Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Joe70

Led Downlight Lobang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi rudra

Thanks for the insightful sharing! Sound abit cheem though...

Can u share the pic n size n price of the LED downlight u r ordering? I would like to get them too...

Your down lights are 12w and only 200lum????

I imported mine only around $40++ but the best part is its only using 9w but provides 700lum

If your LED is 12w with only 200lum, there is no point of doing LED for house. Normal PL bulb would be more cost efficient.

Look at this link : http://www.led-singapore.com/led-downlights-singapore-2

Worse of all your square ones, no lumen amount given. How long have you been in this business?

You seem to confuse lux with lumens. If you look at the detailed spec from the link provided, it says 750 lumens for cool white. It gives out 200 lux brightness at 1m. There are many considerations when purchasing LED products, such as the brand of the LED chip used, the driver, etc...

More than 1000 pcs of the round LED downlights have been installed in various homes in singapore, with only 2 failure which are replaced by the company as the products carry 2 years warranty.

The company does not need to defend itself as its track record of customers speak for itself.

Edited by eunice123

You seem to confuse lux with lumens. If you look at the detailed spec from the link provided, it says 750 lumens for cool white. It gives out 200 lux brightness at 1m. There are many considerations when purchasing LED products, such as the brand of the LED chip used, the driver, etc...

More than 1000 pcs of the round LED downlights have been installed in various homes in singapore, with only 2 failure which are replaced by the company as the products carry 2 years warranty.

The company does not need to defend itself as its track record of customers speak for itself.

Confused with lux with lumens? i suggest you do up some LED education : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

The whole issue here is that your downlight only provides 200lm at 1 meter but its running at 12w. My designed downlight, runs at 9w but gives 700lm after cover @ 1.2 meter. Certainly the considerations like brand of the LED chip, driver class are important. But what is the real point of using LEDs? lower wattage equal or more brightness.

Certainly the track records would show. Retailers without sound knowledge, only create like a customer i met today in the east. They have the whole house done with LEDs, but complain that the brightness is not enough. Selling is easy, but knowing what you are dealing with needs a heart.

The following was posted by a forum member in another post on the same subject:

Tried reading up as well as re-looking at the posts here. If I understand it correctly, looks like different lights for different purposes.

Lumens measures total light output (ie, measured at the light source). Lux (which is lumens per sq metre) measures illuminance (ie, measures light at the object being lighted up).

So the lumens of a lamp is a fixed number. But the further you move away from it, the lower the lux number will drop because the area covered by the light increases.

Their lamp produces 750lm with 12W, giving 62.5lm/W. This is pretty decent efficiency for LED, as far as I know.

Yours produces 700lm with 9W, giving close to 78lm/W. Pretty impressive, assuming it's not being overdriven.

Assuming that all the figures above are accurate, your lamp is more efficient but produces less light - 6% to 7% less.

But when you start measuring how objects are being lighted up, we need to look at lux. So, if at 1m, they measure 200 lux, that's taking into account the beam angle - ie, the 750lm is spread out over the area covered by the beam angle (120 degrees, which is pretty broad). If, at 1.2m, your lamp measures 700lux (you stated 700lm in your post, but I presume you meant lux, because lm measures light output at source, so distance is not a factor), it probably means that your beam angle is much narrower than theirs. Likely different lamps for different uses. A large beam angle for general lighting (like ceiling downlights) and a narrow angle for accent lighting (eg, lighting up artwork)

That's my understanding anyway. Still learning.

Many people would want to replace their PLC downlights to LED, cause of the savings from electrical bill (esp when our electrical bills are going up). However, most of the time, it takes about 1-2 years before you break even. And a common worry is that the light may spoil before they reap the electrical savings benefit.

To be sure that you save more than you spend, I've got lobang for LED downlights with 2 years onsite warranty. It's going at 4inch-9W (S$50), 5inch-15W (S$55) and 8inch-18w(S$70).

4 inch, 5 inch and 8 inch

downlight03.jpg

Photos of downlights installed at my house

downlight05.jpg

downlight04.jpg

More photos can be found at http://www.facebook.com/HouseOfChandelier?fref=ts

If interested, pm me or email me at winsonteobh@gmail.com

May I know how many LEDs in the 4 inch set? I was quoted 75 for the 4 inch and it comes with 128 LEDs.

Hi passingcloud, the 4 inch set has 9 LED. Each of them has a power rating of 1W.

The one you are quoted is using low power LED which means each LED is a lot less bright than a typical 1W LED. So, for a better comparison, brightness is more important than the number of LEDs. A 9W LED downlight like the one I recommend is equivalent to about a 70W incandescent bulb or a 15-17W energy saving(CFL) bulb.

I recommend that you see the brightness for yourself and compare the difference before buying. House of Chandlier has a residence showroom at Punggol. Contact them for an appointment to see the lights for yourself. It comes with 2 year on-site warranty as well.

just wonder if i buy lights from you, some of the lights are not working maybe few months later, do you provide one to one exchange or you will repair them?