Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adidaem

A Bright & Airy Executive Maisonette

My reno is supposed to start on 1 Jul with protection & 4 Jul for hacking...

Just checked the almanac and found some red wordings for:

1 Jul: 修造 动土

4 Jul: 拆卸 修造

That's good right?

Need some good news after some bad news at work... I need to travel for 2 weeks in Jul, and another 2 weeks in Aug. Sianz. :furious:

On the bright side, locations are not too bad - Hong Kong n Thailand.

But it's smack in the middle of my reno, and I gotta move house (and pack!) too.

Plus super busy at work. :bleah:

i donch know about the almanac thingie, ask mae? sorry to hear about your travelling, the hb is also going to be doing alot of that in these couple of mths and hopefully wont clash with our hdb appt dates.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have to travel during reno? that would be quite stressful but i am sure your SO will take care of the reno.

And about getting too old for marriage? you are younger than me leh... i think everyone here are married except for myself! doesn't matter how old you get married, as long as you found someone that loves you and you love him. seem like you been dating for 11 years so the relationship already well secured.

Dont think so much but just enjoy the whole process.... you are already making me so envious!! hahahaha.....

i donch know about the almanac thingie, ask mae? sorry to hear about your travelling, the hb is also going to be doing alot of that in these couple of mths and hopefully wont clash with our hdb appt dates.

Have to travel during reno? that would be quite stressful but i am sure your SO will take care of the reno.

Yes he would, but I would really like to be around at that time tho. :(

Plus more stressful for him also.

And about getting too old for marriage? you are younger than me leh... i think everyone here are married except for myself! doesn't matter how old you get married, as long as you found someone that loves you and you love him. seem like you been dating for 11 years so the relationship already well secured.

Dont think so much but just enjoy the whole process.... you are already making me so envious!! hahahaha.....

Gah, getting so sick of waiting for the reno to start.

But think gotta start packing soon since I'll be travelling so often. Anyone got good (& reasonably priced) movers to recommend? Mabbe can PM me if you not comfortable posting the contact? TIA! :thumbs up:

Today was a sorta lazier Sunday than usual. We brought my sis n her family sofa n chair shopping. After that came back and I was bored so I tidied up and added some more links to my wordpress blog.

In case anyone needs some ideas from foreign blogs or info on local furniture & furnishing stores, do pop by my wordpress blog (link in my signature below) for links to those sites. I've also compiled a list of 20 stores for mid-modern furniture and furnishings... am thinking to do one more list for the stores that I like from my furniture shopping expeditions...

Still to buy/confirm:

1. WC

2. Sinks (bathrooms n kitchen)

3. Heaters

4. Fans (still can't find a nice simple black one for my balcony!) :furious:

5. Lights (can't find nice ones that both IDs n us like for the stairs n balcony)

6. Small safe

Edited by adidaem

Since u're getting lights... for wall lights, I'd suggest to get one that does not have a base, like a hollow cylinder.

Reason? Wall lights are usually high and not too accessible. Let it be hollow and bugs won't go there for their burial. :P

Since u're getting lights... for wall lights, I'd suggest to get one that does not have a base, like a hollow cylinder.

Reason? Wall lights are usually high and not too accessible. Let it be hollow and bugs won't go there for their burial. :P

Thanks! That's kinda what the IDs have in mind... just a simple tube sorta light that shines both upwards and downwards. Never mentioned the bug factor but when you explain it like this it totally makes sense. :)

My SO also wants one that is easy for him to change the lights. That I don't really bother cos... hehe, I just ask him if he can change the lights lor... :rolleyes:

Hi adidaem,

May I humbly suggest you check out Tampoi Lighting Centre in JB for your fan and lighting needs. I think they sell heaters too.

Here's their Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tampoi-Lighting-Centre-SDN-BHD/186239431393117

Their address is: No.2,4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai), 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I've checked out their showroom which is 2 storeys high and super big. They have a huge selection of ceiling fans - I saw about 20+ ceiling fans, a lot which are not available in Singapore.

Lights-wise I think the selection is better than any Balestier or Jalan Besar shop I've seen. Much cheaper too.

The only problem might be getting a Singapore warranty and approval for use (especially the fans), but I think very worth checking out nontheless.

Hope this helps! :sport-smiley-018:

Yes he would, but I would really like to be around at that time tho. :(

Plus more stressful for him also.

Gah, getting so sick of waiting for the reno to start.

But think gotta start packing soon since I'll be travelling so often. Anyone got good (& reasonably priced) movers to recommend? Mabbe can PM me if you not comfortable posting the contact? TIA! thumbsup.gif

Today was a sorta lazier Sunday than usual. We brought my sis n her family sofa n chair shopping. After that came back and I was bored so I tidied up and added some more links to my wordpress blog.

In case anyone needs some ideas from foreign blogs or info on local furniture & furnishing stores, do pop by my wordpress blog (link in my signature below) for links to those sites. I've also compiled a list of 20 stores for mid-modern furniture and furnishings... am thinking to do one more list for the stores that I like from my furniture shopping expeditions...

Still to buy/confirm:

1. WC

2. Sinks (bathrooms n kitchen)

3. Heaters

4. Fans (still can't find a nice simple black one for my balcony!) :furious:

5. Lights (can't find nice ones that both IDs n us like for the stairs n balcony)

6. Small safe

Thanks for sharing Timothy! I will ask my SO if he wants to go. I've to confess I'm a bit scared of going into Malaysia cos the last time I was there I was traumatised by my colleague's snatch theft. She was just next to me when it happened to her! :o

I would also like to share this weekend find. Really really like this place - great selection of furniture, good quality and excellent design... designer pricing tho. But all fairly unique stuff... think cos they are very new to Singapore.

Danish Design Co.

http://danishdesignco.com/

Century Warehouse #08-01

100E Pasir Panjang Road

Singapore 118521

Telephone: +65 6270 8483

Mobile: +65 8101 2211

The showroom is located in the same building as Lorgan's.

I love their...

- Aki chair: http://danishdesignco.com/aki-chair-alfredo-haberli/1816

- Gallery stool: http://danishdesignco.com/gallery-hans-s-jakobsen/1800

And their inspiration page: http://danishdesignco.com/inspirations

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi adidaem,

May I humbly suggest you check out Tampoi Lighting Centre in JB for your fan and lighting needs. I think they sell heaters too.

Here's their Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tampoi-Lighting-Centre-SDN-BHD/186239431393117

Their address is: No.2,4 & 6, Jalan Titiwangsa 3/1, Taman Tampoi Indah (Batu 6 1/2, Jalan Skudai), 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

I've checked out their showroom which is 2 storeys high and super big. They have a huge selection of ceiling fans - I saw about 20+ ceiling fans, a lot which are not available in Singapore.

Lights-wise I think the selection is better than any Balestier or Jalan Besar shop I've seen. Much cheaper too.

The only problem might be getting a Singapore warranty and approval for use (especially the fans), but I think very worth checking out nontheless.

Hope this helps! :sport-smiley-018:

hey adi, great compilation of vintage/junk shops!!! been to david's, junkies corner and the one in craig road..... really need to root for stuff but if you're patient (and lucky) you can find really good stuff!

the expat auction is good too, as is the classified section of the expat forum

Hi adidaem, great compilation of shops in your sig. Definitely hitting them this weekend. I totally understand what you mean by having to travel in the midst of reno.

Look on the bright side, you can shop for hard to get stuff when you're overseas. Just remember to bring a large foldable bag!

hey adi, great compilation of vintage/junk shops!!! been to david's, junkies corner and the one in craig road..... really need to root for stuff but if you're patient (and lucky) you can find really good stuff!

the expat auction is good too, as is the classified section of the expat forum

Hi adidaem, great compilation of shops in your sig. Definitely hitting them this weekend. I totally understand what you mean by having to travel in the midst of reno.

Look on the bright side, you can shop for hard to get stuff when you're overseas. Just remember to bring a large foldable bag!

Thanks! Glad you guys like them. Got quite a number off the RT blogs and thought to put them together in one place for easy reference for all mid-modern/vintage lovers. :)

Unfortunately I'll prob be quite busy on those work assignments but will definitely try to hit some stores when I'm travelling. Negotiating to postpone one trip till after my ROM tho. Anyone knows/can recommend some nice furnishing stores in Hong Kong or Indonesia? :yamseng:

Just an update - I will finally get my keys this Fri! Yay! Am taking 1/2 day to meet my IDs, the main contractor and my aircon contractor at my place and I'll (finally!) take some pics to show before the demolition starts.

Also will need to get some pineapple n radish to 安门. Do we try roll the pineapple over the doorway like a bowling ball or more gently? The thought of trying to 'bowl' with the pineapple makes me laugh. :D Was checking with my colleague to make sure I get the right kind of veg. 1st time ever buying a radish! :P

Anyone needs some Brabantia?

The 10L bin has soft close function! Happy with my loots. :sport-smiley-004:

photo.jpg

got one too! now have 2 rectangular one ... :dancingqueen:

congrats ADI, you must be so happy to finally get your keys!!! :sport-smiley-004: btw if you want to go back to see toto, maybe we can go together okay? i havent bothered going yet since mine is still quite far off, so dont even know why everyone so in love with them, lol

got one too! now have 2 rectangular one ... :dancingqueen:

Oh good buy! They seem to be sold out everywhere. :good:

congrats ADI, you must be so happy to finally get your keys!!! :sport-smiley-004: btw if you want to go back to see toto, maybe we can go together okay? i havent bothered going yet since mine is still quite far off, so dont even know why everyone so in love with them, lol

Yes! So happy to finally get the keys, but...

... actually am super upset with my seller. :curse:

The 'gentlemen' agreement we had with them was for them to get an extension in case they need to reno, etc. In the end, they didn't even reno their new place and had the cheek to take 3 weeks to move despite knowing that SO n I had a cast-in-stone deadline to move out of our current place AND need to do a major reno. Think my SO don't dare to let me meet the seller. I will surely blow my top and give the seller a piece of my mind if I see that he did not move everything out of the place (e.e. bulky stuff like bedframe n tables that they are abandoning). :furious:

As for Toto, my IDs are going with us to buy... is that normal? Cos I'm going to tell them I want 25% discount like Kobelala bro and ask them to get the discount for us. :P Think my IDs are afraid we'll get the wrong design or another brand cos they are using actual Toto model dimensions for the CAD/designs they prepared. My IDs love Toto. Told us several times. But they are from Japan so I totally understand why they love Toto. ;)

And... I can do one better than go with u to the showroom. You can visit my place when it's ready lar. We are 95% confirmed to use Toto sinks and WC for all 3 toilets (since my IDs love Toto so much). So you can test the functionality and what not when you visit. :yamseng: