending down

- Double slide window for improved efficiency and maximised laundry protection

- Large LED display for temperature, spin speed and time delay selection (24hrs) with remaining time indicator

- 4 function buttons:

• SpeedPerfect

• EcoPerfect

• Easy Iron

• Rinse Plus

- Aquastop™ - 100% leakproof system

Consumption Rates

Electricity: 1.03 kWh

Water: 56 litres

Appliance dimensions:842H x 600W x 590D mm

Voltage: 220V-240V/ 50 Hz/ 10Amp

A rather unexpected buy as we had been looking at lower end models... but came across a good offer for this end-of-life model and was seduced by the 'made-in-Germany' tag... (has the same effect on me as the MIJ tag). :P

Before anything, lemme drool 1st... :dribble::dribble::dribble: 5 metres???

Sigh... mine is a misery 2.6 m in comparison.

I don't have many dresses lar, so loads of space lor. :P

Listen to Ely. she expert in WIW! hehehe....

Listen to Ely. she expert in WIW! hehehe....

May, don't be humble lar, you are also wardrobe expert! :bow::bow::bow:

Just to share some good stuff... SO n I went to Hoffen over the weekend and were quite impressed by their design and build quality. :good:

I can't afford a Hoffen wardrobe or kitchens, but some of you may be able to? They have gorgeous stuff and loads of blum accessories/shelves/hinges! Hoffen has 30% off their systems till 29 May, so do make time to go down and have a look if you are free. I really love their wardrobes... n kitchen tops are in Corian btw... :dribble:

Some of my fav wardrobe features here, and more details are available in my wordpress blog post on Hoffen.

hoffen-wardrobe-lights-04.jpg

hoffen-wardrobe-drawersnshelves-04.jpg

hoffen-wardrobe-drawersnshelves-05.jpg

Yet another major purchase today... finally got my washing machine.

A rather unexpected buy as we had been looking at lower end models... but came across a good offer for this end-of-life model and was seduced by the 'made-in-Germany' tag... (has the same effect on me as the MIJ tag). :P

Wow Sis, this is a Top of the line BOSCH ! :jawdrop: MIG somemore ! .... :dribble::dribble: