Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brianho

~ My Scandinavia Home ~

How comes got that ledge but boh run conceal piping for you, even if that ledge belong to hdb, can construct a another ledge using brick so the 2 stainless steel piping can be concealed. The coordination is not easy for your main con, must get tiler to work with plumber to hack the space in the brick for piping, then after the piping are laid, the tiler will seal up with tiles. Normal contractor may not be willing to do this type of coordination for you, usually only ID will suggest, of cos with higher reno quote.

20120115_174555.jpg

Eh actually i rather see non conceal pipe if conceal in tiling leak how... Conceal in cupboard is ok

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

that problem you raise is not a problem. i did not request upfront, so the tiler did not plan upfront. i only made the switch to citygas after tiling started....so a misstep on my planning.

i will fix this as a post enhancement.

my list of complaints are :

1) crooked pipe at the joints. when Mr. C-- bends the pipe, he has a extra bending mark, but he proceed to use the "imperfect" pipe, instead of giving me a new one. now when every pipe is joined together, it is more difficult to change.

2) when he connect the water pipe to my MBR shower panel, the water pressure "relieving" was not done properly. now if i turn my shower panel water pressure from 10% - 90%, there will be a loud grinding sound. it is bad in the middle of the night, cos i can hear that even in the carpark. when the water pressure is at 100%, then this sound is gone.

3) criss-crossing pipes. instead of hot/cold running parallet to each other, he has them criss-crossing at the shower. i would assume this is bad planning by Mr.C and he just chin-chai crisscross at the end in order to join to the mixer.

4) he drill holes in the tiles to get the pipes pass, then never covers the holes.

Faint esp the sound...... Running 100% everytime zzzzz i hope mine dun happen as i saw my piping skill also not that fantastic lor

1 & 2. Don't know since when (i guess since the time copper material became very expensive) most of the plumbers start to use stainless steel pipe for water and proceed to bend the pipe as it is a copper pipe. Usually unless customer request stainless steel pipe, the plumbing sub con doing my place will only run copper pipe as copper is a softer metal that can bend and twist to any angle and has less joints, unlike stainless steel pipe when bend the bending portion will narrow so to counter that problem, they tend to use bigger pipe and thus produce noise when water pressure is not strong enough.

3. What a lousy plumber! You didnt check his workmanship? If i were you, i'll get them to redo or else they dont get pay.

4. If the plumber is a sub con engage by your main con, get the main con to ask him to patch up the hole.

Is copper pipe a better alternative than stainless steel?

Eh actually i rather see non conceal pipe if conceal in tiling leak how... Conceal in cupboard is ok

Depend on the plumber skill... lousy one have higher chance of leaking. If you use copper pipe with no joint conceal in wall, there is no chance of leak.

Edited by albertchng

Is copper pipe a better alternative than stainless steel?

of cos! copper is softer metal, can bend, twist and turn with ease... no need to use joint so less chances to leak.

of cos! copper is softer metal, can bend, twist and turn with ease... no need to use joint so less chances to leak.

Ooo my house pipe can twist and turn one that means they are using cooper i think

Ooo my house pipe can twist and turn one that means they are using cooper i think

paiseh, i think only the gas pipe done by city gas is copper.

stainless steel can be use but it all depend on the plumber skill, lousy one will have a lot of headache down the road.

cannot leh....every time i shower, i can see Mr C--.

i got a cheap solution, u take a picture of Mr A+++++'s work, than u laminate and paste in ur toilet tile wall.. than everytime u bath u look at his work, than u wont see Mr c-- liao.. :bleah::sport-smiley-004:

cannot leh....every time i shower, i can see Mr C--.

Here is another cheap solution to your noise problem, put on a pair of ear plug when you bath/shower at night, can block out the grinding sound and also your neighbors scolding and cursing.

i got a cheap solution, u take a picture of Mr A+++++'s work, than u laminate and paste in ur toilet tile wall.. than everytime u bath u look at his work, than u wont see Mr c-- liao.. :bleah::sport-smiley-004:

lol....maybe get mr A++ to built a top hung cabinet inside toilet. nice looking, and useful as well.

initially, i was thinking about that, thinking of the rule to build as much storage as possible. but i think i overbuilt already. haha.

Here is another cheap solution to your noise problem, put on a pair of ear plug when you bath/shower at night, can block out the grinding sound and also your neighbors scolding and cursing.

cannot la....i have to be socially responsible.

the shop that sold me the shower panel advise me that it can be due to incorrect water pressure problem. he said if i get plumber to re-connect the water pipes to the panel, and then do some magic (i.e. turn on/off the water at the nearest water point), it will help to normalize the water pressure.

truth or myth?

Use powder bath instead lor lol

cannot also....my floor tiles are black sadly. doing so will require me to start "operation wash and mop floor". else i get white foot prints. lol.

cannot also....my floor tiles are black sadly. doing so will require me to start "operation wash and mop floor". else i get white foot prints. lol.

Better be urs or wife foot print lol scarli got differnent size foot print will gan cheong hehe

lol....maybe get mr A++ to built a top hung cabinet inside toilet. nice looking, and useful as well.

initially, i was thinking about that, thinking of the rule to build as much storage as possible. but i think i overbuilt already. haha.

Storage is never enough my hse is full of storage lol

Better be urs or wife foot print lol scarli got differnent size foot print will gan cheong hehe

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

maybe i find little footprints of xiao qiang too