Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hi all, Joyous PM-ed me her electrical quote and confirm that the VO pricing is way off the market. Just by comparing the common items like electrical points, my VO went down by $1K! That's like 1/3 of the VO cost lor! So u imagine lar, my per point charges are like on average 50% more than hers!

Can others with reasonable electrical quotes pls send me yours for reference? I'm using it to argue against the VO charges cos the VO charges are definitely not per market rate as they'd mentioned to us.

Haiz, am really so upset with the electrical pricing. :furious:

u rem u asked me why we had to go down with the electrician to my place for the actual site inspection. we confirm with him the positions and at the same time confirm the lighting points and stuff etc. in fact we did not have any lighting plan at all. my contractor just estimated the points and quote me.

anyway, try to nego with your ID. all the best!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well, this is an expensive reno lesson... before agreeing to any VO/changes to the reno, must get the quotation... :furious:

Yup, i agreed. That is why i put in my t-blog that my electrical with my contractor was nearly $4k but with the one recommended, it was less than $3k. so for my 4-room, already a different of $1k.

I think yours might be $2-3k difference loh.... so for electrical, you can look for your own instead of using from your ID.

But the problem will come by when something was wrong then your ID says it was done by the electrician....

Hi all, Joyous PM-ed me her electrical quote and confirm that the VO pricing is way off the market. Just by comparing the common items like electrical points, my VO went down by $1K! That's like 1/3 of the VO cost lor! So u imagine lar, my per point charges are like on average 50% more than hers!

Can others with reasonable electrical quotes pls send me yours for reference? I'm using it to argue against the VO charges cos the VO charges are definitely not per market rate as they'd mentioned to us.

adidaem, the quote for my electrical works is posted here, there are unit prices there which you can refer to. :)

Hi hi !!!

Are the grooves expansion lines for hotter days etc..? I remember asking someone abt it before and was told the were....not sure if it's a design aesthetic or something. I had them in my sengkeng home that is a 7-10yr old flat.

Hmmss... yea.. yr electrician does sound a little ex... :jawdrop: I hope u'll manage to iron out the issues soon! :(

adidaem, the quote for my electrical works is posted here, there are unit prices there which you can refer to. :)

Haiz... still so upset, but shall control & not whine about it for the rest of today. 8|

Just moved all our toilet accessories, lights and the other bits and bobs that need to be installed to the car so that we can pass to the contractor tomorrow for installation. Yep, that's over $5K worth of stuff in the car. Luckily in SG we don't worry about car-jacking. :sport-smiley-003:

Have also arranged for all the furnitures and electronics to be delivered on 25th - gonna be a mad rush from morning till evening! Originally we'd intended to move the stuff in on the 20th (original handover date), but looking at the status on Sunday, we decided to give them a few more days. Plus we don't want to get dust or paint over our furniture. Unfortunately, voting day on 27th so we can't get any deliveries that day.

29th is our actual move-in date. Yep, wait till 7th month is over lor. :P

With the big picture in mind... yes, reno is gonna be over soon. Yay.

Thanks SR and Joyous for sharing your quotes. But as I'd mentioned, enough whining for today. I'll just quietly mope/fume about it. :furious:

Hi hi !!!

Are the grooves expansion lines for hotter days etc..? I remember asking someone abt it before and was told the were....not sure if it's a design aesthetic or something. I had them in my sengkeng home that is a 7-10yr old flat.

Hmmss... yea.. yr electrician does sound a little ex... :jawdrop: I hope u'll manage to iron out the issues soon! :(

No leh... it's all internal walls which is why I think it's pre-fab wall panels. Anyway, those stupid grooves cost $700 to fix.

Can't sleep (no need to guess why, ha), so decided to post something that amused me when I saw it over the weekend:

bladeless.jpg

Wonder if the blades have gone up? Yep, the one and only balcony fan in the entire block... actually, been looking out for other EMs with balcony fan and haven't seen one yet. Hope we are not too crazy to install one.

Unfortunately the ugly big metal bar is not removable... so that really spoils the view... the ugly hand rail will go tho (that rail is at eye level when seated, so really horrid).

Am looking forward to sitting in my balcony after move in. :yamseng:

Can't sleep (no need to guess why, ha), so decided to post something that amused me when I saw it over the weekend:

bladeless.jpg

Wonder if the blades have gone up? Yep, the one and only balcony fan in the entire block... actually, been looking out for other EMs with balcony fan and haven't seen one yet. Hope we are not too crazy to install one.

Unfortunately the ugly big metal bar is not removable... so that really spoils the view... the ugly hand rail will go tho (that rail is at eye level when seated, so really horrid).

Am looking forward to sitting in my balcony after move in. :yamseng:

The pole for your fan must be v v v long! :)

But I totally like the idea of putting in a fan in the balcony... It will encourage me to hang out more in the balcony, otherwise it would have been too hot!

Haiz... still so upset, but shall control & not whine about it for the rest of today. 8|

Just moved all our toilet accessories, lights and the other bits and bobs that need to be installed to the car so that we can pass to the contractor tomorrow for installation. Yep, that's over $5K worth of stuff in the car. Luckily in SG we don't worry about car-jacking. :sport-smiley-003:

Have also arranged for all the furnitures and electronics to be delivered on 25th - gonna be a mad rush from morning till evening! Originally we'd intended to move the stuff in on the 20th (original handover date), but looking at the status on Sunday, we decided to give them a few more days. Plus we don't want to get dust or paint over our furniture. Unfortunately, voting day on 27th so we can't get any deliveries that day.

oh your move in date is earlier than mine! mine is on 7 sept!!

one question, do you unpack your things b4 you move in or do you unpack your things after move in?? my house will be ready b4 my move in date. so i am not sure about it.

The pole for your fan must be v v v long! :)

But I totally like the idea of putting in a fan in the balcony... It will encourage me to hang out more in the balcony, otherwise it would have been too hot!

having a fan at the balcony will be very nice..but when it comes to cleaning...hmm seems scary coz the height is so high! heee

29th is also my move-in date! Got a FSM to calculate a good date to move in and he strongly suggested 29th for me. Its just past the 7th lunar month, and is the first day of the 8th lunar month, which symbolises a good beginning.

oh your move in date is earlier than mine! mine is on 7 sept!!

one question, do you unpack your things b4 you move in or do you unpack your things after move in?? my house will be ready b4 my move in date. so i am not sure about it.

I don't have a choice, so move in than unpack. Very rushed...

Think either is fine right? Cos it's when you start sleeping over that counts right? Errr... not sure. :P

having a fan at the balcony will be very nice..but when it comes to cleaning...hmm seems scary coz the height is so high! heee

Not that bad lar. Think the fan is 2.8m high? Also why we chose a black fan... dirty also not so obvious. :rolleyes:

29th is also my move-in date! Got a FSM to calculate a good date to move in and he strongly suggested 29th for me. Its just past the 7th lunar month, and is the first day of the 8th lunar month, which symbolises a good beginning.

That's good to know! Thanks! :):yamseng:

Am really glad I took half day leave to go on-site. Such a happening day. We saw our electrician (again), carpenters (1st time), plumber (1st time), a few guys seeming to randomly paint random corners at random times (couldn't figure out how those patches to paint were selected), contractor boss (again) and of course our IDs n contractor. There was like a party in the house (very crowded lor). Think around 15 pax in the apartment excluding SO & I.

So before we reached our place I called my contractor to ask for help to carry the bathroom accessories and we expected him to send one of the workers down... instead he was at the void deck with his boss and a big trolley !! ! Ya lor was so surprised. He said his workers all very busy so he send himself lor. Actually all the electricals drama/angst aside, I still think that he is a very nice guy lar. :sport-smiley-018:

Was told the installation of the carpentry started today and should finish by Friday. Think we saw everything onsite, and was greeted by the (surprising) sight of the lift lobby being packed full of carpentry when we first arrived. By the time we left, the lower kitchen cabinet was fixed, as was part of the utility area and the breakfast counter. In the MBR, part of the wardrobe and bed was fixed too. The carpenters also put in the guest toilet door and the pelmet for the sliding panels for the LEGO room. Of course, they moved all the cabinets inside before locking up for the day lar.

Oh ya, and the cable for my dining lamp was fixed in. There was a little bit of drama in that cos I'd insisted that the placement was wrong (based on my naked eye agar-ration of the table size and space for chairs), so the electrician consulted ID, drilled a hole and then I still insisted that the placement was wrong (felt like the homeowner from ****). We finally figured that the CAD was not updated for revised ceiling downlight placements and the measurement was based on centering of the lamp between 2 of the downlights (which would have resulted in my dining lamp being off-centre since the downlights moved). Anyway, so that was my contribution for the day lor, amidst all the standing around and trying not to get in the way.

Other updates... the parquet for stairs were in, ceiling fans were fixed in all the rooms, and the ugly balcony rail was gone. Toilet bowls were fixed too. Also went thru placement of the toilet accessories (so so many of them, ha!) with my IDs, contractor, plumber and electrican (for the magnifying mirror in my toilet). Really quite funny cos someone would act as the 'model' n sit on the toilet bowl while the others start figuring out where to put the toilet roll holder, bidet washer, etc. As usual, we spent the longest time in my toilet cos I've a toilet fan, a magnifying mirror, towel rail, towel rack, etc, etc. :P

Starting to see the place coming together and feel all excited again. :sport-smiley-004:

Ha, so much ramblings. ;):P

Thanks for reading. :)

Ok, to be fair about the whole incident, my ID explained that the charges are higher due to concealed wirings/switches. So as I understand from reading other RT threads, concealed points are more expensive than non-concealed ones. Any experts to help clarify?

I also took the chance to look around the electricals in the apartment today and it's true that many of the switches are concealed in false walls/panels or in carpentry. The electricals VO is still not resolved, but I don't feel as upset. At least I think I can sleep better tonight lor. Unlike the last few days. :P