Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pirvan

26 Yr Old 5Rm Resale In Tampines

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Pirvan,

we have pretty similiar taste in the choice of materials. All the best to your final stretch of the renovations!

Hi Getzski! read your T blog recently and ya man .. I think ur kitchen laminates and ours are the same ! :yamseng: We have decided to use white marble for the table top and and galaxy black for the work tops ! Donny says the laminate's colour is quite outstanding and that not many ppl is able to take it but we decided to give it a shot !great minds think alike no :thumbs up:

Thanks for the well wishes !

Hi Terrain, I did take a picture of the cover of the samples of laminate . Hope it helps !

20120308164752.jpg

is this a standard laminate? i think mine is also from this book

Hi Getzski! read your T blog recently and ya man .. I think ur kitchen laminates and ours are the same ! :yamseng: We have decided to use white marble for the table top and and galaxy black for the work tops ! Donny says the laminate's colour is quite outstanding and that not many ppl is able to take it but we decided to give it a shot !great minds think alike no :thumbs up:

Thanks for the well wishes !

heehee....we have a TWINS kitchen.

all the best in your reno!

Pirvan is not in Singapore again .. shall let pics do the talking ..

The choices that we decided to take for the kitchen table /work top .. keeping fingers crossed that it will work !

20120321174257.th.jpg

The day we had to make a fast trip to Hoe Kee to get the sink since Donny said it is urgently needed for the carpenters to measure and cut the hole on the work top.. It was cash and carry... :sport-smiley-003:

20120321172444.th.jpg

20120321172425.th.jpg

after which we went to the new home to see the progress of the carpentry

20120321183947.th.jpg

These here are not Blum but was assured by our carpenter and Donny that it will work equally well ;) SInce its at a fraction of the price of BLum.. I am not complaining ! Lets see how it goes..

:yamseng:

When we brought the sink back the carpenter was drilling holes for our sinks on our vanity , luckily we were there to decide where we wanted our taps.. this might sound weird but I am so loving our vanity more and more.. heh heh!

20120321182952.th.jpg

20120321182539.th.jpg

In the next 2 days, Our kitchen cabinets will be up , My WIW will be up , consoles and beams will all be up . When its done,the place will look different again ! Fingers crossed !

At Ikea, after Donny left, we bought the Billy book cases which will be the main feature of the study room ,sofa,larder shelves, solid wood table top which is meant to be our study table .was there till past 11:30 to settle the arrangement of delivery . Shag..

zz

20120321224853.th.jpg

Finally a peek at the DIY mini project done for us by Donny.. swee or what !

20120322184628.jpg

Its friday tmr ! TGIF.. nites peeps !

is this a standard laminate? i think mine is also from this book

I think the choices quite good here that's why most contractors uses this?? Mine too.

When we brought the sink back the carpenter was drilling holes for our sinks on our vanity , luckily we were there to decide where we wanted our taps.. this might sound weird but I am so loving our vanity more and more.. heh heh!

In the next 2 days, Our kitchen cabinets will be up , My WIW will be up , consoles and beams will all be up . When its done,the place will look different again ! Fingers crossed !

At Ikea, after Donny left, we bought the Billy book cases which will be the main feature of the study room ,sofa,larder shelves, solid wood table top which is meant to be our study table .was there till past 11:30 to settle the arrangement of delivery . Shag..

zz

Finally a peek at the DIY mini project done for us by Donny.. swee or what !

Its friday tmr ! TGIF.. nites peeps !

so nice lah ur donny...heee

Swee lah! I'm loving it

Yean man. We both love how he has this attitude of adopting the place as his own and does many creative hands on little things around the house.

Slowly but surely, the place is coming along nicely.

But to be really honest..both of us are starting to tire coming round the bend onto the final stretch. And to think we are only involve in our project. Can't imagine all the IDs/contractors who have to juggle a few projects at the same time. Kudos to all of them (the responsible ones of cos!)

:)

PIctures to come from Choco84! Stay tuned!

Yean man. We both love how he has this attitude of adopting the place as his own and does many creative hands on little things around the house.

Slowly but surely, the place is coming along nicely.

But to be really honest..both of us are starting to tire coming round the bend onto the final stretch. And to think we are only involve in our project. Can't imagine all the IDs/contractors who have to juggle a few projects at the same time. Kudos to all of them (the responsible ones of cos!)

:)

PIctures to come from Choco84! Stay tuned!

We understand your feelin, bro. To juggle work and home is definitely not easy. Though it is only the first week for us, both me and my hubby are feeling tired too. Plus we have to juggle school work too. Our energy is draining out very soon. Hopefully there is no hiccups in our renovation process, just like yours. Ganbatte!

meeting him today.. am really impressed with the word from fellow forummers.. good first conversation over the phone but decided to not talk details as i'd rather sit down and tell him the things i want w my low budget

meeting him today.. am really impressed with the word from fellow forummers.. good first conversation over the phone but decided to not talk details as i'd rather sit down and tell him the things i want w my low budget

Shahril, all the best for your reno man! Remember when you compare quotes with other ID firms to see exactly what was quoted. Cos the initial quote price might differ alot but the cheaper quotes might have a lot of variation orders after completion. With Donny, my VO (not including things i wanted added after the initial quote) was only +-$1k. So the final price was quite close to his quote.