Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DKWM

Tv Selection

Haha I am no businessman lah :lol: If price or package is attractive enough comparing to what is offered from now till PC show, u might want to just place a normal order, eg, current LG 42LW5700 is going for $1349 if I did not remember wrongly. Package comes with wifi dongle, 4 pairs of glasses, magic motion remote ctrl (dun really know how different is this remote, yet to find out). If during the PC show, they can give the same bundle together with a 3d blu ray player which cost about $200+ to $300, panasonic or Philip or Samsung, lagi best. If price further lowered, then wIt no more. Just bear in mind you need to have a 3d blu ray player to play 3d blu ray disc. Despite the function built in to convert 2d to 3d, the effect won't be as great in depth. ;)

magic motion remote ctrl is like WII, just point and press....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

magic motion remote ctrl is like WII, just point and press....

Wow Koreans arecreally catching up in technologies in all fields, electronics, cars, etc, etc.... Guess they will overtake their Japanese competitors in no time. Heard from a friend from states," if u wanna buy a tv, get a Samsung" a common comment from Americans now

Wow Koreans arecreally catching up in technologies in all fields, electronics, cars, etc, etc.... Guess they will overtake their Japanese competitors in no time. Heard from a friend from states," if u wanna buy a tv, get a Samsung" a common comment from Americans now

Samsung increasing their price over the years.... Now it's time to get LG... soon LG will be top of the line, just as Samsung in the past....

Samsung increasing their price over the years.... Now it's time to get LG... soon LG will be top of the line, just as Samsung in the past....

To be frank, LG TV is lousy compare to sony or samsung... I bought LG tv and i can only say i regret... Quality is lousy...

To be frank, LG TV is lousy compare to sony or samsung... I bought LG tv and i can only say i regret... Quality is lousy...

Hi, care to share your experience on LG TVs with us? What should we look out for in terms of quality? When did you buy your LG TV?

No offence, just that sharing your experience will be very helpful for us forummers to decide what to buy and what to avoid. :yamseng:

well, i didnt know why so confusing about it: i always ask myself these questions before i choose:

1:budget

have a range of budget

2:size

32", 40"? 60" or what? decide urself based on ur room size

3:type: LCD, plsma, LED or SMART??

highly depends on how much and what u use for: do u watch HD? do u need 3D? do u even need internet?

4:branding

choosinga brand might seems difficyult, so usually we trim down to wthere u want a branded one or a lower quality ones....

5:go to courts and ask. usually after these trimming ur choice will be only 5 or less... den u can compare the price and choose from. u may decide the model and buy at cheaper stores. going there is just the check for the range of products.

ha i still love jap products! now eyeing a panny vt30 42" for my room. hmm expensive now though..heeee but looks sleek!

I was waiting for the VT30. Ideal size is 55 to max 60 inch, too bad VT 30 only comes in 55" or 65". I took the Sharp Aqous 65" as reference, a bit overkill in size for me. I have always thought the bigger the TV the better, until I visualize the 65" in my living room with the viewing distance of around 2.5 to 3m. really abit big... shiok if watch 3D.......but if watching horror movies then..........better not continue, now 7th month..... :jawdrop:

Hi bros,

I guess most of you have a big house with more than 2.5mtr distance, mine is only a 4rm. I think 46" will be overkill as it is really too small... 92sqm only...

Regards

Desmond

Hi bros,

I guess most of you have a big house with more than 2.5mtr distance, mine is only a 4rm. I think 46" will be overkill as it is really too small... 92sqm only...

Regards

Desmond

Dun say like dat lah, me so 4th leh, a bit bigger than yours only, 96sqm. But my current 5th viewing distance only 2.3m. Think depend on layout more than size.

Given TVs nowadays are in16:9, with a viewing distance of 2.5m, I would say 46" to 50" is pretty ok. In fact I would personally take a 50". With my current distance of 3m, 55" to 60" would be ideal for me. With current 16:9 aspect, the TVs will nt look that big after all.

Common scenario, which is like my fridge buying experience. When you see and feel the product at the showroom, it either look ok size or not big enough. Reason for this general perception is due to the fact that the selling floor is a vast open space, with plenty of other TVs hanging or sitting beside. A few meters away you will spot a slightly bigger tv, on the other side there are smaller ones, etc. One more factor is the lighting in the selling floor, more often than not, our home light is not as bright. Choose a size, place an order, wait for delivery.

When we finally get the tv sitting or hanging in our living room, normally we will be asking ourselves, I dun remember perceiving the tv to be this big. Same case goes fridge. In fact I think for fridge, it is more prominent, as we often have our fridge located beside our kitchen cabinets.

Well, fret not. With 2.5m viewing distance, if you were to get a 46" tv, you will only feel that it is an overkill for the first two weeks or lesser, subjective ton the number of couch potatoes hours you spend a day. After which, you will juz be thinking that actually the size is juz nice. Worst case possibility is you tell yourself next time you will buy a bigger one loh :sport-smiley-004:

one thing i would like to contribute

before buying at any suntec or expo fairs or those electroic fairs, give a call to

shops like everjoint, goh ah bee, woodlands domestic, parisilk, MEGA etc etc

check their prices. most of the time they are giving the same package at an even lower price.

Edited by Simontsh

Hi Bros,

I am actually looking for around 40" to 42" LCD LED TV as my house is only 92 sq.m and the living room is so small :(

With budget around SGD$1,500 should be quite limited and with or without 3D is ok for me.

There are too many brand & model out there, really dunno which is a good buy that suit my need.

Kindly advise me ....

Regards

Desmond

same as u. but think i get sumsung smart series which is series 5 ba...

I am actually waiting for the 1 Sept 2011 fairs, hope to get a 40" 3D LED TV with internet function, either samsung or sony... But I think sony quite hard as it normally dont go down in price...

Prefer sony more than samsung as samsung tv is more colourful, sony is more natural.

one thing i would like to contribute

before buying at any suntec or expo fairs or those electroic fairs, give a call to

shops like everjoint, goh ah bee, woodlands domestic, parisilk, MEGA etc etc

check their prices. most of the time they are giving the same package at an even lower price.

good advice! I went to an expo fair once and found out they were clearing older models. There were no discounts for the new models.

I am actually waiting for the 1 Sept 2011 fairs, hope to get a 40" 3D LED TV with internet function, either samsung or sony... But I think sony quite hard as it normally dont go down in price...

Prefer sony more than samsung as samsung tv is more colourful, sony is more natural.

for sony....u might want to check out woodlands domestic (its a sony centre IIRC)

reason being I believe sony centres offer 5year warranty for tvs....