Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

The pipes have been installed and mostly concealed either in the false ceiling or in carpentry thanks to careful planning and discussions between my IDs, main contractor and aircon contractor. :good:

Feel so excited to see the place with my IDs tmr. :sport-smiley-004:

Concealing aircon trunking in false ceiling - is this advisable / recommended? More pics please of your reno progress ... biggrin.gif

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I hate u adi!!!

u have everything that i wanted n didnt have.

n now the Fontana Arte Loop lamp! arg.... hate u hate u :~

:(

Don't be like that. I also have a mountain of debt that you don't have... everything comes with a price, especially nice things... :dunno:

Wow, never seen this before ! very nice !! :good: Sis Adidaem, your T-Blog n wordpress is real poisonous :o:D

Thanks bro. :)

Btw I got it from Marquis at Tai Seng. It's quite interesting IMO cos the light comes from a round tube fixed to the top of the half circle. It then casts the light on the polished lower half and that reflects the light out. The balance is good too. Very nice to swing the top. I've seen replicas but the "feel" of the mechanism is totally different. Can just pop by to browse if you are the sort who don't mind to do that (parking is free!). I think I go back at least once a month just to window shop. :P

Concealing aircon trunking in false ceiling - is this advisable / recommended? More pics please of your reno progress ... biggrin.gif

Hmm... that depends on your objective. We (SO, IDs & I) really don't want to see ugly truckings and in any case we already have the false ceiling so that was how we agreed for as much wirings and truckings to be concealed as possible. We have 6 aircon blowers - exposing the truckings means metres of them running all over the place.

Of course, we take the risk that if there is a leak the false ceiling will have to be ripped out and re-done. :o

I think I only took one of the aircon trucking yest cos the rest are all concealed. I'll go thru the rest of the pics n see if I took anything else. I think the guru of concealing all wiring and pipes is Reiki's... have you found his blog yet?

There was a hiccup in getting HDB approval to whack the LEGO room wall, but things are now on-track and SO & I are quite happy with the reno progress (and speed!) after the wall was whacked. Grouting was in progress when we were there on Saturday. The false ceilings are up, and the electrician was measuring to put in the lights and electrical outlets. Aircon trucking all in. New walls nearly all up, except for the washer area. Some of the new windows are in too.

Ok, some pics of the reno that I think is more interesting.

d27_11.jpg

d27_21.jpg

LINKY for phone browsers to pan n zoom (click on full version at the bottom of mobile browser screen)

Hmm... that depends on your objective. We (SO, IDs & I) really don't want to see ugly truckings and in any case we already have the false ceiling so that was how we agreed for as much wirings and truckings to be concealed as possible. We have 6 aircon blowers - exposing the truckings means metres of them running all over the place.

Of course, we take the risk that if there is a leak the false ceiling will have to be ripped out and re-done. :o

I think I only took one of the aircon trucking yest cos the rest are all concealed. I'll go thru the rest of the pics n see if I took anything else. I think the guru of concealing all wiring and pipes is Reiki's... have you found his blog yet?

Hehe, welcome to the world of (minimum) exposed wirings and trunkings. No lah, I am not the guru on such thing but the credit must really goes to our wonderful ID who had to crack her brain to give us the look that we wanted.

BTW, you have expensive taste ah, adidaem with all your furnishings! :jawdrop:

Hehe, welcome to the world of (minimum) exposed wirings and trunkings. No lah, I am not the guru on such thing but the credit must really goes to our wonderful ID who had to crack her brain to give us the look that we wanted.

BTW, you have expensive taste ah, adidaem with all your furnishings! :jawdrop:

Ya... don't understand why HDB insist on ugly exposed trunkings. :furious:

Haiz. I just like pretty pretty things. Typical Taurean trait.

Taken from a random internet search on Taurus:

"Although their physical appearance may belie it (haha, true!!), they have a strong aesthetic taste, enjoying art, for which they may have a talent, beauty (recoiling from anything sordid or ugly) and music... Allied to their taste for all things beautiful is a love for the good things of life pleasure, comfort, luxury and good food and wine and they may have to resist the temptation to over indulgence, leading to drunkenness, gross sensuality, and covetousness(errrrr... oops)." :P

Hmm... so expensive, yeah, gotta agree. Pretty things unfortunately usually don't come cheap. :(

Yayaya, we like same same things! N the future map as well! But u richer, can buy more hee.

RT got cube spree? When was it? Also from Hugo? Cheaper?

Actually we still like the cube and havent been able to find that perfect one to replace it yet.

Haiz..

Wa panton only 260 now. I bought at 290 last yr lei, lugi..

Ur arco is not really expensive actually. 2100 for a piece of mind tat the quality will last for v long time.

I have frens who bought replicas n they rust within a few months.

But then again, also got v good replicas around la! Haha :D

Hi newnyew, i also missed the group buy for the cube, but managed to get it from the local supplier..thru the kind info from ez. Saw the actual cube..looks very nice and durable. Dun know where i will put it but just want it...ehhee. Let me know if u wan the contact..i will PM u.

Hi newnyew, i also missed the group buy for the cube, but managed to get it from the local supplier..thru the kind info from ez. Saw the actual cube..looks very nice and durable. Dun know where i will put it but just want it...ehhee. Let me know if u wan the contact..i will PM u.

Contatdecor

3018 Bedok North St 5 #05-21 Eastlink S486132

tel: 6442 4904

hp : 9698 4977

Office hours:

9am - 6pm Mondays to Friday

9am - 2pm Saturday

Closed on Sunday & PH.

They have also set up a Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lumi%C3%A8r3/125288180885262

XL3 RRP $400 each

L3 RRP $350 each

ControlPro Remote $78 each

We have collected the cubes and are really thrilled with them. And really thankful to EJ for the group buy. Probably wouldn't have gotten them without the excellent group buy price.

Entering the final 2 weeks of the reno and I guess it's only when the glass walls, sanitary fixtures and carpentry are installed that we'll see the next major change in the apartment. The place was a mess when we visited on Saturday so no pics to share.

Again, quite surprised to see around 8 workers fixing various stuff, from plastering the false ceiling to installing the switches.

Anyway, just to share some minor shopping:

mirror-n-towel-rack.jpg

LINKY for phone browsers to pan n zoom (click on full version at the bottom of mobile browser screen)

Sis Adi

:thumbs up: Reno progress is taking up its shape!

I have yet to collect the Cubes from their place in Bedok. They called me last Saturday but I was busy, and the place is too far away, so I am asking if they arranged for delivery. Waiting for his response.

I am using it for feng shui purpose....will post details in my own blog. :sport-smiley-018:

Thank u n IPineapple for the cube contact. Am still thinking shd i get the big one or the small one :D

Big one nicer I think. Contatdecor had both big & small on display n I think the big one looks better... more practical also for stool/coffee table/foot rest/etc. Think suit your place. Is very colourful! :)

Sis Adi

:thumbs up: Reno progress is taking up its shape!

I have yet to collect the Cubes from their place in Bedok. They called me last Saturday but I was busy, and the place is too far away, so I am asking if they arranged for delivery. Waiting for his response.

I am using it for feng shui purpose....will post details in my own blog. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi sis, thanks for dropping by! :)

Ya man. The place very far n hard to find. But the whole building is quite interesting... it's like the reno factory of Bedok (just like the food factory in Woodlands).

Just checked your blog and no updates leh. So curious for what feng shui purpose.

Hi Sis , very nice progress, can't wait to see the end product :sport-smiley-004:

and hey Sis.... we bought the same rack from Adamas.... beautiful ! :good:

IMG-20110808-010491.jpg

OMG, you are really my long lost bro!!! :drunk:

Ok, yet more lamps, but this time the ones that didn't make the final cut. These lamps were shortlisted by my IDs for my stairs wall light. Since they gave us such a long list, thought it's such a waste not to make a record of them.

the-ones-that-made-the-shortlist.jpg

Not sure where to get them in Singapore. My IDs shortlisted them from online stores in Europe cos my SO is overseas for yet another business trip. Am sad that he is away... :( But the upside is that he can courier our stairs lamp back. :)

Hi, may I ask how much did the washing machine cost?

Thanks.

Yet another major purchase today... finally got my washing machine.

It's a Bosch WAS28444ME:

11729_958212235_hix1290589948_resize.jpg

A rather unexpected buy as we had been looking at lower end models... but came across a good offer for this end-of-life model and was seduced by the 'made-in-Germany' tag... (has the same effect on me as the MIJ tag). :P