Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brianho

~ My Scandinavia Home ~

Can do... the cha bo must be chio, sexy, good drinker and must roll up her sleeve to mop, sweep and scrub in case the place is dirty and fail her QC.

then i cannot apply liao....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Can do... the cha bo must be chio, sexy, good drinker and must roll up her sleeve to mop, sweep and scrub in case the place is dirty and fail her QC.

Wow... I am impressed. Your knowledge for renovation already astonish me. Now it seems like you know women very well too :notti: I wonder if you are a live walking encyclopedia heeee...

Not "all" tilers/carpenters/plumbers are lazy... just talk to your main con &/or ID.

Btw, your place jin swee.

i happen to have a A++ carpenter, B-- tiler, and a C-- plumber.

i happen to have a A++ carpenter, B-- tiler, and a C-- plumber.

yours already complete, don't complain lah. happily enjoy staying there already. no point complaining liao. hehehehe..

yours already complete, don't complain lah. happily enjoy staying there already. no point complaining liao. hehehehe..

cannot leh....every time i shower, i can see Mr C--.

pay money can. provided i know he is Mr. A++

ask albert to recommend lah.... he is the most helpful and willing to make sure what he wrote on forum actually help people in real life.

ask albert to recommend lah.... he is the most helpful and willing to make sure what he wrote on forum actually help people in real life.

small job only la....i presume most plumbers don't even want to take the job. even the lousy ones.

see how my contractor say lor...he suppose to get Mr.C to come take a look at it, but still no news from him for a month.

small job only la....i presume most plumbers don't even want to take the job. even the lousy ones.

see how my contractor say lor...he suppose to get Mr.C to come take a look at it, but still no news from him for a month.

How comes got that ledge but boh run conceal piping for you, even if that ledge belong to hdb, can construct a another ledge using brick so the 2 stainless steel piping can be concealed. The coordination is not easy for your main con, must get tiler to work with plumber to hack the space in the brick for piping, then after the piping are laid, the tiler will seal up with tiles. Normal contractor may not be willing to do this type of coordination for you, usually only ID will suggest, of cos with higher reno quote.

20120115_174555.jpg

Edited by albertchng

How comes got that ledge but boh run conceal piping for you, even if that ledge belong to hdb, can construct a another ledge using brick so the 2 stainless steel piping can be concealed. The coordination is not easy for your main con, must get tiler to work with plumber to hack the space in the brick for piping, then after the piping are laid, the tiler will seal up with tiles. Normal contractor may not be willing to do this type of coordination for you, usually only ID will suggest, of cos with higher reno quote.

20120115_174555.jpg

that problem you raise is not a problem. i did not request upfront, so the tiler did not plan upfront. i only made the switch to citygas after tiling started....so a misstep on my planning.

i will fix this as a post enhancement.

my list of complaints are :

1) crooked pipe at the joints. when Mr. C-- bends the pipe, he has a extra bending mark, but he proceed to use the "imperfect" pipe, instead of giving me a new one. now when every pipe is joined together, it is more difficult to change.

2) when he connect the water pipe to my MBR shower panel, the water pressure "relieving" was not done properly. now if i turn my shower panel water pressure from 10% - 90%, there will be a loud grinding sound. it is bad in the middle of the night, cos i can hear that even in the carpark. when the water pressure is at 100%, then this sound is gone.

3) criss-crossing pipes. instead of hot/cold running parallet to each other, he has them criss-crossing at the shower. i would assume this is bad planning by Mr.C and he just chin-chai crisscross at the end in order to join to the mixer.

4) he drill holes in the tiles to get the pipes pass, then never covers the holes.

my list of complaints are :

1) crooked pipe at the joints. when Mr. C-- bends the pipe, he has a extra bending mark, but he proceed to use the "imperfect" pipe, instead of giving me a new one. now when every pipe is joined together, it is more difficult to change.

2) when he connect the water pipe to my MBR shower panel, the water pressure "relieving" was not done properly. now if i turn my shower panel water pressure from 10% - 90%, there will be a loud grinding sound. it is bad in the middle of the night, cos i can hear that even in the carpark. when the water pressure is at 100%, then this sound is gone.

3) criss-crossing pipes. instead of hot/cold running parallet to each other, he has them criss-crossing at the shower. i would assume this is bad planning by Mr.C and he just chin-chai crisscross at the end in order to join to the mixer.

4) he drill holes in the tiles to get the pipes pass, then never covers the holes.

1 & 2. Don't know since when (i guess since the time copper material became very expensive) most of the plumbers start to use stainless steel pipe for water and proceed to bend the pipe as it is a copper pipe. Usually unless customer request stainless steel pipe, the plumbing sub con doing my place will only run copper pipe as copper is a softer metal that can bend and twist to any angle and has less joints, unlike stainless steel pipe when bend the bending portion will narrow so to counter that problem, they tend to use bigger pipe and thus produce noise when water pressure is not strong enough.

3. What a lousy plumber! You didnt check his workmanship? If i were you, i'll get them to redo or else they dont get pay.

4. If the plumber is a sub con engage by your main con, get the main con to ask him to patch up the hole.

Edited by albertchng

Not "all" tilers/carpenters/plumbers are lazy... just talk to your main con &/or ID.

Btw, your place jin swee.

Thanks thanks albert not many like wooden feel though glad you like it too

Wow... I am impressed. Your knowledge for renovation already astonish me. Now it seems like you know women very well too :notti: I wonder if you are a live walking encyclopedia heeee...

A full time char bor hunter lol