Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Hi kim76,

Am considering getting a set of Mirage speakers for my new place from amazon. If I buy from Amazon US, item will not be fitted for use with 240v supply and I need a transformer. Any idea if getting from other country's amazon can help to avoid this voltage diff?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MEWZL2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A133CKJ7CPNI6R

This item is also sold and shipped by 3rd party, any problem you see with it?

Sorry to ask this qn..

Ps. Btw, have you successfully fitted your 3m filter yet?

Thks,

Luxray

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, it is just homogeneous tiles. Cream color, big square piece from Harfary.

Ya I also like it. So shinny looks like marble. Can you remember what's the price per sqf?

Hi kim76,

Am considering getting a set of Mirage speakers for my new place from amazon. If I buy from Amazon US, item will not be fitted for use with 240v supply and I need a transformer. Any idea if getting from other country's amazon can help to avoid this voltage diff?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MEWZL2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A133CKJ7CPNI6R

Sorry to ask this qn..

Thks,

Luxray

To avoid voltage issues, go to amazon uk and buy from there if similar set are offers as per Amazon US had. If not, order from Amazon US and buy a transformer off Sim Lim Tower, it should costs less than S$50. Alternatively, google at UK audio sites, if you are dead serious on this set, luck might be in your side if vendors do ship directly to SG.

In the url provided, there are dimensions indicated also the shipping weight. Let your 3rd forwarder knows the dimensions & shipping weight, they should be able to advise you accordingly.

Then again, no issues with buying off from 3rd party vendor, look at their ratings.

The ultimate concerns mainly would be DOA aka dead on arrival. It will crumblesome to ship back as you need to bear the shipping cost yourself. No warranty coverage.

Try to ask for quote on this set locally, margin of safety, savings less than 25%, get from local vendor.

Yep. It is a 8cm thick feature wall for me to hide the cables. I purposely paint the wall white so as to look like actual wall.

Is it more worth it to do this wall or buy a new tv console? :unsure:

Ya I also like it. So shinny looks like marble. Can you remember what's the price per sqf?

If I'm not wrong, it is $3 psf... cheap cheap :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Is it more worth it to do this wall or buy a new tv console? :unsure:

I think depend on what you want.

Feature wall for me is to hide cables (tv power cable and HDMI cable). If you can live with the cables, then no need to spend the extra money. Use the money save to buy a bigger tv :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Tv console for me is to store all my AV stuff and also to hide all cables.

Some will just buy a TV console for TV and AV stuff. (TV stand on console)

Some will just hang the TV on the cement wall and a console for AV stuff. (tv power cable and HDMI cable are visible)

For me I prefer the clean look. So I spend more on look and less on AV.

Hi kim76,

Sorry to ask this qn..

Thks,

Luxray

Hi, I as in the same situation as you a while back. That time I went for an audition at HN Millenia and I was pretty impress with the mirage speaker. Then I found out that Amazon got the same set for a much much lower price. But somehow I did not buy it due to a preference for 2.1 system.

Did you audition for this speaker? If I'm not wrong, HN is selling for more than $2K. :jawdrop: So you already had a saving of more than 60%! But shipping for this may be more than $100 since the sub will be heavy. Plus another $80 for a transformer. Still save 50%! :dribble: I will probably go for it if I'm you.

Back to the 3M filter, my ID is coming this sat to take the connector to go search for fittings. We are taking our time.. Haa... Will keep u inform again. :yamseng:

very very nice and clean design. Noticed that you didn't do much false ceiling, did you? I'm surprised to see a nice house without much complicated lighting and ceiling. I may steal your idea and save few thousand $$ on the ceiling works! congrats on the new house, and it's really lovely!

very very nice and clean design. Noticed that you didn't do much false ceiling, did you? I'm surprised to see a nice house without much complicated lighting and ceiling. I may steal your idea and save few thousand $$ on the ceiling works! congrats on the new house, and it's really lovely!

Thank you! :yamseng:

My false ceiling is only at dining area. Save quite a lot this way. But spend a lot on appliances... :notti: :notti:

Place done. Now is start shifting all our barang barang to the new place.

Your house v beautiful! Can you share with me your curtain and blind makers and how much u pay for them?

Love the simplicity and clean look. Thumbs up. And the ceiling fan is super sexaaay... Gonna grab one for our place too. It's from imm right? And another question, is the wind strong? Just one speed is it?

Hi, I as in the same situation as you a while back. That time I went for an audition at HN Millenia and I was pretty impress with the mirage speaker. Then I found out that Amazon got the same set for a much much lower price. But somehow I did not buy it due to a preference for 2.1 system.

Did you audition for this speaker? If I'm not wrong, HN is selling for more than $2K. :jawdrop: So you already had a saving of more than 60%! But shipping for this may be more than $100 since the sub will be heavy. Plus another $80 for a transformer. Still save 50%! :dribble: I will probably go for it if I'm you.

Back to the 3M filter, my ID is coming this sat to take the connector to go search for fittings. We are taking our time.. Haa... Will keep u inform again. :yamseng:

Hi Kim76,

Yes, did go for audition of the system. You're right, price is about s$2k. Hope to buy without need for transformer. Worried about what will happen if transformer spoilt suddenly, then possibility of system damage.

Btw, heartiest congrats to your new beautiful house completion. I love the clean look of your house. :good:

Really learnt and benefited a lot from you and many others on this renotalk. Wanted originally wanted to start my own Reno t-blog (my Reno started this mth), but really couldn't find the time to do so.

Cheers,

To avoid voltage issues, go to amazon uk and buy from there if similar set are offers as per Amazon US had. If not, order from Amazon US and buy a transformer off Sim Lim Tower, it should costs less than S$50. Alternatively, google at UK audio sites, if you are dead serious on this set, luck might be in your side if vendors do ship directly to SG.

In the url provided, there are dimensions indicated also the shipping weight. Let your 3rd forwarder knows the dimensions & shipping weight, they should be able to advise you accordingly.

Then again, no issues with buying off from 3rd party vendor, look at their ratings.

The ultimate concerns mainly would be DOA aka dead on arrival. It will crumblesome to ship back as you need to bear the shipping cost yourself. No warranty coverage.

Try to ask for quote on this set locally, margin of safety, savings less than 25%, get from local vendor.

Hi ongsc,

Many thks for advise..you and kim76 are really indisputable online buying guru. Funny reading about the mutual 'poisoning' betwn both of you on your t-blog....need deep pockets. :yamseng.

:

Hi Kim76,

Yes, did go for audition of the system. You're right, price is about s$2k. Hope to buy without need for transformer. Worried about what will happen if transformer spoilt suddenly, then possibility of system damage.

Almost 60% in savings. I read up the specs from Amazon US, you need a transformer for that. Alternatively, mod your set to local voltage, which requires good & experienced technician. I'm tempted to buy but I'm more interested in white setup :notti: :notti: