Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Our "open-kitchen" is done, the only pending is the paint and the colour glass backing.

6996140294_a6eaee608a.jpg

7142221911_9d7311a4d2.jpg

6996135416_0d2b2d3b1d.jpg

Few problems encountered during the reno process,

1) placing the hood on the wall with a beam >> solution: uncle reno ask factory to cut the upper part of the hood, no additional charges

2) water and gas pipes running above the hood >> solution: uncle reno ask carpenter to cover that part with laminates, no additional charges

3) cutting the colour glass in according to the hood's curve shape >> solution: not possible for factory to do that, so we decide to have a straigt cut up to the the hood's glass

We quite like the design of the corner cabinet, idea was originated from Ikea, the end result turns out to be satisfactory. We don't have s/s dish rack as we intend to keep all plates and cutlery in the drawers, idea also originated from Ikea.

Guys reveal the secrets about lemon and peach please... Remember please don't pollute my soul and bog ;)

Hahahaha... Ask that man who talks about lemon to define what is lemon to you. Hahahaha....

Forget to show the picture about the dining light

6996142138_87e680e1ff.jpg

Problem with this light is that it is too yellowish, remember the blue colour bulb I bought, it produces white light. So I plug in, switch on, and it burst :jawdrop: . So I conduct investigation and found out that it supports only 12V voltage, so it is useless unless I buy a thing called voltage converter or something, but then will need an expert to fix that for me. Anyway I still have 3 blue bulb, specification G4 12V 20W colour 6800, anyone interested to buy please contact me yo :yamseng:

Finally, the wallpapers. I bought 2 rolls for TV console, each roll 60X70, so need to cut into 4 pieces, will put them up tomorrow.

6996138642_a2424032d3.jpg

6996137034_4c505d0381.jpg

Now start planning date for moving in, either 12th May or 15th May, both my wife and me are rat, any feng shui master here can advise? Thanks in advance :good:

5th May is a good day! Hehe, I'm moving in to my own house on that day mar... :D

Am very tired today, spending my time from 9 to 8 only managed to finish 4 roll of wall papers. Not an easy task actually especially dealing wih the bomb shelter door. Hopefully the wallpapers can last for couple of years... Advice to all, don't buy too much wallpapers simply it is cheap in China

Am very tired today, spending my time from 9 to 8 only managed to finish 4 roll of wall papers. Not an easy task actually especially dealing wih the bomb shelter door. Hopefully the wallpapers can last for couple of years... Advice to all, don't buy too much wallpapers simply it is cheap in China

Haha, because you got to paste it yourself?

Can't wait to see the TV feature wall. You should also consider strips for the wall by either paint or wallpaper.

Cannot imagine the strips you mentioned, I have put up the wallpaper for tv console and I think it is fine without the strips

Tomorrow gonna be a big day, lots of things to take care off. Wait and see the changes I bring to the poorly abandoned unit.