Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Guest toilet: All black n moody...

guest-toilet1.jpg

hiya, i think mine old pair of eyes are playing tricks on me, but is the shower hose curled up behind the holder? maybe gotta take the shower head out so u can go past the back. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

On with the master bedroom...

The MBR looks bigger than I remember it to be. Headboard designed by my ID with walnut veneer, with the lights the room looks really bright at night.

The headboard has drawers and a flap down panel.

master-1.jpg

master-2.jpg

Master bedroom toilet has full glass door – very yuppie huh? We do have venetian blinds at the window to block the sunlight for sleeping in… Due to space constraints and loads of pipes not much we could do in terms of design, but IDs managed to hide all the pipes and they also designed a narrow vanity with the sink so that it doesn’t look even more cramped.

mbr-toilet-2.jpg

mbr-toilet-1.jpg

2nd bedroom, or 2BR in short... I gave my IDs a hard time during the design phase I think... want more wardrobe space, think with glass wall will look more hotel-style, want more lighting, etc... but I think the end result looks good. Also something a bit different cos you walk thru the wardrobe to go into the room...

2br-4.jpg

2br-3.jpg

More pics of 2BR can be viewed HERE.

hiya, i think mine old pair of eyes are playing tricks on me, but is the shower hose curled up behind the holder? maybe gotta take the shower head out so u can go past the back. :yamseng:

Nope it's just looped so that the hose don't get in the way. Thanks for pointing out tho. :)

Edited by adidaem

Ok, that concludes the pics for now. Perhaps more this weekend after unpacking and when the kitchen is done. Outstanding stuff...

- Gadgets for the door: much as I love the cute little wooden wedges my contractor got for us as door stoppers, we hv asked for magnetic stoppers along with door bolt and door chain.

- Kitchen backsplash, hood and reinstallation of the electrical outlets. Kitchen gas turn-on.

- Balcony doors: Handle from Pang Giap and pelmet(?) from my contractor to hide the uneven door frame that was installed (arghh... everytime I think abt the doors I feel so irritated with Pang Giap). :curse::furious:

- MBR bathroom ledge (which my SO is a little upset abt since it's one of the few things he asked for in his toilet (compared to mine) and it was overlooked). :P

- Touch-ups everywhere... think I wait for my IDs to list... the filling of gaps and holes and patchy paintworks that I now avert my eyes from...

- Door number plate: We've asked our IDs to think of something nice...

Since we moved in we've gotten:

- KDK to re-balance the living room fan and adjust the facing of all the fan support trunks so that the nicer side faces the doors...

- Bosch to come back to install the stacking kit and set-up the dryer.

We are both really tired (physically) from the move and I guess unpacking will take while. One funny thing that we realise... the sofa we got is super comfy for naps... an unexpected bonus! :P

Hey Adidaem! Your place looks great. Wonder how it'll look like once you're done with your decor.

Love the mild steel railings with the white and timber theme.

Nice one.

Wow! Thanks for the pics! Really beautiful, sleek and minimalist.

Very comfy feel. Makes me wanna move in too. Haha

Thanks! Haha, ya we are happy to have moved in. The stairs needs some getting used to tho! Now everytime I leave something upstairs, mentally I go... "arggggh". Lazy! :P

Congrats! Nice and cosy place! Looking forward to see the photos with all your stuff especially the Lego!

For that, I need some help from my fellow AFOLs. Gonna send out an SOS signal soon for help with unpacking the LEGO!

Hey Adidaem! Your place looks great. Wonder how it'll look like once you're done with your decor.

Love the mild steel railings with the white and timber theme.

Nice one.

Thanks JS! Yep, the railings turned out nicer than I'd thought. All credits to my IDs of course. Even my contractor's boss praised the window grills that they'd designed. :good:

As for decor, it's now so minimalist I'm afraid to put stuff up on the walls! Need some time to get over that I guess. For now I'm happy with the way the place looks. :P

Soooo lazy to unpack... procrastinate a bit more. 8|

One thing not obvious from the pics... ;) given that this is an old HDB and we have 6 aircon units, the (almost) lack of obvious trunking is nothing short of amazing.

According to my contractor (ha, been chatting with him while he's supervising the workers), my IDs & him spent a lot of time planning the ac trunkings and wirings so that they are all neatly hidden in the false ceiling, or pelmets, etc... so except for the exposed ones going up to the compressor, I actually can't find any obvious ac trunking anywhere in the house. This is even tho we actually sourced for the ac ourselves (Aircon Designs) but they were still willing to work with our ac contractor. :good::D

Ditto for most of the bathroom pipes and the 2 storage heaters hidden in the false ceilings.

So people who come over so far have commented that the place doesn't feel like a HDB. I think the hidden trunkings have a large part to play.

Of course, the place is not perfect and we are definitely finding imperfections now that we are staying in the house. But for a reno that started on 4 Jul and with HDB giving a hard time... we think our contractor has been a miracle worker. :good:

ya, time taken, despite hard time from hdb n such, is indeed.. impressive! :)

i'm impressed with ur ID too.

nx time, if i ever gg to move out.. i will take them into consideration!

hee

So people who come over so far have commented that the place doesn't feel like a HDB. I think the hidden trunkings have a large part to play.

From the pictures, your place definitely looks like a landed house/pte apartment!

The real thing should be many times nicer than what we see here in the pics.

ya, time taken, despite hard time from hdb n such, is indeed.. impressive! :)

i'm impressed with ur ID too.

nx time, if i ever gg to move out.. i will take them into consideration!

hee

They'll be happy to hear that. :)

From the pictures, your place definitely looks like a landed house/pte apartment!

The real thing should be many times nicer than what we see here in the pics.

Haha, no thanks to my bad photography. I'll show my bro's pics next time. :P