Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
frigginfuchsia

Stepping Back In Time

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi everyone,

It's been a tiring 2 weeks due to work, being sick and most of all PACKING for the move that happened 3 days ago!!!!!! FINALLY!

Our home is only 75% complete with touch ups to be done, mre shelves & lights to be installed. I"ll proberly be able to capture more proper pixs at the end of this weekend when it looks less like a storage hub.

for now, I'll leave you all with a mini preview of the crazy raw wall we did. We had actually planned to have a brick wall... but decided to risk something a little erm.... more raw...

nitenite for now

Congrats on moving in! Totally understand the storage hub analogy. Love the Danish console.

Looks like most people get the AV stuff up and running first ;)

I think maybe we (the Scandi, MMC and similar taste kind of people) should all meet up. I'm pretty sure we have common friends.

For all you know I might actually know you guys. FYI I was in ACS (I) and ACJC, then NUS - 1980's batch.

Any of your husbands / brother / friends in the same batch or schools? :)

PM me your facebook emails if you're on facebook too! :sport-smiley-004:

Coming along really nicely!! LURVE your mood boards, and I think, several of us, like you and Timothy, and the Scandi-lovers all know each other by some less-than-6 degrees separation :P You mentioned McCann's Microsoft account in Beijing, so you definitely know my older brother (he's a suit), and Tim is with HP (so was my brother), and I handled their PR.

I love the nipple switches! Can't wait to see what else you have in store - Scandi is really catching up with the Singaporean Gen X couples I think (finally), it's a beautiful style, and probably something I would explore with our next place too.

Looking forward to your updates!

- Ely

I think maybe we (the Scandi, MMC and similar taste kind of people) should all meet up. I'm pretty sure we have common friends.

For all you know I might actually know you guys. FYI I was in ACS (I) and ACJC, then NUS - 1980's batch.

Any of your husbands / brother / friends in the same batch or schools? :)

PM me your facebook emails if you're on facebook too! :sport-smiley-004:

Rottenramone was in ACS and in ACJC (for the 1st 3 months) as well. Are you that old? 1980s batch in ACS, ACJC or NUS? I think cuz of your nick, I keep thinking you're only 27. LOL.

I am from the sister school. If you had seen me, no one would have guessed. :P

I add you on FB using your email?

Edited by strikingreality

I was a convent gal, husband wasn't from here though a Singaporean now. But I believe with the common interest like guitars etc... our paths have proberly crossed before :)

strikingreality > Thanks... we had to rush the move in due to our expiring lease and auspicious date. (kudos to our ID on pushing everything for us) My fav. area for now is the dining and Kitchen area. We'll try to take some pixs soon as we've been up to our necks with the move and wrk. The kitchen is still a little incomplete as there was a slight design change. Also the cooker was only installed today. Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be all done up!

Rottenramone was in ACS and in ACJC (for the 1st 3 months) as well. Are you that old? 1980s batch in ACS, ACJC or NUS? I think cuz of your nick, I keep thinking you're only 27. LOL.

I am from the sister school. If you had seen me, no one would have guessed. :P

I add you on FB using your email?

Love love love your toilet! The tiles, the DIY holders, mmm... n the matching sink & (Ikea?) mirror. Hope my black toilet will look nice too. Is the light enough at night or do you have other lights? Can't tell from the pic.

Only thing that concerns me is the tiling... erm... cos that means grout... and plus water/wet means mold? Umm, it's just my 'grout' thing acting up again. Bad gal. 8|8|8|

Only thing that concerns me is the tiling... erm... cos that means grout... and plus water/wet means mold? Umm, it's just my 'grout' thing acting up again. Bad gal. 8|8|8|

I am anal about grouting too! I keep telling hubby that we cannot have small mosiac tiles all over cuz there's gonna be lots of grouting and v hard to clean/maintain!

But I relented on the subway tiles....

Wow love how your place is coming together! I think people into the Scandinavian look can definitely use your tblog as a resource. I love your toilets - my wife is not too keen on dark colours even though examples like yours show ephod they can work.

Keep the updates coming!

Love the feature wall, its wonderfully ballsy and quaint.

Is that an oil drum we see with a lamp on it? Really nice! :thumbs up:

Side note,

We are using the same textured horizontally lined wall tiles, yours on the MBR toilet walls and ours on our kitchen walls. Its dang nice la. Especially when there's light on it.

Edited by mabaricows

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The DIY holders really look awesome, and that feature wall reminds me of Katia M-something's (former Miss Greece) all white apartment with a quirky world map in the bathroom because of all the travelling she's doing. I wanted something similar, but of both our thumbprints interlocking in the shape of a heart for future baby room but scrapped it because it was too expensive. :( Now, you're simply missing the Illuminated Moon, which shows all phases of the moon!

942542BF.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Love your place, FF! <3

@ Strikingreality: You're right about the grout, half my time spent in the shower is using my fingernails to clean the f*cking grout! Hate. Gawd.

@ Tim: Was schooled abroad, as is The Husband, but the WPP group is pretty tight :) I keep a VERY low profile though ;)

- Ely

Adidaem > thanks :) as for the grout areas, those with dark tiles have dark grout... I think u'll faint when u see pixs of our kitchen.. it's alllllllllll a whhhhhhhooole mother load of white tiles with white grout! I've seen a grout 'pen' at the DIY shops before, am thinking of getting it for keeping the white grout clean.

As for the light in the bathroom, it's currently lit by a single 40w/60w energy saving bulb and it's more than enough, my husband was worried abt the lack of light initially too but its not a concern at all (or maybe becoz I've a tiny loo)

strikingreality > at my last place, I used cif and a toothbrush to keep it white... worked well

hafiizh> Hi! thanks for dropping by, I think yr blog was the 1st one i read!!!! lovely home!!

For the design and details of our place, we were fortunate to have very similar if not complimentry likes : I am the scandi. vintage lover which he's grown to like and appreciate, he is the industrial style lover which i do like too.

mabaricows> the red drum thingy is a Kartell componibili, hehehe.. never realised that it does look like a oil drum :)

ahhh.. u are using that tile in yr kitchen? cool!.. but... do u cook a lot? i find it a little porous for the kitchen making it a little hard to clean after cooking....of course that can be solved with a bigger back splash :sport-smiley-018:

Ely> lol think u, that's the husband at work....very cute thumbprint idea both of u had! hope u'll both get it done one day!

Edited by frigginfuchsia

mabaricows> the red drum thingy is a Kartell componibili, hehehe.. never realised that it does look like a oil drum :)

ahhh.. u are using that tile in yr kitchen? cool!.. but... do u cook a lot? i find it a little porous for the kitchen making it a little hard to clean after cooking....of course that can be solved with a bigger back splash :sport-smiley-018:

Just googled Kartell componibili.. Haha.. Pardon my mountain tortoise-ness :D

But look at this..

canstock4269150.jpg

Similar right? Industrial theme mah.. Haha.. I used to work with these quite some, so it came to mind.. hehe..

About our kitchen, nope, we won't be cooking much, actually we have green stone wall tiles above the backsplash. Its everywhere else that we're using this textured tile, it does seem really porous. Did some minor cleaning and scrubbing and a lot of water was absorbed into it..

Edited by mabaricows