Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

For placing the wallpapers, mix the adhesive poweder with water and leave it for 10 to 20 minutes

7151602401_a15a1d654f.jpg

So here come the first piece

7151606535_15318eb4ab.jpg

..second..

7151595377_0159828f79.jpg

and, the final product, our victorian style living room

7005510478_0a8bf5c42b.jpg

next, add some paint to the frame

7005523626_a3b8584581.jpg

:dribble::yamseng: Nice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well done for your wall paper! Can you tell me how did you do it? Did you put the adhesive on the wall and the paste the wallpaper or put the glue on the wallpaper directly?

And from which taobao seller did you purchase the wallpaper from?

I feel like doing it for my bedroom, it looks so romantic! :thumbs up:

if i m not wrong i think they dont really earn from the agent fees but from the shipping cuz think they have their own shipping

company to sent all these item to us

Hi Smile (I prefer call you this rather than Fragrance) thanks to drop by, I have bought couple of time from 65Daigou and I would say they are quite good in service, at least they check the stuff you bought before having them shipped to SG, but is rather pricey if you are buying many bulky things. Then, I discovered about this Hoyoyo, if you check on google, in fact they serve customers in SG, Malaysia, Hongkong and some other countries, so I guess they should be realiable. I am buying 0.5CBM of stuff thru Hoyoyo, spending RMB630 on sea shipping and expect to arrive in mid of May, I will then be able to tell how good/realiable is this Hoyoyo.

My buying experience with Hoyoyo is very much different from 65Daigou, I open my Alipay account, coordinate with seller, track the shipment, ask for discount etc... When the stuff arrived at Hoyoyo warehouse, I suppose they will not inspect the items, they will update the weight of the item in your account. But for me, I think I saved at least 200 bucks on this shipment as compared to if I were to buy from Daigou.

Hoyoyo did charge agent fee, but is not like Peeka or Daigou where they charge certain percentage on the purchase price. For Hoyoyo, all payments are to be made in CNY, and they will deduct your account balance in SGD by applying a lousy exchange rate. Right now the rate applicable is 4.755. In an other word, the loss on exchange is deemed to be the agent fee you paid.

Hmm.. that's about all to share for time being, you have to try it yourself.

:dribble::yamseng: Nice!

Thanks, in fact I want to upload more photos but left my dslr at new home, and I am not going back these 2 days. Just wait for few days

nice sofa and really like your dinning table so classy

Tadaaa..

7005746638_50d41859a0.jpg

Stools got from Courts also, 2 for $3.90 and my wife so kiasu, bought 6 in total

7151830163_53d38f6f2c.jpg

Maxcoil basic matress from Courts

7005735426_374fe21e7e.jpg

Cornell air cooler and microwave, both at less than $200 from Courts

7151817651_225fdd7e84.jpg

Edited by rayfox

I like the way you do your skirting. Very unique

I just told my wife in bus, I wanted something cozy, simple yet extraordinary, having black colour laminates not really acceptable by traditional peoples, I just hope that parents wont make noice on the floor..

Your wall paper is very nice. Also admire your skill, determination and patience to do it yourself.

If I am rich enough, I will not do them myself. It is indeed like what Aya said, tiring but rewarding...

Well done for your wall paper! Can you tell me how did you do it? Did you put the adhesive on the wall and the paste the wallpaper or put the glue on the wallpaper directly?

And from which taobao seller did you purchase the wallpaper from?

I feel like doing it for my bedroom, it looks so romantic! :thumbs up:

If I remember correctly, 洛可可墙纸, but a lot of TB sellers are selling same items der. Just give it a try, it is not expensive anyway

if i m not wrong i think they dont really earn from the agent fees but from the shipping cuz think they have their own shipping

company to sent all these item to us

Maybe, but definitely they earns from exchange also, which I don't mind paying, it's still cheaper than other agents.

Did you face the bubble.issue on the wallpaper for the first few days? Agree with the rest on ur determination as I seen hw mine was being pasted for the bedrm head wall. Imagine tat 4 persons for that small area hehe

nice sofa and really like your dinning table so classy

Sofa still under wrapping, initially bought a 3metre L shape, luckily changed on time to 2metre, I would say it is a simple, but hopefully comfortable one.

I think, my dining table and tv console are really classy design, the purpose is to match the wallpapers and chandelier to make it a Victorian style living hall, but too bad I am short of budget to get a set of those British colonial style sofa.

Valarie, I learnt them from YouTube, youko and taobao... The basic skill is putting enough glue on the wallpapers, not too much and not too litle, just like when you want to seal your envelop. Hmm, I would say it depends on your wallpapers, like the one at tv console wall, if put too little, it will fall down when you leave your hand, whereas for the other walls, I can't put too much glue becoz it will get soften and it may broken when you try to straighten it. For both type of wallpapers, I apply glue on the wall as well as on the papers. Put more glue on the top part becoz you will need stronger adhesive from the top before pasting those below. For me because I don't have skirting so I pasted them all the way to the floor, and the laminates skirting serve as a protection to cover it at bottom.

Edited by Hoo8899

Did you face the bubble.issue on the wallpaper for the first few days? Agree with the rest on ur determination as I seen hw mine was being pasted for the bedrm head wall. Imagine tat 4 persons for that small area hehe

Yes, it was so irritating, I keep pushing them left and right, top to bottom and still can't get rid of the bubles, then I realized that the bubles gone after the wallpapers are dried, so now the wall looks ok and acceptable to me.