Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Two things that make me really heartache about my reno this weekend... :(

1. The sliding windows in my bedroom, which means I can only ever open one side... :~

regret.jpg

2. A shocking VO for my electricals, bringing the total electricals bill to a whooping $7.2K !! ! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::bangwall:

I've asked my IDs for a detailed breakdown for the heart attack inducing figure. :curse:

Anyway, so really no mood to post more pics this weekend lor. Super upset man. :(:~

7.2k = alot of moolah. better find out the details and see if ur id can absorb.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ID can absorb the electrical costings meh? Cuz I thought electrical is engaged separately and ID don't usu get involved even if he is the recommended by the ID themselves?

ID can absorb the electrical costings meh? Cuz I thought electrical is engaged separately and ID don't usu get involved even if he is the recommended by the ID themselves?

i think if by ID sure can la. coz ID already get a cut from them, then they just earn less ba.

Two things that make me really heartache about my reno this weekend... :(

1. The sliding windows in my bedroom, which means I can only ever open one side... :~

regret.jpg

2. A shocking VO for my electricals, bringing the total electricals bill to a whooping $7.2K !! ! :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::bangwall:

I've asked my IDs for a detailed breakdown for the heart attack inducing figure. :curse:

Anyway, so really no mood to post more pics this weekend lor. Super upset man. :(:~

oh unless you change the windows lo..otherwise no choice......

waaaaa electrical bills so ex ah??? you have many points??? mine around 4k also for house rewiring!!

Edited by joyousonline

waaaaa electrical bills so ex ah??? you have many points??? mine around 4k also for house rewiring!!

electrical can be a lot loh... if have SCV point, tel point, LAN point, plus tons of 3 pin power plugs in each area of the flat. my friend 4 room flat rewiring costs abt $5k leh.

electrical can be a lot loh... if have SCV point, tel point, LAN point, plus tons of 3 pin power plugs in each area of the flat. my friend 4 room flat rewiring costs abt $5k leh.

That's true if the lightings and electrical requirements are high!

Edited by joyousonline

Lego town!! Wah! Better lck your doors when u have kids over at your place next time lor! No lock =9/11 disaster!

Thanks for your timely reminder bro. Have asked my IDs for a lock. A little uglier cos it spoils the facade of the panels, but I told them I need the lock to protect my precious toys from pesky kids... I'll prob have to stop myself from whacking the kid/s if I see my precious vintage MISB sets opened lor... :rolleyes:

i think if by ID sure can la. coz ID already get a cut from them, then they just earn less ba.

I think my IDs are not getting a cut. We've asked them to nego with the contractor and reduce the price cos it's just shocking.

7.2k is nonsense..mine was 4.2k & downlight alone i got near 50.

i oso rewire my whole place...

Can you pls send me your electricals quote? If PM is too difficult, my address is: amodularlife@hotmail.com.

Thanks so much.

Compared to a 4 room flat, EMs have one extra room, a balcony and a stairs. I don't think $6.8K (lowered after assessment of all the points) is a fair price and I really feel over-charged. Has anyone heard of a $6.8K electrical bill for an exec HDB? Actually even $5K for a 4 room is quite excessive since Joyous managed to do hers for $4K...

Anyway, I'm super upset about the VO pricing. The initial contracted price was fairly reasonable. The VO price is just mind-boggling. Think about the price also :curse::curse::curse:

Haiz... :furious:

Edited by adidaem

Better to know now than when they have finished everything and present you the final bill with all works completed.

Hope you get the issue resolved to a more reasonable sum...

Well, this is an expensive reno lesson... before agreeing to any VO/changes to the reno, must get the quotation... :furious:

Hi all, Joyous PM-ed me her electrical quote and confirm that the VO pricing is way off the market. Just by comparing the common items like electrical points, my VO went down by $1K! That's like 1/3 of the VO cost lor! So u imagine lar, my per point charges are like on average 50% more than hers!

Can others with reasonable electrical quotes pls send me yours for reference? I'm using it to argue against the VO charges cos the VO charges are definitely not per market rate as they'd mentioned to us.

Haiz, am really so upset with the electrical pricing. :furious:

Frankly... other than the obvious ones at the stairs and the TV console area, I cannot see the rest at all... esp since it is white on white... What caused the grooves?

oh i think is a design..coz my house also have..we cant be bothered since it's at one wall near the stairs....

Frankly... other than the obvious ones at the stairs and the TV console area, I cannot see the rest at all... esp since it is white on white... What caused the grooves?

Oh, it's due to my bad photo taking and poor resolution lar. :P They are definitely there. Some more obvious than others.

I think the grooves are due to HDB using pre-fab panels/walls. That's what my IDs told us.