Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Today we went to our new place to do some cleaning up. Extremely tiring but feel happy. Finally it feels like our place - although our 2nd appt was much earlier this month, it's only now that I feel like a homeowner. :lol:

Thought to share some before pics. Here's the 1st:

entrance-view1.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No prob lar sis. Did you go shopping? I'll let you know if I come across anymore sales k? In the meantime think about whether you n hb prefer top-mount/under-mount sinks etc cos you need to know by the time you hit a good sales. Else very hard to buy the correct sink mixers in the excitement of looking at heavily discounted stuff. Learn from my mistake mah, we bought the Grohe stuff before knowing all these things. ;):P

hey hey, we're defo not going for any undermounts, have had alot of hassle with the silicon for our current overmount as it is and personally do not want to have to deal with bo liao things just cos someone else thinks it looks nicer that way.

We didnt go shopping, busy with the kids and housework in general sport-smiley-004.gif and also i've lost the shopping for reno/ home bug since i was so prematurely excited previously bangwall.gifi'm bidding my time (and $) for the appropriate time ie, after 2nd appt for current home and before 2nd appt for new home dribble.gif we have 1 month between them and we also have gotten most of the major items already. like you say, better shop with the id so we know what will work, the measurements, etc.

Today we went to our new place to do some cleaning up. Extremely tiring but feel happy. Finally it feels like our place - although our 2nd appt was much earlier this month, it's only now that I feel like a homeowner. :lol:

Thought to share some before pics. Here's the 1st:

entrance-view1.jpg

Congrats adidaem on getting your keys. Looking forward to your renovation.

Enjoy the process!

i donch know about the almanac thingie, ask mae? sorry to hear about your travelling, the hb is also going to be doing alot of that in these couple of mths and hopefully wont clash with our hdb appt dates.

In general, it is both good dates. But need to check if the day clashes with Self elements & zodiac animal.

hey hey, we're defo not going for any undermounts, have had alot of hassle with the silicon for our current overmount as it is and personally do not want to have to deal with bo liao things just cos someone else thinks it looks nicer that way.

We didnt go shopping, busy with the kids and housework in general sport-smiley-004.gif and also i've lost the shopping for reno/ home bug since i was so prematurely excited previously bangwall.gifi'm bidding my time (and $) for the appropriate time ie, after 2nd appt for current home and before 2nd appt for new home dribble.gif we have 1 month between them and we also have gotten most of the major items already. like you say, better shop with the id so we know what will work, the measurements, etc.

Errr... undermount no good? My IDs prefer the counter type but I'm not keen. If undermounts will leak tho, then better to go for the practical alternative... how? Am so confused. Sigh.

But yeah, go with ur ID lar. That's why we engage them mah, they are the experts. :good:

Congrats adidaem on getting your keys. Looking forward to your renovation.

Enjoy the process!

Thanks JS, I will try! Fingers crossed it's a smooth process.

In general, it is both good dates. But need to check if the day clashes with Self elements & zodiac animal.

Errr... Mae-jie, we hv no choice leh, the contractor give us the date one.

Some more "before" pics! I added some comments describing the changes that will happen since I don't have 3D pics. Must remember to ask my IDs for printscreens of their nice 3D virtual model. Wonder if we can get the 3D model to play with at home? Like playing computer game, very cool! Must ask my SO. :thumbs up:

dining-room-before.jpg

study-n-kitchen-view-before.jpg

kitchen-n-utility-area-before.jpg

living-room-before.jpg

balcony-before.jpg

I really love the photos and captions you have done up for your before photos!

With our current top mount, we experience the silicon disintegrating through normal wear and tear , so have to reapply silicon ourselves but at least that can be done easily. You won't be able to 'see' if the silicon for an undermount needs to be reapplied and it will be too late when your cupboard/ items under will be all wet and mouldy. You can read kobe's blog for his kitchen sink installation advice and can consider doing what mae's id - Donny did for her if aesthetics are a huge issue for you :)

Errr... undermount no good? My IDs prefer the counter type but I'm not keen. If undermounts will leak tho, then better to go for the practical alternative... how? Am so confused. Sigh.

But yeah, go with ur ID lar. That's why we engage them mah, they are the experts.

Adidaem, wish I had the patience, talent and creativity to do what you do! all the designs are in my head and I can't seem to put them into something visual for other people to see!!

With our current top mount, we experience the silicon disintegrating through normal wear and tear , so have to reapply silicon ourselves but at least that can be done easily. You won't be able to 'see' if the silicon for an undermount needs to be reapplied and it will be too late when your cupboard/ items under will be all wet and mouldy. You can read kobe's blog for his kitchen sink installation advice and can consider doing what mae's id - Donny did for her if aesthetics are a huge issue for you :)

Arghh... still undecided. Think I need to look at the Toto sinks again, but thanks for the advice.

Erm, dunno how to plow thru' Mae's blog to find the info. Can you rem where it is or roughly tell me what was done pls? :P

I really love the photos and captions you have done up for your before photos!

Adidaem, wish I had the patience, talent and creativity to do what you do! all the designs are in my head and I can't seem to put them into something visual for other people to see!!

Thanks ladies! :wub:

Nice to hear esp when my SO looked totally unimpressed when I showed him the pics. :(

Hey Patsy: It's really easy, I just use MS Powerpoint. Think it gets easier with practice. Don't think I've figured out all the functionality and tricks for Powerpoint yet, but I think it's enough to give an idea of the current condition and the changes that we want. Try and you may surprise yourself with how creative you are k? I think it'll be very satisfying when I compare the 'before' and 'after' pics. :sport-smiley-004:

I still have level 2 to work on. Will post more when the pics/captions are ready.

I still have level 2 to work on. Will post more when the pics/captions are ready.

Sis Adidaem, yes i agree with Sis Sleek, nice pics n caption, looking forward to your lvl 2 adventure :sport-smiley-004:

YAY!!!! can't wait to see the process!!!!

PS.. We've moved in over the last 3 days! (thus my disappearance.... pixs soon :) )

excited for ya now!!!

Sis Adidaem, yes i agree with Sis Sleek, nice pics n caption, looking forward to your lvl 2 adventure :sport-smiley-004:

YAY!!!! can't wait to see the process!!!!

PS.. We've moved in over the last 3 days! (thus my disappearance.... pixs soon :) )

excited for ya now!!!

Thanks for all the encouraging words! Glad you guys like the pics. I will post more soon.

Hi Kobe bro: Been following your progress on your T-blog too. Glad to see that your reno is going well. Have you found a good date to "mini move in" already?

Hi Frigginfuchsia: Congrats on your move-in! Seems like you had a fairly smooth reno? (No news is good news mah). Yes, you know what we want... Pics! Can I special request to see more pics of your dark toilet? Can't wait to see the final results! :dribble:

Am too tired to complete the rest of the 'before' pics today, so the 2nd BR and toilets will follow another day.

Here are the stairs/corridor one and MBR for now. Hope you like it too. :)

stairs-n-2nd-floor-corridor-before.jpg

master-bedroom-before.jpg

Wonderful MS ppt pictures!!! Just too small for me to read on my iPhone. Hehe....

I know it's quite a lot neighbors. Mine was a lot too... Just ring the bell and says hi. I am sure u can do it. :)

Really nice pics and captions, Duchess Adi :) Such an informative and visual treat!

Congrats on getting your keys! *poms poms*

A word of advice though - don't stress yourself too much. I can see you're putting in lots of effort into building your home, and rightfully so, but I sense that you're obsessing a little too much. Relax k? :) With that amount of planning and research (I probably did only 1/8 of your efforts), it's going to be fabulous!! Just follow your gut, don't get too swayed by the ID (I still regret listening to the ID to lay the mosaic in strips round the bathroom - hate it!), stick to EVERYTHING you love, love, love, and don't give a rat's *** what others think.

It's going to be gorgeous, I know it! When you come over, we can flip through pages of big white gowns and decide if we're summer brides or spring brides or whatever, I'm probably a not-very-bridey bride. ><

- Ely