Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Wallpaper from taobao? Are you going to put them up by yourself? Let us know the quality okay. Interested :sport-smiley-004:

Yes :thumbs up: , hopefully looks nice o! I bought all my wallpapers from China, most of them are 10m x 0.57m, average cost around $15 exclude shipping.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha... We got the same LED ceiling lights. Yup, really ugly!! Got it for both my toilets.

Lamps up today, looks okie when fix on ceiling, I used 6W for my study room, quite bright der.

me? looking at footstool, ceramic knives and maybe cutlery. also dont know what to buy but feel must buy if cheap. hahaha

I wanted to buy this,

T1pxeNXjBkXXcZW7Z3_051007.jpg_310x310.jpg

It's simple but extraordinary (didn't find in Spore), cost includes shipping to SG is less than $50 I guess, but worry than it won't last long. But still feel like buying because I got only a 3-seaters in living. I will update when I make up my mind.

Edited by Hoo8899

Pictures taken on Thursday night with no lights:

Do you find something wrong with this?

6975059656_6c8ebf02aa.jpg

Ans: my wife can see only her hair and eyes from the mirror. Initially we thought of asking the uncle to fix it up to the pillar :D

MBR bathroom, mirror cabinet from Ikea, suppose to get the white colour one :dunno:

6975060948_e4e83b4b08.jpg

Slidding door at kitchen

7121145557_2fc99b7efc.jpg

Bar table, we agreed at "S" shape but it turns out to be a "SMILIING" shape, anyway we just take it. But the curve side should be on the other side, where we intend to put the bar stools, but overlooked from the drawing so at last decided not to change.

6975063572_6fd3b88cda.jpg

DIY TV console wall, putting the Pattex wall primer. the cornice is not the one we agreed earlier and I think it looks too thin too petty, so I asked uncle to change.

7121159889_fe0c3c089e.jpg

Pictures taken today,

Another Taobao stuff, the chandelier, greatest investment in lighting, shipping alone, as being cheated by Daigou, paid 70 bucks :bangwall:

6975078028_5d46a27556.jpg

Haiz, the rusty parts, will buy WD40 to clean it one day

7121162099_144702bfd1.jpg

Glass pecah, maybe I put too much strenght?

6975066172_19600f0958.jpg

7121151847_79f18482ca.jpg

And, the final product,

6975073060_01a69fef57.jpg

looking at the ceiling and the wall, it's like beauty and the beast

the kitchen tap, super like it, worth of buying, granite top will be fix tomorrow

6975070930_56244b28e8.jpg

the uncle who helps to trim the gate, I have been looking around for peoples that can trim the front gate at cheap price, at last we ask uncle reno and he got his man to do it for $60. On the spot service!

7121155261_f2ea9a2ffc.jpg

Thank you uncle, you saved my day! :good:

Toilet lights, kind of DIY, I came out with the idea to let the light protruding from the tube, so I get a small spotlight tube and big LED bulb, my wife and I just like it, simple and extraordinary, i guess no one else has it, haha

6975067282_e815315313.jpg

Here come the Gain City guys, bribe them by buying chicken rice and coke (we bribe the lighting uncle also, so everything ok ok ok..)

6975074358_fc97e0cbc9.jpg

I wanted to buy this,

T1pxeNXjBkXXcZW7Z3_051007.jpg_310x310.jpg

It's simple but extraordinary (didn't find in Spore), cost includes shipping to SG is less than $50 I guess, but worry than it won't last long. But still feel like buying because I got only a 3-seaters in living. I will update when I make up my mind.

I saw this in Gmarket selling for $49.90, free EMS shipment from Korea. On top of that, you can get further discounts from Gmarket if you are a newly register Gmarket account holder and register under Mastercard holder, you will receive more discount coupons to offset the purchase. I think it is easier to ship direct in Gmarket rather than Tabao.

Your renovation has progress so fast. You are doing the painting work yourself?! Tough job leh. Me and my hubby helped my parents to paint a living room already takes two days to complete because the wall surface is not smooth. The wall surface has big rock effect, that makes the painting process more tedious and time consuming.

You painting the house yourself? Tough job!

I got an uncle who quoted me 1.1k for the job using Nippon easywash and all in 1. Only those walls in living room I DIY myself. Need to apply few layers of the primer then let it dry before putting the wallpapers, frankly I think it is not a tough job because I don't care whether the walls are painted nicely or not, I have the job done in 2 hours in total. Suppose I need to apply 2.5 bottles on the walls, but I have finished only 1.5 bottles, meaning need to apply another layer..

I saw this in Gmarket selling for $49.90, free EMS shipment from Korea. On top of that, you can get further discounts from Gmarket if you are a newly register Gmarket account holder and register under Mastercard holder, you will receive more discount coupons to offset the purchase. I think it is easier to ship direct in Gmarket rather than Tabao.

Your renovation has progress so fast. You are doing the painting work yourself?! Tough job leh. Me and my hubby helped my parents to paint a living room already takes two days to complete because the wall surface is not smooth. The wall surface has big rock effect, that makes the painting process more tedious and time consuming.

Thanks for sharing, by the way any link for me? $49.90 is Sing or US? In TB, the price is RMB85, air delivery to doorstep at RMB129 (I think), so total RMB214 at exchange 4.755 = $45, no agent fee involved, think it worth buying from Gmarket. :rolleyes:

Romantic chandelier, how much is it?

Can't really remember, I shipped it from China with wooden packing, cost should be below RMB250 plus free bulbs, shipping is the most expensive one that cost me about S$70. If you are buying, recommend you to Hoyoyo.

We initially set a budget of not more than $1500 for TV, at last, settled at S$680. Sharp 430M 40" FHD LED from Mega. Hmm, think that TV is getting cheaper and cheaper, luckily we didn't buy too early.

Next, bought Samsung washer WA10G9 from Mega at S$380, cheaper than price quoted from AMK shop, Hougang shop and Circuit Rd shop. :thumbs up: