Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hahaha, anything caught your eye recently?

My bludot items are in the early-Sep shipment... :) And I am still lemming after Heidi.

Haiz, I still like the clock a lot... the rest see if anything catches my eye lor. Unfortunately the big items were settled by the time I found Pomelo, so just decor stuff left.

I did go thru the Established & Sons catalogue recently and saw some stuff I like:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/i-heart-established-sons-catalogue/

Anyway think I should go back again only after my place is done up so I can just carry stuff over directly to my new place. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Am browsing for a good/comprehensive home insurance and am feeling a bit lost...

Sounds quite paranoid but am staying in a corridor unit for the 1st time in my life so I just don't feel safe... Have insisted for my contractor to include a space for a lock (those U lock type), and I think we'll also get some home IP security camera thingy...

Any tips or suggestions on a good home insurance to get from experienced home owners will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :yamseng:

Hmm, the Aviva Home Plus

HOME PLUS

Including:

- Household Contents

- Renovation, Fixtures and Fittings

- Personal Family Third Party Liability

- Alternative accomodation expenses

- Accidental breakage of glass

- Loss of Money, Credit and Debit Cards

- Loss of personal papers

- Accidental Death of Pedigree Dog or Cat

- Aviva Select Home Emergency Assistance Package (Included)

+ Optional identity theft cover

Total Premium Payable:

12 Months S$176.55

24 months S$317.79

36 Months S$450.20

Any Aviva insured homeowners here? Does theft include all break-ins whether violent or not?

Hmm... AIA's looks comprehensive but pricey.

Comprehensive Protection That Includes

•Building (Property Insured) Coverage

Includes the ceiling, cornices, wiring, lighting, flooring, walls, doors, windows, built-in wardrobes and kitchen cabinets, gates, fences, fixtures and fittings and other interior decorations.

•Contents Coverage

Includes home entertainment systems, sofas, household and kitchen appliances, beds, tables, chairs, personal computers, cabinets and wardrobes.

•Worldwide Unscheduled/Scheduled Personal Valuables Coverage

Includes articles of jewellery, gold, silver or other precious metal, cash, cashcards, furs, stamps, coins, metal collection, wallets, watches, works of art, antiques, photographic and video cameras and their standard package of related accessories.

•Worldwide Personal Liability Coverage

When the insured is held legally liable to pay compensation for causing bodily injury or property damage to third party due to negligence.

Coverage For The Following:

•Fire

•Lightning

•Explosion

•Malicious damage or vandalism

•Burglary (evidence of forced entry not required), robbing or theft

•Impact by road vehicles

•Impact by aircraft or other aerial devices

•Riot and civil commotion

•Earthquakes

•Hurricanes, windstorms and floods

•Bursting of water tanks or pipes (excluding loss or damage to water tanks and pipes. Loss or damage due to water discharge or leaking are not covered).

Special Features

•First Loss Policy

The Insured will not be penalised in the event of underinsurance.

•Full Theft Coverage

In the event of burglary, evidence of forcible or violent entry is not required.

•Worldwide Coverage

Even outside Singapore, AIA Elite HomeCare continues to protect.

•Extended Coverage

Immediate family members (including parents, siblings, spouse and children) residing in the same home are included in the coverage.

•5-Year Premium Waiver

The Insured and his or her family will continue to be covered, in the event of the policy owner's demise or total permanent disability.

•Worldwide Accidental Death, Personal Liability and Medical Reimbursement Benefit

Annual Premium(w/ GST)

STANDARD: $169.15

COMPREHENSIVE: $231.46

EXECUTIVE: $399.50

BENEFITS

(1) Building*

(2) Loss of rent (max $250 a day)

(3) Emergency entry for loss or damage caused to the building in the event of forced entry by police, firemen or ambulance services due to a life threatening emergency involving the insured and his immediate family members

(4) Additional Free Contents Coverage (up to 5% of min. $80,000 building coverage)

(5) Contents

(6) Unscheduled Personal Valuables damaged by principal perils or stolen within building (max $2,500 per item)

(1) / (2) / (3) / (4) / (5) / (6)

STANDARD: $80,000 / $16,000 / $300 / $4,000 / $16,000 / $8,000

COMPREHENSIVE: $120,000 / $24,000 / $300 / $6,000 / $24,000 / $12,000

EXECUTIVE: $260,000 / $52,000 / $300 / $13,000 / $37,000 / $18,500

More: http://aia.com.sg/en/needs/for-individuals/protection/Home/aia-elite-homecare

Ok, back to packing...

Am browsing for a good/comprehensive home insurance and am feeling a bit lost...

Sounds quite paranoid but am staying in a corridor unit for the 1st time in my life so I just don't feel safe... Have insisted for my contractor to include a space for a lock (those U lock type), and I think we'll also get some home IP security camera thingy...

Any tips or suggestions on a good home insurance to get from experienced home owners will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :yamseng:

I can totally understand it. Before settling on our soon-to-be-renovated corner unit, we were eyeing some nice, big corridor EMs. But I was a little apprehensive. However I also see there are many people on renotalk who are fine with living along the corridor. A good strong lock is usually a good start along with remembering to close the 1st floor windows. Are you living on a low floor?

I can totally understand it. Before settling on our soon-to-be-renovated corner unit, we were eyeing some nice, big corridor EMs. But I was a little apprehensive. However I also see there are many people on renotalk who are fine with living along the corridor. A good strong lock is usually a good start along with remembering to close the 1st floor windows. Are you living on a low floor?

Am not on a low floor... just not used to the idea cos my parents' place is a point block so I've never had to worry about security other than the main door... I know... Singapore is supposed to be generally a safe place but I don't want to be the 1% that kenna.

Discussed with my SO and he suggested to get some security cameras too.

My contractor actually said while we were discussing adding grill 'ears' for a padlock that serious burglars would just smash the window glass. Doesn't make me feel any better lor. :unsure:

On a whim since we were nearby, we thought to just turn to our block and 'stalk' the place a bit. Was really surpised to see that lights were switched on and windows open indicating that there are workers in the house.

So we popped by and saw a few workers (4) doing plastering and painting. Some other workers must have been around earlier cos we saw that the toilet glass wall in BR2 and the shower cubicle has been installed and also some other patches done up. Kudos to our contractor for the OT!

We spent some time looking at BR2 toilet (since the glass is up) and decided that the black wall n tiles combi does look good. Totally helps that we have glass walls of course, so the toilet doesn't look as dark as the guest loo.

We also played with the LEGO room sliding partitions, since the last time we were in the house there were too many workers around. We really really like it! :wub:

It was a surprisingly fruitful day as we had earlier got some light bulbs for the dining light (the Norm 03) from Lightcraft - a mix of mirrored and normal bulbs to see the effect, and then popped by LifeStorey and ended up getting a set of nested side tables on offer, and then finally got some clear transparent sheets to protect our table top when we have guests over.

LifeStorey has quite a lot of new stuff btw. :good:

http://www.lifestorey.com/sales.php

Sorry about the lack of photos but it's just 4 more days! I can't wait to see the final product too. :D

-----

This is how plastic sheets are sold for those who've never seen them. The one on the right (which I got) costs $4/yard. The really really thick 'stick on' type which the shopkeeper said is heat resistant is $16/yard in the middle. The right-most one is the typical one used for wrapping textbooks when I was young... $1/yard.

plastic-sheets.jpg

Edited by adidaem

Am not on a low floor... just not used to the idea cos my parents' place is a point block so I've never had to worry about security other than the main door... I know... Singapore is supposed to be generally a safe place but I don't want to be the 1% that kenna.

Discussed with my SO and he suggested to get some security cameras too.

My contractor actually said while we were discussing adding grill 'ears' for a padlock that serious burglars would just smash the window glass. Doesn't make me feel any better lor. :unsure:

Yeah, there's always that element of fear and uncertainty. That said I remembered a Sunset Way EM Reno blog from a while back - nice ground floor unit with 2 entrances and I saw an alarm installed as well. I guess we all can't take security for granted. The age old cliche comes to mind - low crime doesn't mean no crime... :)

Buy AIG home insurance. U don't need force entry into the house to make a claim. For others, if police determine no force entry, u can't make a claim. But it is the most exp in the market. I am speaking from a bad experience. :)

Hey, i met an ID last week whom told me he is doing a house that has lot of LEGO. The kitchen is designed with LEGO. Is this happened to be your house. :dribble: dun worry i will not disclose who is that ID. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by IPineapple

Yeah, there's always that element of fear and uncertainty. That said I remembered a Sunset Way EM Reno blog from a while back - nice ground floor unit with 2 entrances and I saw an alarm installed as well. I guess we all can't take security for granted. The age old cliche comes to mind - low crime doesn't mean no crime... :)

Buy AIG home insurance. U don't need force entry into the house to make a claim. For others, if police determine no force entry, u can't make a claim. But it is the most exp in the market. I am speaking from a bad experience. :)

Ha, to be kiasu kiasi about it, as of now we have decided to get both home security system with monitoring services e.g. the ADT/Chubb/Cisco kind AND insurance.

So as part of the home security, there will be a security assessment on where we need to install sensors for my place and the weak spots - will see if we still need an insurance with no 'forced entry' clause.

Hey, i met an ID last week whom told me he is doing a house that has lot of LEGO. The kitchen is designed with LEGO. Is this happened to be your house. :dribble: dun worry i will not disclose who is that ID. :sport-smiley-004:

During the design phase, we decided that LEGO will not be the key feature of the house - so no centrepieces featuring LEGO. IDs we met did propose LEGO on staircase/kitchens/feature walls but it was a strict no-no (think was in my brief too). Based on my current place, our LEGO collection is too distracting cos everyone just looks at the LEGO that is all over the place once they go into the house.

So for our new place we decided to confine our LEGO collection to the LEGO room and study - so they are accents and not distraction (hopefully!) Plus we thought our IDs' overall interior design should take centrepiece.

As a collector, it will also pain me to see my LEGO dirtied by oil and spills. :P

Ha, to be kiasu kiasi about it, as of now we have decided to get both home security system with monitoring services e.g. the ADT/Chubb/Cisco kind AND insurance.

So as part of the home security, there will be a security assessment on where we need to install sensors for my place and the weak spots - will see if we still need an insurance with no 'forced entry' clause.

During the design phase, we decided that LEGO will not be the key feature of the house - so no centrepieces featuring LEGO. IDs we met did propose LEGO on staircase/kitchens/feature walls but it was a strict no-no (think was in my brief too). Based on my current place, our LEGO collection is too distracting cos everyone just looks at the LEGO that is all over the place once they go into the house.

So for our new place we decided to confine our LEGO collection to the LEGO room and study - so they are accents and not distraction (hopefully!) Plus we thought our IDs' overall interior design should take centrepiece.

As a collector, it will also pain me to see my LEGO dirtied by oil and spills. :P

Haha..i know how u feel. I collect toys also. MISB very precious one....must be mint mint condition.

Haiz... looks like photos will be delayed a bit more...

1. Solid surface installation on Thur, and the taps/kitchen mixer after that.

2. Balcony sliding/folding doors next Monday, and then plastering and touch-ups for the affected areas after that.

Hope it's not too dusty cos my furnitures are all going in on Thur, along with some personal barang barang.

Keep telling myself that delays are inevitable and not to get too fussed over the delay, but really wish that reno is complete/over soon. :(

Hi,

You may want to call to inquire first, as there might be possibility that there is no available safe deposit box. I used to work in bank, and for that bank they always have people inquiring for availability. And if the queue list is not too long, they will put you on queue list. :)