Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Arghh... still undecided. Think I need to look at the Toto sinks again, but thanks for the advice.

Erm, dunno how to plow thru' Mae's blog to find the info. Can you rem where it is or roughly tell me what was done pls? :P

I still have level 2 to work on. Will post more when the pics/captions are ready.

he constructed a kitchen sink for her and st96 from solid top materiel so it is one piece with the solid kitchen counter top, looks great, just that there will be color difference. you should ask mae to let you view it personally, she should be more than happy to oblige if she is in SG and has time.

looking forward to lvl 2, you really have the patience and energy to do such detailed photos loh but like what ely has advised, gotta be prepared for what-ifs and that things may not turn out exactly as what you have envisioned in your mind sometimes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Kobe bro: Been following your progress on your T-blog too. Glad to see that your reno is going well. Have you found a good date to "mini move in" already?

Hi Sis, hmmm, not yet, I intend to ask Sis Mae for help sometime next week when my TV is delivered :sport-smiley-004:

Am too tired to complete the rest of the 'before' pics today, so the 2nd BR and toilets will follow another day.

Here are the stairs/corridor one and MBR for now. Hope you like it too. :)

stairs-n-2nd-floor-corridor-before.jpg

master-bedroom-before.jpg

Pity that you cannot keep the Teak steps.... I think it's still very expensive to make these steps today...

he constructed a kitchen sink for her and st96 from solid top materiel so it is one piece with the solid kitchen counter top, looks great, just that there will be color difference. you should ask mae to let you view it personally, she should be more than happy to oblige if she is in SG and has time.

looking forward to lvl 2, you really have the patience and energy to do such detailed photos loh but like what ely has advised, gotta be prepared for what-ifs and that things may not turn out exactly as what you have envisioned in your mind sometimes.

Oh I see, thanks! We want a metal sink cos less maintenance I think. Solid top material may stain and I don't want to worry about pouring the leftover curry away n stuff. We have also decided to let our IDs pick the kitchen sink for us. Quite comfortable working/shopping with them so far and trust their taste.

Yes, after reading so many horror stories on renotalk, m really keeping my fingers crossed my reno process is smooth. :unsure:

Hi Sis, hmmm, not yet, I intend to ask Sis Mae for help sometime next week when my TV is delivered :sport-smiley-004:

Pity that you cannot keep the Teak steps.... I think it's still very expensive to make these steps today...

Yep, even the contractor said so when he saw the steps. But he gave us a surprise. He suggested to my IDs to salvage/recycle the steps and put them at the balcony ledge. Can't quite imagine how it'll look but I felt it's a very nice gesture. :wub:

Not sure if it's cos I told him that the steps were the only thing we wanted to retain and that I like the feel of the aged wood etc.

I pray that you will have smooth Reno and the final result is as you envisioned it to be. Really not many will get what they envisioned fulfilled. :)

All the best!!

My reno will start on Monday instead of last Fri. IDs said no change to the delivery schedule. Think I'll pop by next week n have a look at the destruction process since the permit to hack all the walls we wanted was granted on Fri (yippee!). IDs said our HDB officer is quite efficient and even chased the contractor for the PE submissions, which is a nice change from another that they'd encountered.

So we spent Saturday morning at our place going thru the 19 pages of CAD that our IDs have prepared for us. After that we both went on a sorta fun 'date' at the Red Dot Design Museum. Thought to share some of the nice stuff we saw at the museum.

red-dot-wall-lights.jpg

red-dot-others.jpg

I've blogged about our visit to the museum n MAAD (clicky HERE) if anyone is interested to read, and for iPhone users to pan n zoom the pics. :yamseng:

I pray that you will have smooth Reno and the final result is as you envisioned it to be. Really not many will get what they envisioned fulfilled. :)

All the best!!

Thanks dear! :)

Yes I hope so too. My IDs hv mentioned that they want to submit our apartment to design mags after completion and we think they are sincere cos they want to establish a name for themselves. Even the contractor they are working with is sorta 'branded' one, which greatly amused us when we found out... n our in-charge/supervisor is a well educated uni grad who speaks excellent english. As unlike a typical PCK-type contractor as you can find I think.

If anything, our IDs can be more finicky than me about the finishing and feel, which is great cos I am very finicky and I (they) know it.

But end of the day, it's the final results that matters (rather than words) so we'll see. Guess you guys will be around to share in my reno joy (or angst!). :yamseng:

(Suddenly feel so excited again that reno will start soon when I start thinking about it, LOL)

Hope you have a smooth reno!

BTW, just curious, who is your ID?? You may have mentioned it in the previous posts. Just curious coz you never know, I may move again in a few years time ;)

Hope you have a smooth reno!

BTW, just curious, who is your ID?? You may have mentioned it in the previous posts. Just curious coz you never know, I may move again in a few years time ;)

Hi Patsy, I'll share the name of my IDs and contractor when my reno is over k? In fact, I'll probably share my experiences in dealing with the 10 (or issit 11?) IDs/contractors we approached.

If things work out well for my place, then I think you can definitely consider my IDs if you do move again/build a house cos they are both trained architects. I would love to see what they can do with a clean slate, or with a more interesting space like an old shophouse.

Wow!! So high class ID and contractor. Sure get into mag!! Must have paid a lot for your reno.

I think we paid a fair price for the design/concept and amount of work that has to be done. We are hacking away 4 major walls after all... Now all up to contractor to work their makeover magic lar. Fingers crossed.

We engaged them not cos they are high class but cos we felt the most 'chemistry' with them and liked their initial ideas.

As for getting into mags, it's a bonus if we do, but think most important is that the reno process goes well and that we have a nice and comfortable home to go back to.

-----

Btw, when is the most ideal time to go back to the apartment and take a pic of the messy WIP hacked state (with broken bits all over the place)? Feel like getting some pics to blog about and also to update my SO since he is overseas for work. :P

reno starting today!

cant wait to see how it will turn out.. will be stalking here.

;)

Thanks Footprint. :)

Not much to update in the 1st few days. I've asked my ID when is the best time to go down n take photos (felt a bit 'bimbotic' when I asked, dunno why) of the hacked and cleaned-up stage.

My ID arranged the tiles for me when I told him I'm taking the pics for blogging. Found it so cute that he added a little block of white solid surface for the toilet tiles.

floor-tiles.jpg

For iPhone users: Clicky HERE (rem to switch to "full version" view)

Edited by adidaem

Hello! I realised you have many black tiles. :) What tiles are you using for the kitchen??

How is the first day of hacking? Have you gone down to take a look yet?? I have not gone to mine yet as I ended work late, but planning to do so tmr! :)

Hello! I realised you have many black tiles. :) What tiles are you using for the kitchen??

How is the first day of hacking? Have you gone down to take a look yet?? I have not gone to mine yet as I ended work late, but planning to do so tmr! :)

The black ones r for the loos, grey for balcony n white thru'out the study, dining, kitchen n living. IDs mentioned something about sense of space n all that... n black for contrast. Think we were quite easy going about the tiles selection and just went along with most of their suggestions.

No lar, never go down. Thought to do so tmr but IDs said Thur afternoon is better. More stuff will be hacked. Think my place got more stuff to hack than usual considering the 4 walls, marble floor n multiple layers of toilet tiles. Luckily the study room wall was already hacked by previous owner.

Wonder if it'll be smelly after hacking? :bleah:

wow your design must be nice!!

looking forward to the actual works!

nice tiles! must be feeling excited!

Congrats!

hmm why would it be smelly after hacking??

Hi, sister Adi

Congrats & wishing you a smooth & successful reno journey! Will be camping here for reno progress pictures and updates. :sport-smiley-004: