Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Brianho

~ My Scandinavia Home ~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Okay lah time to show some finish work as well as errors.. keep tune.

Start with my MBR

7000095463_a9de39b6df_z.jpg

My Toilet Cabinet. Chosen this type of door instead of sliding to prevent moisture. Good workman here no issue.

By the way the laminate in my room is of a darker tone as we want it to be cosy feel.

6853968766_a8a8e6322d_z.jpg

My MBR feature wall with hanging cabinet. the reason we chose over the console was to allow us to have more walking space as our MBR is quite small.

Small gap issue here only, reno ID promised to touch up.

Forget to take my bay window photo. add a ledge too

7000097685_b484f84f78_z.jpg

Common Bathroom cabinet. solid top not up yet

Edited by Brianho

Now my Kitchen

7000135397_827d8472c2_z.jpg

View from living room, i love the color tone :) so different from usual black and white from other people hse.

Hope my cleaning will not kill me though :dancingqueen:

6853953698_9321371ca6_z.jpg

Top Cabinet

7000080241_93a58f06ee_z.jpg

Btm Cabinet, Middle hole for my Brandt oven ( BAKING TIME! )

7000082659_8336b6e906_z.jpg

My other side of btm cabinet. Will have my sink at the far right. Will have a small Bar Counter here:)

My Feature wall

Okay this is where my headache begin... every has saw my theme which is woody and white... now my living room... is totally upsetting me.

The carpentry told me that if i put the glass over the wood i would not see the raw wood... but it turn out to be....

6854008394_8b92a6f5a6_z.jpg

cant see much from here right?

7000127101_cc47a02a96_z.jpg

Ok..... BLACK Frame. WTF@! this is totally out of my theme.

6853975468_2fee5e2e68_z.jpg

Front view....

1st. WHY was the Glass Frame BLACK!

2nd. The Cabinet look so bulky. IT can even put 1 & half dvd.

My ID keep insist that this was the normal size that everyone is using and i have already sign the detail....

Seriously if i know about dimension and how to build why do i get an ID and pay premium....

Look at the next photo

7000101487_9bec386a76_z.jpg

This is obviously oversize and are extending out of my cove dimension..

I insist my ID to resize the cabinet for me and to change the Glass door. I cant accept any black over here.

ID is currently checking with his carpentry on the rework. Hope that he will be professional enough to rework this foc for me. Will keep reno pals on update here. If he would help to amend this then thumbs up on the overall service.! :help:

Can fellow Reno Talk member advise me if there is any such situation you encounter and how does your ID react to it and help you out?

Thanks a lot!~ please feedback as much

so other small minor error will post though ID told me that there will be a final touch up on all my carpentry.

7000103451_bd169d57f9_z.jpg

Btm Cabinet not flush with tiles. they promised to remove and re-lay the tiling

7000105363_f6ef32acbd_z.jpg

gaps between Laminate

7000109425_131c9ae4b6_z.jpg

gaps again

6853988158_cd536ab3b8_z.jpg

even more obvious gap

6853983110_53bc176f52_z.jpg

uneven laminating... these are all errors i found in my kitchen cabinet

Please focus on giving feedback on how your ID solve your errors as i need to challenge back my id considering that my reno is not the cheapest.

some led lights i bought for my box in display, cove and feature wall in living room

6854001218_ccf11be6d2_z.jpg

6853996546_85780141e0_z.jpg

6853993450_6f7b6b793d_z.jpg

will post the effect when my house is done up

My ID keep insist that this was the normal size that everyone is using and i have already sign the detail....

Seriously if i know about dimension and how to build why do i get an ID and pay premium....

Look at the next photo

7000101487_9bec386a76_z.jpg

This is obviously oversize and are extending out of my cove dimension..

I insist my ID to resize the cabinet for me and to change the Glass door. I cant accept any black over here.

ID is currently checking with his carpentry on the rework. Hope that he will be professional enough to rework this foc for me. Will keep reno pals on update here. If he would help to amend this then thumbs up on the overall service.! :help:

Can fellow Reno Talk member advise me if there is any such situation you encounter and how does your ID react to it and help you out?

Thanks a lot!~ please feedback as much

hmmmm.... I have wrong size for my stepped ceiling and when I told my the site coordinator, he told me it was what I agreed. Then I called my contractor and explain to him over the phone, he just agreed with me and the next day it was reworked.

Then my tv console had wrong colour laminate too and he told me the carpentry did wrongly. He wanted to dismantle to rework but I told him its ok since the colour was just mixed up but still it's within the 2 laminate for my feature wall so I let it be.

So, your contractor should take responsibility to rework it if it's not correct or it looks ugly.

Please focus on giving feedback on how your ID solve your errors as i need to challenge back my id considering that my reno is not the cheapest.

there are good ones around in the forum. show him that.

hmmmm.... I have wrong size for my stepped ceiling and when I told my the site coordinator, he told me it was what I agreed. Then I called my contractor and explain to him over the phone, he just agreed with me and the next day it was reworked.

Then my tv console had wrong colour laminate too and he told me the carpentry did wrongly. He wanted to dismantle to rework but I told him its ok since the colour was just mixed up but still it's within the 2 laminate for my feature wall so I let it be.

So, your contractor should take responsibility to rework it if it's not correct or it looks ugly.

yea i hope he will. In fact i am thinking of removing the cabinet and change to console instead, but he would definitely charge me for the console if i want... However if they agreed to remove the cabinet to rework on the size and glass, wouldnt it be the same price to do the console for me...

there are good ones around in the forum. show him that.

wah i must browse more blog.. any example to recommend bo since you are the "hardcore member" here :sport-smiley-004:

yea i hope he will. In fact i am thinking of removing the cabinet and change to console instead, but he would definitely charge me for the console if i want... However if they agreed to remove the cabinet to rework on the size and glass, wouldnt it be the same price to do the console for me...

Ok lah, since he will rework on it. So don't get too upset. As long as he is willing to redo.

Ok lah, since he will rework on it. So don't get too upset. As long as he is willing to redo.

he didnt agreed to rework on it... currently he just told me that he will amend the glass door for me only... :furious: angry

wah i must browse more blog.. any example to recommend bo since you are the "hardcore member" here :sport-smiley-004:

see may_dream one lor. heee

he didnt agreed to rework on it... currently he just told me that he will amend the glass door for me only... :furious: angry

Oh.... Hmmmm then talk to him till he willing to rework lah.