Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

I've sorta stopped buying stuff, but it's now my SO's turn. It appears that he has been poisoned and he's lugging back an Artemide Melampo table lamp from Europe. It's a Red Dot designer winner and the lampshade can be adjusted into 3 positions.

sid2_20773_big.jpg

melampo-tavolo_03_LRG.jpg

Nice :good: will never go wrong with a red dot winner :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Exactly the same sentiment. SO was fairly 'innocent' before all this started... now he's as well-versed as I am on where to shop... haiz, feels like even more 'corrupted' than me now. He doesn't even like me going to Ikea... he'll keep pointing all the edges and flaws to me until I cannot continue shopping. :bangwall:

He only got one lamp, so I think it will throw the room off balance. That's the problem with table lamps... I was trying to convince him to get the stand version but he didn't want. $$$ man...

same same here!! whenever we go ikea, its only to eat.

when i see something i find nice, he will say go to Space.

when i want to see lightings n barstools, he will say go to Hugo.

faints..

I tink there wont be any problem w only one lamp as it will be the focus instead of a pair.

n it fits rite into ur decor :)

so, anymore luxury buys recently? :notti:

I've sorta stopped buying stuff, but it's now my SO's turn. It appears that he has been poisoned and he's lugging back an Artemide Melampo table lamp from Europe. It's a Red Dot designer winner and the lampshade can be adjusted into 3 positions.

sid2_20773_big.jpg

melampo-tavolo_03_LRG.jpg

Hey hey Sis Adi, where did you SO buy this? Would this be suitable as a bedside lamp?

Nice :good: will never go wrong with a red dot winner :D

True lar, love "Red Dot" stuff. :good:

same same here!! whenever we go ikea, its only to eat.

when i see something i find nice, he will say go to Space.

when i want to see lightings n barstools, he will say go to Hugo.

faints..

I tink there wont be any problem w only one lamp as it will be the focus instead of a pair.

n it fits rite into ur decor :)

Hugo sells lightings? I thought only kitchen stuff?

My SO will tell me that my ID will be soooooo disappointed wif me if I get "item xyz" from Ikea. :(

Oh he actually made plans for the lamp! After some questioning, he intends to get a small table to put the lamp and a reading chair. So sneaky. No wondering he kept hinting that I can always 'donate' my bedside table n armchair if they don't fit with the rest of the decor. 8|

Hey hey Sis Adi, where did you SO buy this? Would this be suitable as a bedside lamp?

I think either the smaller table lamp or the wall one would be more suitable. There are 2 sizes for the table lamp and this Melampo series also has floor and wall lamps - some pics below. There are 2 colours - bronze with Ecru lampshades or silver with silver/grey lampshades.

They can be found in Million Lighting and in Air Division in Singapore. If you buy a few, might be worth looking at overseas lighting stores in Europe and ship them in yourself. Cos the SG prices are really overpriced IMO. He got the lamp from Europe.

Floor, wall n table

melampofloor.jpg

Table - big n small

main.jpg

Wall

artemide_melampo.jpg

Oh he actually made plans for the lamp! After some questioning, he intends to get a small table to put the lamp and a reading chair. So sneaky. No wondering he kept hinting that I can always 'donate' my bedside table n armchair if they don't fit with the rest of the decor. 8|

These are not luxury buys, but dun think I've mentioned them before. I got a Dantes bedside table and Sunday armchair from Air Division. SO is eyeing them for his room but they are actually meant for my bedroom and the living room respectively. Was seduced by the solid american walnut wood, clean lines (for the Dantes - the seemingly solid block of wood has a drawer and 2 shelf compartments inside), excellent ventilation (for the armchair) and good discount.

Dantes_Side_Table_b.jpg

SUNDAY_Armchair_3_b.jpg

Nice armchair!

Hahaha... I can imagine his sneaky conversation w u... So cute.

Yup, Hugo sells lighting range from the Slide collection.

I wanted to get a diamond light actually but i control. Show u pics later.

Dunno how to upload w stupid ipad.

www.slidedesign.it

Edited by newnyew

This is the diamond light i was so in love with tat time.

Seeing it again, hmmmm... maybe not so anymore. haha!

Last dec, after I emailed Hugo and asked for the specs and price of the cube lightbox, we decided to just go down n grab it.

Seeing the real thing, somehow we realised it will yellow sooner or later so decided not to spend tat $400 to see it turn into a dirty yellow fellow :bleah:

5964903710_dd3be2fa23_b.jpg

5964346199_effcc5a7d5_b.jpg

This is the diamond light i was so in love with tat time.

Seeing it again, hmmmm... maybe not so anymore. haha!

Last dec, after I emailed Hugo and asked for the specs and price of the cube lightbox, we decided to just go down n grab it.

Seeing the real thing, somehow we realised it will yellow sooner or later so decided not to spend tat $400 to see it turn into a dirty yellow fellow :bleah:

Haha, I love diamonds, so 2 of the Kartell Stone stools in my place. Not quite into the diamond light tho. :P

As for the lighted cube, I ordered 2 from a spree in RT for my new place! Looks like we really do like a lot of similar things huh? Bin bin, light cube, & Arod? :good::D

FYI, the Space promo has been extended till end-Aug.

Personally, the only one I find to be more affordable is the Panton chair @ $260.

As those who have been following my reno adventures would know, I got the Arco in a moment of weakness but I hope that classics would/should last 21 years so that it only costs $100 a year...

10-10-sale-extended.jpg

Haha, I love diamonds, so 2 of the Kartell Stone stools in my place. Not quite into the diamond light tho. :P

As for the lighted cube, I ordered 2 from a spree in RT for my new place! Looks like we really do like a lot of similar things huh? Bin bin, light cube, & Arod? :good::D

Yayaya, we like same same things! N the future map as well! But u richer, can buy more hee.

RT got cube spree? When was it? Also from Hugo? Cheaper?

Actually we still like the cube and havent been able to find that perfect one to replace it yet.

Haiz..

Wa panton only 260 now. I bought at 290 last yr lei, lugi..

Ur arco is not really expensive actually. 2100 for a piece of mind tat the quality will last for v long time.

I have frens who bought replicas n they rust within a few months.

But then again, also got v good replicas around la! Haha :D

Yayaya, we like same same things! N the future map as well! But u richer, can buy more hee.

RT got cube spree? When was it? Also from Hugo? Cheaper?

Actually we still like the cube and havent been able to find that perfect one to replace it yet.

Haiz..

Wa panton only 260 now. I bought at 290 last yr lei, lugi..

Ur arco is not really expensive actually. 2100 for a piece of mind tat the quality will last for v long time.

I have frens who bought replicas n they rust within a few months.

But then again, also got v good replicas around la! Haha :D

Hi, got it from a spree organised by ezjoen. Think there may be a new one if the response is good? Maybe you can register your interest:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41109

Haven't collected yet so not sure if it'll look nice. It's currently meant for my balcony... or as foot stools since we haven't found suitable ones yet. :P

Ya, I think the Panton is a really good price now. But they don't suit my place tho, so no Panton for me.

Haven't been updating cos I don't want to show the in-construction stage, but wetworks seems nearly done - am going on-site with IDs tmr to see the progress and find out what else is next.

Anyway this is to update my lighting damage for those who are interested:

- 35 x LED downlights (living, dining, corridors, MBR, 2BR, Study)

- 10x PLC downlights (kitchen & 3 toilets)

- 2 x Outdoor wall lights (balcony)

- 1 x Indoor wall light (stairs)

- 6 x LED track lights (2 tracks, for LEGO room)

- 1 x Suspension light (Normann light for dining)

- ? x Fluorescent tubes (cove lighting in living & dining, built into the MBR & 2BR bed headboards, and in the wardrobes & the shoerack & MBR & 2BR mirrors)

Doesn't seem like a lot from the lighting plan, but a few lights in each room adds up to quite a number. Apart from the dining lamp, our IDs selected all the rest of the lights. So & I were actually really glad to leave the lightings layout to the experts cos so difficult to know how to plan otherwise. So I actually don't have pics of the final lights selection. :P

But quite boring to read an update without pics right? :)

So, a little confession... Apart from the 'fixed' lights, we have decided to get a few more standing and/or table lamps for the rooms for mood lighting and reading lights. So far, our expensive lights are all of the 'movable' variety... figured will be easier to move the lights with us next time. You would have seen the Arco and Artemide Melampo lamp if you have been following my blog. Haven't shown the 3rd expensive splurge we got some time ago...

imgzoom-loop-fontana-arte-ref5429axl.jpg

It's the Fontana Arte Loop lamp designed by Voon Wong & - Saw (from Singapore!) for Fontana Arte in 2003. Rotating the body of the lamp causes it to function as a diffuser.

We haven't decided which room to put this lamp in so far, but I love how it looks and to play with the swivelling. Super fingerprint magnet tho!

Think I never mention my aircon config before... or if I did, I forgot lar. Since I just mentioned on another thread...

Btw my open concept living/kitchen is 20K BTU I think... plus another 17K for the dining so that L1 will be cool enough during parties. Rooms are 12K for MBR, 8.5K each for study, BR2 & LEGO room.

The pipes have been installed and mostly concealed either in the false ceiling or in carpentry thanks to careful planning and discussions between my IDs, main contractor and aircon contractor. :good:

From a fairly cursory look on Thur evening, I didn't spot any obvious piping. I suspect I won't even after a more thorough look tmr since my IDs are more particular about concealing the pipes than me... My contractor also pointed out some gradient thing to us... I have to confess I couldn't quite see the gradient, but am glad that they thought of it. :P

Feel so excited to see the place with my IDs tmr. :sport-smiley-004:

imgzoom-loop-fontana-arte-ref5429axl.jpg

It's the Fontana Arte Loop lamp designed by Voon Wong & - Saw (from Singapore!) for Fontana Arte in 2003. Rotating the body of the lamp causes it to function as a diffuser.

We haven't decided which room to put this lamp in so far, but I love how it looks and to play with the swivelling. Super fingerprint magnet tho!

Wow, never seen this before ! very nice !! :good: Sis Adidaem, your T-Blog n wordpress is real poisonous :o:D