Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
regi_meimei

Recommendation Of Fsm

Hello everyone,

Thru the course of my research and studies of Chinese Metaphysics, this is my insider take and 2 cents worth from my network of FSM - for you to consider before hiring a FSM:

1. Famous/ aggressive marketing has NO relation to skill. It simply reflects marketing skills and depth of marketing budget.

2. Fees has nothing to do with skill but what the FSM think he/she deserves.

One thing for sure, the skillful younger generation of FSM who have high academic qualifications but choose to practise will demand for higher fees but in turn you get a professional approach.

The proficient and competent FSM do not reduce their fees and entertain bargain. They treat themselves like any other professional such as doctors. Practising Chinese Metaphysics IS their career. They demand respect and be rewarded for a professional audit. Such type of FSM typically charge +/- 1000sgd for a 3 bedroom apartment.

On other hand, I know of FSM who charge for half the price and are very good. These are minority. While most of those allow bargaining etc are not worth yr time & money.....

3. Age is not correlated to skill. Though, yes, older FSM should have many years of experiences. HOWEVER, if it is many years of practising on 'white belt', then no need to consider their age. This, applies to a few famous names in their middle age in Spore. By same token, a young FSM may be a 'black belt'

4. Fengshui is less of an art than it is more of a science. It is entirely to astronomy and our universal. It is not a religion. Dun be fool by 'Zen' talk.

5. If a FSM cannot read and write Chinese with high level of proficiency, dun hire him/her. To date, no one has translated the essential classics text to English. All of these texts required high proficiency in Chinese to understand in their context.

6. Check a FSM's claim of their credentials.

Lineage is almost a thing of the past. Sorry to say, even if pass down through generations, it is not necessary the right knowledge or skills. I met many ppl who claim relation by master-disciple or family heritage and yet cannot discern the real meaning of Xian Tian & Hou Tian Gua and 5 elements from the layperson interpretations. (i dun mean just list the gua attributes and Water,Wood, Fire,Metal and Earth = H2O, Plant, Windchimes etc etc. :bangwall: )

How does a layperson tell? The FSM should do well financially and reputation wise. Why hire a loser?

Also, many FSM are NOT proficient in Fengshui but maybe other streams in Chinese Metaphysics such as BaZi, ZeRi, Mian Xiang etc. To be very good in each stream takes at least some years of learning from teachers, researching and practising. E.g. a famous FSM in Geyland is actually good in name selection but really 'white-belt' in Fengshui.

6. How effective is Fengshui? It can change lives if the subjects are not living in houses which maximise their lives. It can help to cure illness (but first thing first - seek professionals i.e. Doctors). A good Fengshui house will at least balance your Qi and gives you opportunities. In another word, it is a booster and will does its job according to the scope/capacity of each individual's BaZi.

(It is not a miracle. i.e. dun expect Fengshui to help you win lottery...)

7. How long will Fengshui take effect? Within days and weeks.

8. A professional FSM is selling a professional service. He/she NEED NOT rely on selling crystal, windchime and ornaments to supplement their income. For those 'high-hand' FSM, to them, it is very lowly to sell these ineffective flea market items.

9. The best time to consult a FSM is BEFORE buying a property. A full service has to incl selection of property, layout recommendations, renovation start date and move-in date. These 2 dates are sufficient from pure Fengshui angle cos they are really about moving the Qi.

Dates like Open Door is really a 'modern' thingy. An Shen is of cos a religious requirement and An Chuan is not necessary cos by token on day of moving the Qi is moved. An Chuan date selection is only necessary when you already moved in an are changing beds, then date selection is relevant. Assuming the move-in date has good Qi, An Chua during that day is good enuf. There is NO special ritual in real Fengshui for these activities.

As mentioned - Fenghui is not a religion.

Think about it - how much is Fengshui worth to you? Are you using Fengshui to sooth your current woes / insecurities- pyschologically ? OR are you looking for Fengshui to boost your lives effectively without all the crap? If it is the former, ANY sum you pay is too much. Sort counselling or religion better and cheaper...

The best Fengshui are practised with zero trace.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

hi there,

i read your opinion on how feng shui is not a religion etc and i completely agree with you.

can you recommend me a good master as i am new to this field and will start my reno for my new home soon.

thanks very much

pepa_pepper@hotmail.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

3. Age is not correlated to skill. Though, yes, older FSM should have many years of experiences. HOWEVER, if it is many years of practising on 'white belt', then no need to consider their age. This, applies to a few famous names in their middle age in Spore. By same token, a young FSM may be a 'black belt'

Hi

Just have this part that I disagree. A young person even have "black" belt doesn't have the experience to be a master. They lack the growing up stage that they need to understand life and difficulties. I was a 'client' of 2 such young handsome chaps. One used 'raving' testimonials to arttract me, while the other whose shop at 2nd level fu lo shou cost me $900++ and in the end both made a mess in my house. The second one the worse, cause my health to deteriorate, kept getting sick, giddy etc after he audited my house.

So don't be fooled by handsome young guys.

Hi

Just have this part that I disagree. A young person even have "black" belt doesn't have the experience to be a master. They lack the growing up stage that they need to understand life and difficulties. I was a 'client' of 2 such young handsome chaps. One used 'raving' testimonials to arttract me, while the other whose shop at 2nd level fu lo shou cost me $900++ and in the end both made a mess in my house. The second one the worse, cause my health to deteriorate, kept getting sick, giddy etc after he audited my house.

So don't be fooled by handsome young guys.

yes, incompetent FSMs can completely ruin one's life. i have experienced this. they should be blacklisted!!

yes, incompetent FSMs can completely ruin one's life. i have experienced this. they should be blacklisted!!

Just a thought. Will this thread be removed by the moderators if the forumers here list out all the

"bad egg" FSMs they've encountered?

It will be good reference for us as to who to avoid.

Just a thought. Will this thread be removed by the moderators if the forumers here list out all the

"bad egg" FSMs they've encountered?

It will be good reference for us as to who to avoid.

haha don't think we are allowed to list those black sheep here. at most, can only share bad experiences without revealing who.

haha don't think we are allowed to list those black sheep here. at most, can only share bad experiences without revealing who.

I'm also interested to know, maybe can give a hint?

Hi MaCE,

Can pm me more more details abt this master pls ..??

name, address, contat number, charges etc..

One question>> is it true that i need to get a FSM that will come to my hse b4 & AFter renovation todouble check on the fengshui??

i read that some only visited 1 time, then no more liao...Can everything be settled within 1 visit???

thks a million

Edited by limck007

hi there,

i read your opinion on how feng shui is not a religion etc and i completely agree with you.

can you recommend me a good master as i am new to this field and will start my reno for my new home soon.

thanks very much

pepa_pepper@hotmail.com

hi Pepa and others who tried to explode my private message box :-)

I read with interest recently about Vin Leo partnering up with Zoe Foo, an expert in in BaZi. http://firstprinciplesinc.com Their website is very interesting as they provide 3 reviews after audits. Also, they seem to be the only FSM in Singapore and possibly in English medium who would be prepared to offer commercial businesses money-back-guarantee. Very smart site despite being under construction.

Go and read their blogs: http://vinfengshui.blogspot.com and http://www.zoefoo.com Rarely will you see such standard in Singapore FSM scene. I am a fan of Zoe's Bazi reading style. She is better than most pro in Bazi and well read in Chinese metaphysic. Both of them are held in high regards by the world-wide English FSM community for abilities. Reading their Chinese posts I am really proud of them as Singaporean. This should be the way Feng Shui is practiced. Professional and specific.

http://www.xuanyi-geomancy.com I dunno this FSM but he seems promising. Though I am not sure when someone is not specific enough when he says he is doing specific Feng Shui. If he is good, it is a real pity becos his site is not be clear! I reserve benefit of doubt d check him out and let rest of us know.

Good luck!

Gui

Edited by Gui

hi Pepa and others who tried to explode my private message box :-)

I read with interest recently about Vin Leo partnering up with Zoe Foo, an expert in in BaZi. http://firstprinciplesinc.com Their website is very interesting as they provide 3 reviews after audits. Also, they seem to be the only FSM in Singapore and possibly in English medium who would be prepared to offer commercial businesses money-back-guarantee. Very smart site despite being under construction.

Go and read their blogs: http://vinfengshui.blogspot.com and http://www.zoefoo.com Rarely will you see such standard in Singapore FSM scene. I am a fan of Zoe's Bazi reading style. She is better than most pro in Bazi and well read in Chinese metaphysic. Both of them are held in high regards by the world-wide English FSM community for abilities. Reading their Chinese posts I am really proud of them as Singaporean. This should be the way Feng Shui is practiced. Professional and specific.

http://www.xuanyi-geomancy.com I dunno this FSM but he seems promising. Though I am not sure when someone is not specific enough when he says he is doing specific Feng Shui. If he is good, it is a real pity becos his site is not be clear! I reserve benefit of doubt d check him out and let rest of us know.

Good luck!

Gui

Hi Gui,

I've tried to no avail to extract much info fm http://firstprinciplesinc.com. Seem like vin leo and zoe foo r concentrating more on coporate business. Will drop them a mail to c whether they r still into apartment auditing. thanks.

FD

Hi, i'm looking for a fsm for my resale flat and heard that fsm Lee Yuhon is quite good. Anyone tried before and care to share?

Don't know about his fengshui, but I did try his free divination.

He was way off for me and some other users; so he stopped giving free divinations since May 09.

If you try his FS audit, can you feedback here?

Hi twolambs,

Pls PM me contact and charges for Master Zhang. Thanks

Hi tetong,

Any reply from twolambs abt your request.? I'll be gettong my keys end of July and if two lambs replied you

earlier, dont mind telling me whether Master Zhang's contact no starts with 8 or 9?

I now have 2 Master Zhang No and really dont know which one twolambs referring to? Thanks a lot