Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

Hi Adidaem,

Thanks for sharing this link, the featured homes are so beautiful. :)

Glad you like the stuff.

Apart from Design Milk & Design Sponge, you can pop by Archdaily as well. They feature some great houses. E.g. one of my favs the 55 Blair Rd project (http://www.archdaily.com/32573/55-blair-road-ong-ong/)

You can also pop by Habitus (http://www.habitusliving.com/category/live/projects).

Mags I'll recommend for beautiful eye candy:

- Foreign: Dwell, Habitus (cheaper via iPad/Zinio)

- Local: Home&Decor, Form, Cubes

also to add on to what adidaem mentioned about pipings.... one wrong item in the home can destroy your theme.

k lets imagine you are into modern baroque theme.

just some examples of items that will kill your theme :

1. mama lemon

2. blue washing pail

3. plastic bag

4. and the list goes on..and on ...and on...

This really cracked me up! Especially the plastic bag! :D

But so true - can't emphasize enough how important sufficient storage space is, especially for all the stuff you will use like vacuum cleaner, pails, mop, etc that will uglify the place. Something I only realised after moving in.

hahah how true! takes a lot of discipline to keep the nicely designed house pretty! not sure if i've tt kind of discipline. :unsure:

I really don't have such discipline, which is why I realized it's good to have parties or photo shoots in the house. Really forces you to tidy the place!

No discipline to put things into nice bottles leh. A lot of effort wor...

Edited by adidaem

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I absolutely agree! Always see some nicely designed house, after move-in, there are different brands of body shampoo, bottles, all on the shower rack. :sport-smiley-004:

Suggestion - find nice bottles to fill up your toiletries

yeap... very easy to find bottles to fill it up. but no matter how we try, wife has her own facial wash and i got my own facial wash. already different.

hahah how true! takes a lot of discipline to keep the nicely designed house pretty! not sure if i've tt kind of discipline. :unsure:

have storage. throw all into it. must try not to put too much out or it will just build more and more. later got kid even worse...

dont worry adidaem, i understand the girl part perfectly.

anyways, you sharing so many links....all those who read it should be grateful to you.

design milk, design sponge. are great places to go and read.

Lakonis-5.jpg

all naise!

also to add on to what adidaem mentioned about pipings.... one wrong item in the home can destroy your theme.

tumblr_lpql7od8eG1qbrjyoo1_400.jpg

1. mama lemon

A10380_e.jpg

2. blue washing pail

2008443.51_p.jpg

3. plastic bag

Vday3.jpg

I just read this, it s so funny! you re hilarious la XTR! :lol:

Glad you like the stuff.

Apart from Design Milk & Design Sponge, you can pop by Archdaily as well. They feature some great houses. E.g. one of my favs the 55 Blair Rd project (http://www.archdaily.com/32573/55-blair-road-ong-ong/)

You can also pop by Habitus (http://www.habitusliving.com/category/live/projects).

Mags I'll recommend for beautiful eye candy:

- Foreign: Dwell, Habitus (cheaper via iPad/Zinio)

- Local: Home&Decor, Form, Cubes

Thanks so much!

design milk, design sponge. are great places to go and read.

Lakonis-5.jpg

all naise!

tumblr_lpql7od8eG1qbrjyoo1_400.jpg

1. mama lemon

A10380_e.jpg

2. blue washing pail

2008443.51_p.jpg

3. plastic bag

Vday3.jpg

Thanks XTR and adidaem for all the nice pictures and links! Really helpful. I think I should return the thread to XTR.. Sorry for hijacking ur thread ah.. :rolleyes: Next time when I start to do my reno hope you guys are still around. But it's a long way to go still.. :D:D

marigold-> no one hijacked my thread la. all just sharing their experience and thoughts. pls do share. twinkie even put a manequin pic here!

i might pop by here and there but adidaem will be around. she has been around even after her house reno completed.

Thanks XTR and adidaem for all the nice pictures and links! Really helpful. I think I should return the thread to XTR.. Sorry for hijacking ur thread ah.. :rolleyes: Next time when I start to do my reno hope you guys are still around. But it's a long way to go still.. :D:D

marigold-> no one hijacked my thread la. all just sharing their experience and thoughts. pls do share. twinkie even put a manequin pic here!

i might pop by here and there but adidaem will be around. she has been around even after her house reno completed.

Hmm, no promises... I foresee an incredibly busy Q2/Q3 at work starting soon. Enjoying my lull while I can.

But no worries lar, there are so many other experienced RT-ers around. :)

penguin posters

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

Love the Penguin posters! Where did you get them from? :dribble:

ah.... ebay! u like it :)

I like it too, it's romantic, :D you guys placed the penguin posters just next to the door of your MBR so that everytime you enter your bedroom, the words "And so we lived happily ever after" will be there to remind you . :)

I like it too, it's romantic, :D you guys placed the penguin posters just next to the door of your MBR so that everytime you enter your bedroom, the words "And so we lived happily ever after" will be there to remind you . :)

hee thanks ;)

of course thats why we chose to buy it...a nice reminder.

P5140559.jpg

AH nice! .. i do like some of your stuff..

the pop up on the left, i wont buy it but its something i dont mind seeing it closely just to understand what it is about or how it is made. wow , u can even make a play out of it using the strings!

poor cadddd. :unsure: why kena hanged like that?

better u save some of it for your own tblog ..keep some of the surprise :)

mbr sliding door with gold handles

No dont want sneak peek!! Haha!! Can't wait to see the full pictures! Your house look so nice!! And I love the penguin posters too! So sweet.. :wub::wub:

Hmm, no promises... I foresee an incredibly busy Q2/Q3 at work starting soon. Enjoying my lull while I can.

But no worries lar, there are so many other experienced RT-ers around. :)

Love the Penguin posters! Where did you get them from? :dribble:

Don't worry, Q2 & Q3 havent even got house keys. Haha.. Told u all still long way to go. I very kiasu la, still so long now already looking around. Lol. :P