Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

Hi Adidaem! :)

Good to finally drop by and I love your mood boards! Saw the Grafunkt Line TV console on your living room mood board, did you get that? I really like the Air Division Telegraph TV console though...

Anyway, I just had my wedding last month, so if you (or Ely1 as well) need any help with the wedding preps, feel free to ask! Don't stress! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The reno was rather smooth, thinking my lucky stars for a good ID and great construction team, will write abt them soon. Moving in was painful, had used movers but still moved some 20 boxes on our own. Did not help that we were sick and the cat was stressed. But all's good now, just need to clean up more and unpack. I'll take the toilet pixs for ya soon, I just need to get by work for today and tmr.

Happy renovating!!!

Thanks for all the encouraging words! Glad you guys like the pics. I will post more soon.

Hi Kobe bro: Been following your progress on your T-blog too. Glad to see that your reno is going well. Have you found a good date to "mini move in" already?

Hi Frigginfuchsia: Congrats on your move-in! Seems like you had a fairly smooth reno? (No news is good news mah). Yes, you know what we want... Pics! Can I special request to see more pics of your dark toilet? Can't wait to see the final results! :dribble:

Wah u knocking away the wall for one of the rooms? Making a window there?

Thumbs up for all your effort in the before pics!

master-bedroom-before.jpg

I think the herring bone parquet is fantastic! My old place had these herring bone flooring and my biggest regret was removing them. Trust me, it's going to look great once it has been sanded down and 'mattified'. Not easy to come by these kind of flooring these days... Check out some of the B&B Italia shots and you'll see what I mean.

+1 on your before pics.

Wonderful MS ppt pictures!!! Just too small for me to read on my iPhone. Hehe....

I know it's quite a lot neighbors. Mine was a lot too... Just ring the bell and says hi. I am sure u can do it. :)

Still thinking... errrr... :unsure:

The pics/captions should be ok to read if u rotate your iPhone horizontally? If not pop by my Wordpress blog to see the pics k? Think the (same) pics there u can pinch n zoom on iPhone: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com

Really nice pics and captions, Duchess Adi :) Such an informative and visual treat!

Congrats on getting your keys! *poms poms*

A word of advice though - don't stress yourself too much. I can see you're putting in lots of effort into building your home, and rightfully so, but I sense that you're obsessing a little too much. Relax k? :) With that amount of planning and research (I probably did only 1/8 of your efforts), it's going to be fabulous!! Just follow your gut, don't get too swayed by the ID (I still regret listening to the ID to lay the mosaic in strips round the bathroom - hate it!), stick to EVERYTHING you love, love, love, and don't give a rat's *** what others think.

It's going to be gorgeous, I know it! When you come over, we can flip through pages of big white gowns and decide if we're summer brides or spring brides or whatever, I'm probably a not-very-bridey bride. ><

- Ely

Thanks babe. Not really obsessing, it's just in me to do tonnes of research for whatever I do. Part of my personality DNA n hard to change. :P

Actually so far my IDs give us pretty good suggestions lar. They will explain to us 'why not/cannot' if they really disagree. But they are quite receptive to our ideas too. Happy working relationship so far. :)

Can I go over to your place when my SO is not around? Sigh, he is going away for a few weeks on biz trip soon. Gonna miss him. Imagine me singing the Bridget Jones song (allllll byyy myselfffff...). Just kidding lar. So we are trying to finalise everything before he goes off (plus I'll prob be travelling soon too).

Hey I'm the vietnamese bride remember? Even less "bridey". Not even going to book a reception for my ROM I think (am I supposed to?). "Win" or what?

Hi Adidaem! :)

Good to finally drop by and I love your mood boards! Saw the Grafunkt Line TV console on your living room mood board, did you get that? I really like the Air Division Telegraph TV console though...

Anyway, I just had my wedding last month, so if you (or Ely1 as well) need any help with the wedding preps, feel free to ask! Don't stress! :)

Hi SR! Yay, thanks for dropping by. :good:

My ID will design a TV console like the line one, but hanging instead of on the floor. Need one catered to the tonnes of electronics that we have (3 game consoles, starhub box, router, dvico, etc).

Thanks for the kind offer. Since I don't really plan to post many interim pics during the reno process (hacked tiles dun make for very interesting captions IMO), mabbe this can be my wedding discussion blog too? ;)

The reno was rather smooth, thinking my lucky stars for a good ID and great construction team, will write abt them soon. Moving in was painful, had used movers but still moved some 20 boxes on our own. Did not help that we were sick and the cat was stressed. But all's good now, just need to clean up more and unpack. I'll take the toilet pixs for ya soon, I just need to get by work for today and tmr.

Happy renovating!!!

Looking forward to the pics! Take care of your health. Love the mix n match of modern (Kartell) n mid-modern pieces (TV console) I see from your sneak peek so far. :)

Wah u knocking away the wall for one of the rooms? Making a window there?

Thumbs up for all your effort in the before pics!

Thanks Soichiro. Actually quite fun to do the 'before' pics. Helps me to visualise the changes too.

Nope the entire wall including the door will go (if HDB approves). We will put in full length sliding partitions to open up the space if we want to, or close it up to be a room when we need one. :wub:

It's really a big open space for my LEGO collection. Am so lucky that my SO is so supportive of my (geeky) hobby that I even get a room for it. :wub::wub::wub:

He did mention tho that we could have used the LEGO room as a WIW... Not sure how many feet that would be. Probably big enough for a fantasy WIW with middle display counter for jewellery etc. Oh well...

I think the herring bone parquet is fantastic! My old place had these herring bone flooring and my biggest regret was removing them. Trust me, it's going to look great once it has been sanded down and 'mattified'. Not easy to come by these kind of flooring these days... Check out some of the B&B Italia shots and you'll see what I mean.

+1 on your before pics.

Thanks JS. I will check out the B&B Italia shots tonite. Yeah my IDs keep assuring me it'll look fine. I must have mentioned that I really hate the floor almost everytime I met them the 1st few design/planning sessions that we had. :rolleyes:

"+1"? Any prices for high scores? :lol:

adidaem - Is the Cold Storage Brabrantia offer still on? I hardly shop there, but wouldn't mind getting some items just for the offer.

Unfortunately the offer seems to be over. Been to a few Cold Storage and no longer spot the bins/offer. :(

Yes its over..on 20 something june..

My regret not purchasing the bread bin cover when i got the chance, i purchased 2 big dustbin, can opener, cock screw everything except the bread bin which i needed most.. :(

Yes its over..on 20 something june..

My regret not purchasing the bread bin cover when i got the chance, i purchased 2 big dustbin, can opener, cock screw everything except the bread bin which i needed most.. :(

:( cuz no more Cold Storage Brabrantia deal...

Hey cheer up! Let's all keep a lookout for better deals k? There are always sales in Singapore and that's what makes shopping fun. Besides, I think it's the 'thrill of the chase' rather than the 'kill' that makes shopping fun for me. :D

Almost done! Here's 2BR & toilets. Not 100% sure if I want to do up the miscellaneous bits n blobs but perhaps I should just to 'finish up' this pre-reno series. Plus you guys seem to enjoy the pics. :)

For those on iPhone, do click to see the pics via my WP blog: Wordpress blog

2nd-bedroom-before.jpg

toilets-before.jpg

Hi Adidaem,

here are the pixs of our toilet as per yr requests... not very good pics la... am waiting for the husband to take proper pixs....

Oh thanks! :wub:

Heading over to your blog to tell you how much I like your toilet now. :)

And your photo skills are perfectly fine. Dun make the rest of us look so bad k?

Cool! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the bottom kitchen. But the hacking of the bedroom wall really got me to sit up. Are you going to put glass there? It would be so cool and modern. Kudos to the idea - I love seeing brave designs and even braver owners making it a reality.

Keep us updated yeah :)

Cool! I can't wait to see what you have in store for the bottom kitchen. But the hacking of the bedroom wall really got me to sit up. Are you going to put glass there? It would be so cool and modern. Kudos to the idea - I love seeing brave designs and even braver owners making it a reality.

Keep us updated yeah :)

Thanks Hafiizh. We are keeping to the 'bright & airy' theme. Not the most creative idea but my IDs have managed to stay true to our initial brief to them and designed a place that we both think we'll love. Now it all depends on the construction phase. I would say kudos to our IDs for their design and ideas. I still have the first initial (so cute!) drawing that they did for us. :wub: