Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

love the grain pattern on the dining table :)

ur reno looks rather large scale, how long will it take?

Edited by west

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah..... Your renovation looks very massive, Is there a lot of hacking work?

U r are rewiring the entir

Ok

Thalia

PLatter Kio cgua

Erm bro, dun understand...

Yes, lots of hacking - 4 walls, 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. Actually every room is hacked except for the master bedroom... even the wall between the balcony n kitchen is hacked to widen the door...

That's why when I saw your layout, immediately suggest to hack... :P

If you are asking about electricals, then yes, rewiring everywhere, plus Cat 6 points, SCV points and new aircon piping. My SO really really hates exposed truckings so my IDs have to figure out how best to minimise the trunkings. That's one reason to get false ceilings...

love the grain pattern on the dining table :)

ur reno looks rather large scale, how long will it take?

Thanks! We both fell in love with the wood. Hope we don't regret the decision. Wood is a bit more high maintenance than I would like it to be.

Supposed to handover by end-Aug. Let's see how. Like you said, it's a pretty massive makeover.

How do you like Queenstown so far? With that sort of view, wake up also feel happy right? Just curious what direction are the windows facing?

Thanks! We both fell in love with the wood. Hope we don't regret the decision. Wood is a bit more high maintenance than I would like it to be.

Supposed to handover by end-Aug. Let's see how. Like you said, it's a pretty massive makeover.

How do you like Queenstown so far? With that sort of view, wake up also feel happy right? Just curious what direction are the windows facing?

i grew up in queenstown, queens close to be exact, my parents are still staying there, therefore i am pretty familar with the place and glad to be back again :)

my unit is aligh N-S, windows are facing south :)

2 months is probably a good guess-timate. Mine is coming up to 2 months on the 18th, and mine is not so extensive wor. However, having said that, some of the days there were no WIP at home cos i am not in town. So if you can get work done every workable day, it should be able to be completed within 2 months easily. Hope to see your finished product and of coz the process.

Have fun.

i grew up in queenstown, queens close to be exact, my parents are still staying there, therefore i am pretty familar with the place and glad to be back again :)

my unit is aligh N-S, windows are facing south :)

Oh that's nice. Am sure your parents are glad you have moved closer. :)

Any tips for a Queenstown newbie? Hidden gems to go eat/shop etc. (Maybe you can PM me if you would rather not share with the whole world?) :D

My unit is N-S, main windows and balcony facing south too. So I guess your unit must be really windy? Cos mine isn't on such a high floor and I'm already enjoying the breeze. Plus absence of morning and afternoon sun is great. :good:

2 months is probably a good guess-timate. Mine is coming up to 2 months on the 18th, and mine is not so extensive wor. However, having said that, some of the days there were no WIP at home cos i am not in town. So if you can get work done every workable day, it should be able to be completed within 2 months easily. Hope to see your finished product and of coz the process.

Have fun.

Hmm... there are some hiccups, so am quite concerned if it'll lead to handover delay. But yeah, my reno is fairly extensive. I should show my toilets' hacked state, quite a big change post hacking. :)

Wow, 3 more days! You must be really excited? :D

Hmm... there are some hiccups, so am quite concerned if it'll lead to handover delay. But yeah, my reno is fairly extensive. I should show my toilets' hacked state, quite a big change post hacking. :)

Wow, 3 more days! You must be really excited? :D

3 more days to 2 months, delay a little I guess. Thus not excited.

Made this mostly to update my SO on the reno. Hacked toilets are not that interesting IMO, but you can see that the wall between 2BR and corridor to the toilet has been hacked away to create my on-suite bathroom. :)

d9-toilets.jpg

LINKY for phone browsers to pan n zoom (click on full version at the bottom of mobile browser screen)

For those curious what my reno end results will be like, perhaps these 3D pics can give a preview.

Is this what you'd imagine? Or you expected something quite different?

3d-sketches-level-1.jpg

LINKY for phone browsers to pan n zoom (click on full version at the bottom of mobile browser screen)

Yo! Finally finished reading 7pages of ur tblog. Hehe... Sorry for being such a latecomer!

U have such expensive taste babe, but I like.. :rolleyes:

Love ur mood boards and ur cuteness!

On a more serious note, about the 3Ds, yup,

I was expecting something much more BOOMZZ la hee...

OMG! U bought the Bin Bin! How much was it? That was on my wish list as well!

Edited by newnyew

Btw the chrome finished steel bar stool is named Arod 500.

It comes in other colours as well.

Hope u buy a few and let me try during ur housewarming!

Hee... Very thick skin to self invite I know...

Yo! Finally finished reading 7pages of ur tblog. Hehe... Sorry for being such a latecomer!

U have such expensive taste babe, but I like.. :rolleyes:

Love ur mood boards and ur cuteness!

On a more serious note, about the 3Ds, yup,

I was expecting something much more BOOMZZ la hee...

OMG! U bought the Bin Bin! How much was it? That was on my wish list as well!

Thanks for going thru my ramblings n my amateurish mood boards! :)

As for expensive tastes... Erm, I like nice stuff, it's just unfortunate that they are usually expensive too... Plus my SO is "anal" about finishing (e.g. laminate edges) and I am particular about materials (e.g. I hate particle boards) so that's a pretty lethal combination when it comes to furniture. Otherwise I'm more a hawker centre food kinda gal... love authentic hawker food, the kind that is usually cooked by an old man in white singlet. Mmm... yummy.

My IDs are fairly minimalist. Very "Japanese" aesthetics, so my design is really "clean". Also puts more pressure on us to get nice furnishings, cos it's the furnishings that will take centrestage, not the reno I think...

As I'd mention before...

I suspect many will find my place a little plain n colourless. But it's our place/home so whatever makes us happy right?

So luckily I share the 3Ds now, else such a let-down when u see the actual reno... :P

I got the Bin Bins at 50% off. Usual price is $98. Good deal rite? We were quite happy to get them cos we both really like the bins the 1st time we saw them, but $98 for one is a bit hard to swallow. Got them from Trolley located at 88 Club Street:

http://trolleyblog.wordpress.com/

(also on Facebook)

Btw the chrome finished steel bar stool is named Arod 500.

It comes in other colours as well.

Hope u buy a few and let me try during ur housewarming!

Hee... Very thick skin to self invite I know...

Thanks! Yeah, we have already indented 2 chrome Arods. Unfortunately only arriving in Sep (takes 3 months!), so mabbe my place will be ready in Oct?

You are most welcome to pop by. If you want to try the stools before that, do pop by Interior Affairs at 29 Tai Seng Avenue (my fav bathroom showroom).

Yala true, as long as u both like, who cares wat others think!

Hehe the Arod is really a good choice. How much was it?

I saw it was sold for about euro248.

Here are the 3Ds for level 2.

3d-sketches-level-2.jpg

In case you missed my earlier post, you can see the level 1 3Ds HERE.