Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

love the boxes! So vintage ,old school.. so much potential .. hmm must make a trip there to see if i can find anything =p Congrats by the way .. Looking forward to following ur reno journal :yamseng:

Thanks choco... the flat was done months ago. Now got time to share the experience. Yah pls do go get it...the boxes are at a quiet corner. And i find it cheap as compared to buying from stores like cat socrates that mark up such boxes by alot.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

doing some measurements for my toilet door. We will not be using pd door or glass door. Will be using nyatoh door. pics for this much much later on.

IMG_1317.jpg

Wow, can't wait to see you post the final product of the DIY wall. You must have spent a lot of time to do the DIY. Too bad our house is near the final stage, can't do cement wall, otherwise we could have done something like that.

sinks + basin + wc

I will need the forumers to help double check my prices for future purchases. While i did my walks around jalan besar, balestier and geylang, i find that all these shops will sell some items much cheaper than others while other items will be expensive. Considering proximity and pricing, I decided to buy from Poh Joo and Poh Seng separate items. Royal franco's item arent that cheap.

arino-great simple design ($350) and wash basin-keeping it large and simple from poh seng ($115).

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Edited by XTR

Wow, can't wait to see you post the final product of the DIY wall. You must have spent a lot of time to do the DIY. Too bad our house is near the final stage, can't do cement wall, otherwise we could have done something like that.

helloooo, thanks for support.

This diywas not a killer...still got another one made me lose weight. :furious:

I see you also got try to save costs here and there. Managed to save lots?

Love the sunlight into the art room :sport-smiley-003:

hwaiting~!

helloooo, thanks for support.

This diywas not a killer...still got another one made me lose weight. :furious:

I see you also got try to save costs here and there. Managed to save lots?

Love the sunlight into the art room :sport-smiley-003:

hwaiting~!

It seems like we are always topping up money when we request something from our contractor or ask him to help us do something. Everything is about $ $ $ relationship between us and him, so now is Hubby liaise with him, I don't want to step in :furious: If we can do the things ourselves, we will do it. Otherwise, I will ask my father to do. He is a handyman :thumbs up:

Awaiting for your next upload of DIY project.

Like the idea of diy brickwall! The wooden chest box as bedside table is also sthg creative... I have seen this in many home n decor blog! Love ur ideas!

Like the idea of diy brickwall! The wooden chest box as bedside table is also sthg creative... I have seen this in many home n decor blog! Love ur ideas!

thanks topsy turvy! got to save the money...then for other items that i cant find cheaper alternatives, bo pian have to buy it. Actually dont need to pay extra to carpenters to buy bedside tables. Can also go NLB annual sale and buy those hardcover books and make beside table or coffee table. And its your own personalized table.

For the top, can go ikea and buy their solid wooden top.

tumblr_lww1fnXIDN1r3cyxjo1_400.png

richard-hutton-repurposed-book-table.jpg

suddenly remembered some things i wanted to do but didnt have time. can share the idea with the rest of u.

Its not really my idea, just inspired while surfing.

with hair pin legs, u can do a lot. you can order it from ebay. there is some sites that also just sell such legs. u just need to screw to a table top or any solid tops.

319722.jpg?1329227654

diy-coffee-table-of-a-wood-plank-and-hairpin-metal-legs-1.jpg

outdoorhairpin2.jpg

reclaimed-wood-coffee-table-project1-e1325285609820.jpg

this one below is harder. saw it around for $150-200 ish.

il_fullxfull.299038342.jpg

for those who dont-want-to-buy-ikea-but-argh-its-cheapest-out-there! you can use hairpin legs to make it not ikea-ish.

below are all ikea products

flor031910.jpg

jeffdoe_hairpin_legs.jpg

3-10-plastolux2.jpg

Edited by XTR

I also plan to buy 2pairs of wooden tapered leg for the karlstad sofa to make it not so ikea-ish.. Coulnd't afford the few thousand dollars sofa! And numerar kitchen top for my study table! :D

I also plan to buy 2pairs of wooden tapered leg for the karlstad sofa to make it not so ikea-ish.. Coulnd't afford the few thousand dollars sofa! And numerar kitchen top for my study table! :D

val, make sure u buy 3 pairs for the sofa! It needs to be able to take the weight in the middle, esp if guests come and all sit and squeeze on the sofa. You got to check if the underneath has space for u to screw it in.

I popped my head under some of the ikea cupboards and some didnt have space to screw or some was just using chipboard for the base which is very weak. The karlstad series is nice except the legs. Replace with real nice legs and ppl will think your sofa is 2-3k kind :sport-smiley-004:

Good idea about the study table. the numerar top is a very good solid top. the ikea staff said only need to use olive oil for oiling. dun need to buy from them. Or best is just get Pledge spray. Can polish a lot of your surfaces for 1 item. Going for the 1.2m or 1.8m long one?