Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

My nose is nearly raw from the sneezing and blow cos of dust! :(

Anyway taking a break from packing so here are some pics: - Living room.

Sorry abt the pic quality again. No time for touch-ups or colour correction.

living-5.jpg

living-2.jpg

living-4.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey hey, glad to see some pics! May i ask where you did/got your tv console? It looks great! Can the grills open?

Designed by IDs, made by contractor. Finishing n quality looks good. The front panel can open. (flips down) Grills are so that the remote control signals can pass thru. Made to hang to give a lighter effect? M guessing my IDs can explain in a more poetic way. Air Division has a similar one but cannot be wall hung tho.

Does the place look Japanese btw since one of my ID is from Japan? :)

Designed by IDs, made by contractor. Finishing n quality looks good. The front panel can open. (flips down) Grills are so that the remote control signals can pass thru. Made to hang to give a lighter effect? M guessing my IDs can explain in a more poetic way. Air Division has a similar one but cannot be wall hung tho.

Does the place look Japanese btw since one of my ID is from Japan? :)

Ah i see. Yes, im also looking for one with grills and wall hung.

The mix of white and wood is very japanese.

Edited by Cornball

Ah i see. Yes, im also looking for one with grills and wall hung.

The mix of white and wood is very japanese.

Havent seen any. Think u may hv to custom make if u want wall-hung. My contractor did mention it's not easy to make.

lovely!

the lamp, yes, the shades it throw up.... lovely indeed.

and yes, your tv console caught my eye!

saw a similar one, but not wall-hung.

ya, surprised to find a mix of wood material with the rest. nice combination indeed. :)

wow..there's the 55 inch LED tv...

very nice...i notice you got 2 aircon unit below..

on top 3 more so u got 2 aircon compressor?

wow..there's the 55 inch LED tv...

very nice...i notice you got 2 aircon unit below..

on top 3 more so u got 2 aircon compressor?

Hi I hv 6 ac units 3 on each floor. Only kitchen has no ac. My blk has upgraded electrical so allowed to hv 2 compressors.

Thanks everyone for ur compliments. Hv just moved in n no Internet for netbook. Not sure how to PM on iPhone. Pls be patient if I dun reply immediately I will do so n post more pics after I've settled down.

lovely!

the lamp, yes, the shades it throw up.... lovely indeed.

and yes, your tv console caught my eye!

saw a similar one, but not wall-hung.

ya, surprised to find a mix of wood material with the rest. nice combination indeed. :)

Mmmm ya, the mix of wood, chrome n white works well. Very classic combi I think. My contractor said the place will probably look just as contemporary 10 years later. :good:

Yes both Grafunkt n Air Division have similar ones, but not wall hung which does make a diff to the aesthetics I think... If not I think the Grafunkt one is not bad.

Edit: But I still think mine is nicer cos got cantilever top. Haha. :P

Hi Adidaem

Congratulations on your newly renovated house. Looks good!

Can I know where did you buy your blinds? Mind giving me the contact?

Thanks & PM sent.

Blinds are TANA branded btw. Don't think I mentioned before.

congrats Adi!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Frigginfuchsia. :)

Wow... Congrats.

Very lovely reno done is good taste.

Is your ID Atelier M+A ?

Thanks! So far the contractors who come by say that the place is very nice. I even gave my gas contractor an impromptu house tour yesterday. :D

Yes, my house is designed by Hari & Ai Hwa from Atelier M+A. Unfortunately their website is facing some technical difficulties so the nice pics n description that I was looking forward to reading cannot be seen yet.

They have very clean aesthetics that my contractor also praised. And full credit to them for little touches like the angled false ceiling edge that adds to the look and feel of the house. They have very very clean and minimalist design tho, so if you are into loud colours then they may not be suitable for you. But as u can see from the pics (hopefully, despite my crappy photos), the white sets off my furnture well and if I do have nice paintings next time, I think it's easy to put up rather than worrying if the painting will match the wall colour.

More pics later today. Will move up the stairs to level 2 since the study, kitchen n balcony are not ready yet.

Edited by adidaem

Moving up the stairs...

stairs-21.jpg

stairs-31.jpg

Newly laid parquet flooring, mild steel rails in paint finish designed by IDs, vetted by engineer as required by HDB cos we whacked away one bedroom wall and had rails installed there instead.

My IDs had suggested really minimalist railings but we wanted something a bit more kids friendly. And I didn't want glass both for ease of cleaning and irrational fear of shattered glass.

My contractor has repeatedly apologised for the stairs finishing btw. He said touch-ups will be made later this week. Think he was a bit embarrassed that the pics show up the patchy finishing so badly.

The wall lamp is the Flos Pochette Up/Down in Chrome. We chose the fluoroscent version for energy saving and durability of bulb tho I suspect the halogen ones will give a warmer lighting feel.

More pics of stairs can be viewed HERE.

The LEGO room looks horribly packed like a storeroom now unfortunately… Feel so bad for my IDs, they must be so upset that we have moved in and destroyed the beauty of the place.

Was gorgeous when we 1st got it. Love the sliding panel doors which moves really well/smoothly, well aligned, etc. According to my contractor, the carpenters who did the doors are really experienced and skilled 江湖老将 as he calls them.

He mentioned that not many carpenters in Singapore are able to do such a good job. Such a contrast to the horrid sliding doors installed by Pang Giap in my balcony. Do not use Pang Giap! I cant even close one of my balcony doors properly now and the other one is so difficult to close too. Grrrrr… so upset I dont even want touch those doors.

Ok, back to the nice stuff, the parquet flooring which we retained due to budget n time constraints turned out really well too. Matt finishing even my property agent who saw the original unit with us thought the floor was new cos she remembered it as looking really really awful (bright orangey colourish).

A bit of patchiness which weve asked our contractor to look at he said it might be cos the wood was like that in the 1st place cos he did not re-stain it, just grinded and I think clear coated.

lego-rm-1.jpg

lego-rm-2.jpg

More pics of LEGO room can be viewed HERE.

Edited by adidaem