Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

My revised dining room 'mood board':

dining-room3.jpg

And my living room one...

living-room5.jpg

Both rooms are pretty much furnished, which is quite a load off my mind (and my SO's too I'm sure, since that means no more hectic weekend furniture shopping). :rolleyes:

Apart from lights, cos we couldn't find nice ones on the last shopping trip with my IDs... these are what's left to buy - all pretty much decided, just have to dig into my aching wallet to pay for them:

1. Fridge

2. Heaters

3. Fans

4. WC

5. Sinks

6. Built-in oven

7. Blinds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Adi!!!

Happy weekend!

We chose a darker coloured toilet too... the colour ranges from really dark gray to mid colour grey - total of three shades. So far it looks really nice.. so am sure you'll like it too!!!

Hope yr reno will start soon! Will be looking forward to yr reno pixs!

ta..

Today was also tiles selection day. I take pretty crappy iphone pics so I'll share what I sorta imagine my toilet will look like:

dark-toilets.jpg

Yeah, dark tiles on walls and floor. Hope I don't regret this! The rest of the selection is pretty cookie-cutterish so won't elaborate further here.

Also got a work schedule from my IDs today, and finally confirmed when to arrange delivery for all my purchases. So excited to see my post-reno apartment... ahhhh... can't stand the wait.

And why my seller taking so long to move out??? :curse:

Hi Adi!!!

Happy weekend!

We chose a darker coloured toilet too... the colour ranges from really dark gray to mid colour grey - total of three shades. So far it looks really nice.. so am sure you'll like it too!!!

Hope yr reno will start soon! Will be looking forward to yr reno pixs!

ta..

Looking forward to see how your toilet turns out... so no squatting loos or retro mosaics eh? :P

Erm, my toilet is a monotonous monochromatic dark gray... with white sanitary wares, vanity & cabinet, and chrome fixtures... I keep thinking about and going into 'mini panic attacks' like omg what if it looks like... (insert choice word).

And of course I see nice beigey hotelish toilets like Jumpstreet's and then panic a bit more...

Help! Sorry to be a drama queen but really need your advice if you've installed roller blinds at your place...

My IDs just showed us the roller blinds (& PVC venetian blinds for the toilets) quotations and everytime I see the final figure, I feel like hyperventilating.

The quote includes nearly complete day and night blinds for:

- Dining room

- Study (windows, glass door n wall between kitchen & study (full length))

- Living room (windows, glass panels between living room & balcony (full length))

- MBR

- 2BR

- 3BR

- PVC venetian blinds for 2 upstairs toilets

The sample that we saw for the curtains look really good, but the final price is $4K. !! :(:wacko::blink:

Is that normal? My IDs gave us the quotation with breakdown from the shop, but I'm so duh at this measurement/psf thing. Mabbe as an example, the dining room (measures 2.1m across)was quoted at about $340 for both day and night blinds.

Edited by adidaem

er.. you going install day and night roller blinds? wont it be very "thick" on top? (i'm bad @ visualizing)

normal 4room (living room, 3 bedrooms) will cost roughly 1.3-1.5k for roller blinds (one layer i think)

since yours is 2 type, plus additional for your balcony and kitchen plus venetian blinds, might be around that figure (4k).

Perhaps, if can, get a curtain company to do FOC measurement for you, then with a comparsion, it will be easier for you to gauge ba. :)

btw, waiting to see the dark toilets. will be nice i think!

er.. you going install day and night roller blinds? wont it be very "thick" on top? (i'm bad @ visualizing)

normal 4room (living room, 3 bedrooms) will cost roughly 1.3-1.5k for roller blinds (one layer i think)

since yours is 2 type, plus additional for your balcony and kitchen plus venetian blinds, might be around that figure (4k).

Perhaps, if can, get a curtain company to do FOC measurement for you, then with a comparsion, it will be easier for you to gauge ba. :)

btw, waiting to see the dark toilets. will be nice i think!

Thanks for the info Footprint!

Yeah, checked with a friend n he got his night only blinds for around that price too. So looks like the quote from IDs isn't too far outta range.

My IDs designed coves and what not to hide some of the blinds on level 1. Still thinking if we need day AND night blinds tho or should we just do night?

What do you recommend?

For the toilet... hmm... also curious what it'll look like. Long time more tho. Waiting is such a pain. :bangwall:

lol shifting it here instead of replying on csingeu's

Hmm... dunno... I normally shy away from the camera... guess no choice during weddings plus I think having loads of 'warpaint' on helps.

9 years ago? OMG Sleek that is young! As in I mean a young bride. And nice to be captured for posterity in the prime of your youth huh? I feel like a terribly old bride-to-be TBH. :~

Oh sounds lovely Ely! Can I see your wedding pics when they are ready? :sport-smiley-004:

Poor csingeu indeed. Maybe we should move the discussion to either of our T-Blogs instead so he can continue his reno discussion? :rolleyes::P;)

Let me brush the dust off my list of atas photographer names...

Hmm... it's just too stressful to plan for my wedding AND renovate the house at the same time. If you guess how much COV I paid and I suppose can guess at the amount I'm spending on reno n furnishings... you'll understand why. Plus I'm just as picky about gowns n ballrooms/restaurants/photographers as I am about furnitures and appliances.

Not to mention that I just changed my job too.

I know it's just one day, but I do not want to regret when I'm even older n more wrinkled that I did not have a proper wedding or take some nice pics when I was younger.

Think it also stems from the fact that I think I'm too fat now to look good in a gown. Need to go on some major weight loss/exercise routine/beautification routine.

:o Think I'm starting to sound like a bridezilla, how scary is that???

errrr i always joke that my hb was snatching the cradle but hey i am the type who doesnt believe in a relationship dragging on for too long without something changing; ie get married or break up, no offense to you since i know how long you've been dating :) so after we dated for 4 years, 2 of which was LDR, i told him either we marry or break up. we didnt have kids till 5yrs after marriage anyway so it kinda worked out in the end. i love how this sums relationships up, http://wongfuproductions.com/2011/04/strangers-again-new-short-film/

make sure you dont only get a good photographer but a good MUA too!!!! dont want to look like some unfortunate OTT drag queen :Dlike i mentioned before, you're NOT MARRYING OLD!!!!!

lol shifting it here instead of replying on csingeu's

Hahaha, yeah, just as well... mabbe I can rename this as the 'Vietnamese bride T-blog' :rolleyes:

errrr i always joke that my hb was snatching the cradle but hey i am the type who doesnt believe in a relationship dragging on for too long without something changing; ie get married or break up, no offense to you since i know how long you've been dating :) so after we dated for 4 years, 2 of which was LDR, i told him either we marry or break up. we didnt have kids till 5yrs after marriage anyway so it kinda worked out in the end. i love how this sums relationships up, http://wongfuproductions.com/2011/04/strangers-again-new-short-film/

make sure you dont only get a good photographer but a good MUA too!!!! dont want to look like some unfortunate OTT drag queen :Dlike i mentioned before, you're NOT MARRYING OLD!!!!!

Hahaha, I believe good photographer can photoshop well... but need to diet first lar.

Slowly slowly one thing at a time... reno finish, settle into new job n then marriage? Sounds a bit like wrong priority but what's another year to 11 years together? ;)

Feel old cos most ppl my age seem to have married ages ago n have kids by now lar.

Btw sis, I saw this and thought of you. Read from an old RT thread from 2008 that this store is highly recommended. Got some resort style stuff (n those victorian type furnitures for those interested). Supposedly the supplier to Iwannagohome so can get nice designs at cheaper prices:

http://www.roomyroom.com/html/home.html

Maybe u can go n have a look? :P

Hi Sis Adidaem, wow your kopi n loti in your wordpress looks very delicious :dribble: do you know of any place where they have nice wall mirrors ? "those not so ex type but looks ex".. ... :o:D (between $100 to $300)

Edited by Kobelala

Hi Sis Adidaem, wow your kopi n loti in your wordpress looks very delicious :dribble: do you know of any place where they have nice wall mirrors ? "those not so ex type but looks ex".. ... :o:D (between $100 to $300)

Where do you want to place your mirror? Hall or toilet?

There is always Ikea, e.g:

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/30171849

OR

http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/30162982

figgjo-mirror-black-round__82276_PE207828_S4.JPG

ulsberg-mirror__0107586_PE257257_S4.JPG

To be honest, I haven't seen any nice mirrors that made me want to buy them yet...

Tried surfing the net and only found this:

http://www.designer.sg/products_mirror.html

Or you can go thru this long list:

http://singapore.angloinfo.com/af/732/singapore-glass-and-mirrors.html

e.g.

http://www.mirrormadeforu.com/

But... best bet is to PM Shopping QueenTM and ask her I think. Sorry am not much of help. :unsure:

P.S. Kopi n loti from Yakun. Purposely bought loti so that I can get a pic for blogging. :D

Edited by adidaem

There is always Ikea, e.g:

To be honest, I haven't seen any nice mirrors that made me want to buy them yet...

e.g.

But... best bet is to PM Shopping QueenTM and ask her I think. Sorry am not much of help. :unsure:

P.S. Kopi n loti from Yakun. Purposely bought loti so that I can get a pic for blogging. :D

Ha! Not like I'm some shopping consultant omg. :unsure: But have been down to designer.sg - their selection is pretty awesome, especially if you're looking for clocks and mirrors - the mirrors are beautiful replicas but they are flimsy and light to the touch, if you don't mind. Their prices are very reasonable, but you'd need to give them a call before going down as it's not always manned, and you need to go through some strange intercom system.

I didn't get anything in the end, though the clocks were tempting, but the dimensions didn't quite fit (as I liked the huge over-sized ones!) and I ended up with a Cupecoy pendulum, a metal art piece, along with the movie clapper clock, all online. Their price range is definitely between $100-$300 but looks like its expensive replicas, as long as no one touches it :P

The only mirror I purchased was the baroque silver one from Living Phenomenon (closest to an Atoll mirror that I really, really wanted, and ended up paying $480 for it - OUCH! :bangwall: )

Hope this helps!

- Ely

Edited by Ely1

Thanks for the info Footprint!

Yeah, checked with a friend n he got his night only blinds for around that price too. So looks like the quote from IDs isn't too far outta range.

My IDs designed coves and what not to hide some of the blinds on level 1. Still thinking if we need day AND night blinds tho or should we just do night?

What do you recommend?

For the toilet... hmm... also curious what it'll look like. Long time more tho. Waiting is such a pain. :bangwall:

i feel jus night blinds good enough le.

as roller blind by itself already heavy, cant imagine two layers wor.

i have one small blackout blind (from ikea though, $19.90)

good enough! :)

e.g.

Sis Adidaem, thanks thanks, wanted to ask her royal highness :D shopping queen Ely also but after posting my question my client contacted me and .... Sis Ely replied here already :o:D very fast Sis Ely ....

Ha! Not like I'm some shopping consultant omg. :unsure: But have been down to designer.sg - their selection is pretty awesome, especially if you're looking for clocks and mirrors - the mirrors are beautiful replicas but they are flimsy and light to the touch, if you don't mind. Their prices are very reasonable, but you'd need to give them a call before going down as it's not always manned, and you need to go through some strange intercom system.

I didn't get anything in the end, though the clocks were tempting, but the dimensions didn't quite fit (as I liked the huge over-sized ones!) and I ended up with a Cupecoy pendulum, a metal art piece, along with the movie clapper clock, all online. Their price range is definitely between $100-$300 but looks like its expensive replicas, as long as no one touches it :P

The only mirror I purchased was the baroque silver one from Living Phenomenon (closest to an Atoll mirror that I really, really wanted, and ended up paying $480 for it - OUCH! :bangwall: )

Hope this helps!

- Ely

Thanks thanks :D

Ha! Not like I'm some shopping consultant omg. :unsure: Hope this helps!

- Ely

Haha, you are not a shopping consultant... just a resourceful friend with good taste lar. :yamseng:

Sis Adidaem, thanks thanks, wanted to ask her royal highness :D shopping queen Ely also but after posting my question my client contacted me and .... Sis Ely replied here already :o:D very fast Sis Ely ....

Thanks thanks :D

Yay boy, super impressed with speed of answer and info provided. :bow:

i feel jus night blinds good enough le.

as roller blind by itself already heavy, cant imagine two layers wor.

i have one small blackout blind (from ikea though, $19.90)

good enough! :)

Hmm... like I'd mentioned, IDs will hide quite a few of them in coves since I've false ceilings. But we are still fairly undecided on whether to go for day/night or just night. Still quite a lot of time to think about it I think. :)

My reno is supposed to start on 1 Jul with protection & 4 Jul for hacking...

Just checked the almanac and found some red wordings for:

1 Jul: 修造 动土

4 Jul: 拆卸 修造

That's good right?

Need some good news after some bad news at work... I need to travel for 2 weeks in Jul, and another 2 weeks in Aug. Sianz. :furious:

On the bright side, locations are not too bad - Hong Kong n Thailand.

But it's smack in the middle of my reno, and I gotta move house (and pack!) too.

Plus super busy at work. :bleah: