Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkwhale

Js Lovely Home By Pinkwhale

Hello Pinkwhale!

this query was meant to be on your PM but there was an error that indicate you arent able to receive any message. So sorry Pinkwhale, if only you have time to reply ,take your time. Im starting to recce for reno n ideas as my house is coming soon end tis yr. Appreciate so much dear!

you haf such a gorgeous kitchen layout and it really stands out from the rest. Find it very unique but I have a few questions which you can PM me.

1. Is it more expensive to do up a kitchen cabinet like urs using the black mosaic tiles as table top or the standard solid surface table?I understand it involves a lot of cement construction.

2.How is the maintenance like as Im looking into white mosaic tiles with white grouting.

3.What kinda wood panel you use for your cabinet? It looks very raw I lurve the raw-ness!

4.Was hacking away the walls of your kitchen costly? Care to share me the price as well as who is your ID?

Good day!

since pinkwhale is busy, i shall be kpoh and help answer some questions.. :P

1. i asked the same question, but cost should be similar..cuz cheaper tiled top (compared to solid top) is offset by workmanship of the structure..but it's probably more durable..

2. more grouts = more cleaning and maintenance i suppose, must take extra care..alternatively, white tiles with black grout looks beautiful and has less maintenance issues with grouting (see paloma's kitchen!)

3. The cabinets are wood-grained laminates.

4. hacking ain't that costly (i hacked 6 walls), but price wise i suppose it's better to check with our contractor (he's not an ID).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

since pinkwhale is busy, i shall be kpoh and help answer some questions.. :P

1. i asked the same question, but cost should be similar..cuz cheaper tiled top (compared to solid top) is offset by workmanship of the structure..but it's probably more durable..

2. more grouts = more cleaning and maintenance i suppose, must take extra care..alternatively, white tiles with black grout looks beautiful and has less maintenance issues with grouting (see paloma's kitchen!)

3. The cabinets are wood-grained laminates.

4. hacking ain't that costly (i hacked 6 walls), but price wise i suppose it's better to check with our contractor (he's not an ID).

Dear, thanks for replying on behalf... I can't agree more.

But still I will add on my opinion...

1. Yup the cost is more or less similar - reason like theitsybit mentioned.

2. This point I also agree! Now I also abit regretted not doing white mosaic with black grouting...I'm super paranoid about dirtying the countertop...black tiles looks more classy in a white but white maybe looks more "Japanese and Scandinavia" I regret big time... Think now I like Japanese look lots... But if change to white mosaic countertop then my shiny glass mosaic backsplash cannot do Liao... Cos that class look cannot match... Hahaha...contradict...

3. Ya this wood grain laminate is all time favourite among K's customers le...but if possible then try to discover others cos too overly used Liao...

4. Hacking 1 wall is ex! But hacking more walls is not ex... Becos even if u hack just one small wall, they still need to apply permit for u, bring all the tools and manpower so the basic cost is there already so hacking more walls maybe only add on a few more hundreds..

And yeah.. He is just a contractor and not ID!

Hi! I m in love with ur kitchen.... Esp the mosaic tiles. Can i hv ur contractor contact details... Wanna consider him for my new flat. Thanks!

Hi Pinkwhale ,

Did u install aircon for your living room? Wondering about the suitable BTU value for my living room as kitchen is open concept with similar house layout as yours since mine is also BTO 4 rm unit. Thinking of system 4, but not sure if having a 24k BTU unit in living room will require separate compressor. Different air con vendors are telling me different info. And wondering if 18k BTU is enough since this is in common system 4 package. Rest of my 3 bedrooms will be 9k each.

Thanks!

I've got an open kitchen and dining, got a mitsubishi inverter system 4 with 9,9,9,24 BTU..no separate compressor needed..got it from Hong Liang for below 4k after upgrading the pipes..

Hi pinkwhale,

Your house is gorgeous! I am deeply impressed! Very innovative and refreshing ideas. I am your future neighbour from Punggol Residence. May I enquire whether it is convenient for me to get your contactor's contact? Thanks!

Hi Pinkwhale,

Loved to have a place with the same feel as yours!

We are also working on the cement screed for our wall and the effect didnt turned out as i expected. For your smooth surface, you hadn't apply sealent, does it get damage when contact with water - the sandy feel.

Hi,Pinkwhale,Your kitchen cabinet laminate sooooo nice, pls advice us the laminate brand and product code if you still have..

A million thanks!

wills:)