Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Problem with my chanderlier, I ask uncle to instal dimmer switch, and realised that I can't put dim the energy saving bulb, and the normal bulf I have is 40W each, means when I on the light, 240W consumption per hour. Not only this, the normal bulb is too yellowish and I personally don't like it, dinning light is yellowish also...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Hoo8899

You not worried about the safety of the lights you buy from china ? i mean they are not tested here therefore i am worried about the quality and safety such as fire or electrical short.

what is your comment on the lights so far. is it safe.

you have provided valuable resources on tabao. many thanks

Haha, now everythings made in china lo. I bought 2 concrete anchors for the electrician to replace the normal wall plug, so I think it won't fall, at least for the few years. I can't comment on the technical aspects as I am not electrician, but it works.

I got an uncle who quoted me 1.1k for the job using Nippon easywash and all in 1. Only those walls in living room I DIY myself. Need to apply few layers of the primer then let it dry before putting the wallpapers, frankly I think it is not a tough job because I don't care whether the walls are painted nicely or not, I have the job done in 2 hours in total. Suppose I need to apply 2.5 bottles on the walls, but I have finished only 1.5 bottles, meaning need to apply another layer..

If you are putting wallpapers then ok lah. I thought just paint. My contractor told me the painters were complaining they had a tough time with my walls. Had to paint many layers. They used spray paint as well.

Hi Hoo,

Reading your T-Blog and I think you have bought many interesting stuffs from taobao.

I see you recommend hoyoyo, have you buy things using the website? Is the delivery reliable? And no agent fees involved?

Because got once my sister bought things from taobao, using peeka, but she say the agent fees is abit high. But the delivery is very responsible (:

Thanks for replying my qns. Btw, I like your choices of your stuffs from taobao. Have a smooth renovation on ^^

Hi Hoo,

Reading your T-Blog and I think you have bought many interesting stuffs from taobao.

I see you recommend hoyoyo, have you buy things using the website? Is the delivery reliable? And no agent fees involved?

Because got once my sister bought things from taobao, using peeka, but she say the agent fees is abit high. But the delivery is very responsible (:

Thanks for replying my qns. Btw, I like your choices of your stuffs from taobao. Have a smooth renovation on ^^

Hi Smile (I prefer call you this rather than Fragrance) thanks to drop by, I have bought couple of time from 65Daigou and I would say they are quite good in service, at least they check the stuff you bought before having them shipped to SG, but is rather pricey if you are buying many bulky things. Then, I discovered about this Hoyoyo, if you check on google, in fact they serve customers in SG, Malaysia, Hongkong and some other countries, so I guess they should be realiable. I am buying 0.5CBM of stuff thru Hoyoyo, spending RMB630 on sea shipping and expect to arrive in mid of May, I will then be able to tell how good/realiable is this Hoyoyo.

My buying experience with Hoyoyo is very much different from 65Daigou, I open my Alipay account, coordinate with seller, track the shipment, ask for discount etc... When the stuff arrived at Hoyoyo warehouse, I suppose they will not inspect the items, they will update the weight of the item in your account. But for me, I think I saved at least 200 bucks on this shipment as compared to if I were to buy from Daigou.

Hoyoyo did charge agent fee, but is not like Peeka or Daigou where they charge certain percentage on the purchase price. For Hoyoyo, all payments are to be made in CNY, and they will deduct your account balance in SGD by applying a lousy exchange rate. Right now the rate applicable is 4.755. In an other word, the loss on exchange is deemed to be the agent fee you paid.

Hmm.. that's about all to share for time being, you have to try it yourself.

Items bought yesterday

The Henkel wallpaper adhesive:

6984315226_505752e4c3.jpg

The pest repeller, got it from HomeFix at 59.90, quite expensive, hope it works

6984316860_3587916f50.jpg

It says, "protect your home from unwanted pests", :horse:

6984313616_baa2ac293e.jpg

Wow... I thought the insect repellent is to keep mosquito away. In the end it is to keep ants, cockroaches and lizards - the 3 main pests we hated most. I need to get one for my house too

Wow... I thought the insect repellent is to keep mosquito away. In the end it is to keep ants, cockroaches and lizards - the 3 main pests we hated most. I need to get one for my house too

i am anxiously waiting for the results!

Hahahah...why? Those are your pets what

Hehehehe.. getzski's pets.

My house also "invited" a lot of insects. We have beetles, flying ants (during rainy days), and other weird weird flies. Stay so high yet have insects coming in. For now, I pray my most hated insect will not come in.

Hehehehe.. getzski's pets.

My house also "invited" a lot of insects. We have beetles, flying ants (during rainy days), and other weird weird flies. Stay so high yet have insects coming in. For now, I pray my most hated insect will not come in.

found 2 new pets this morning....another baby lizard resting in my blanco sink, and a moth resting on my bath towel

found 2 new pets this morning....another baby lizard resting in my blanco sink, and a moth resting on my bath towel

Remember to feed the baby lizard with moth

Edited by ayazumi