Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Lucky mine got lift upgrading somemore four storey only. :D

Any idea how much the previous owner pay for the Lift upgrade?

Edited by TPY

I didnt touch my common toilet also ;)

cos no point saving this or that by overlaying or watever end up still a half-sone toilet - since i cant afford the $3k.

I will have two old toilet... but will change the WC..and maybe the basin

I will have two old toilet... but will change the WC..and maybe the basin

just change a new toiletbowl last mth for the undone common toilet - $130(www.genova.com.sg) + $80

basin nowadays dirt cheap - $30-$50 can get you a very nice basin liao.

just change a new toiletbowl last mth for the undone common toilet - $130(www.genova.com.sg) + $80

basin nowadays dirt cheap - $30-$50 can get you a very nice basin liao.

the previous owners already done up the tiles? Half way or all the way? I just I could save on it when I did my renovation but too bad, all the tiles already dropped off so no choice but to seek :dunno: from my bank a/c.

Wah it is a lot of saving by not renovating the toilet. but got to wait long long for HDB HIP...

BTW how much is one electricla power point and lighting point? Sorry I saw it in this forum before but could not find it.

Thanks.

Wah it is a lot of saving by not renovating the toilet. but got to wait long long for HDB HIP...

BTW how much is one electricla power point and lighting point? Sorry I saw it in this forum before but could not find it.

Thanks.

market rate

double socket = $45-$55 (includes the wires and cheapo made in china face plate)

lighting point = $25-$35

depends on contractor.

ya, best person to advise is Bro Mace...see below for what he has at home. Swee Swee hor

esaver2.jpg.

My whole house re-wiring is inside the reno package inclusive of Mit System 3 Inverter....since its in the package so we asked for many power points plus 4 telephone pts, 5 SCV points, etc. Anyway, the electrician give me the orbit orbit lau ya old fashion type :)

How I wish I got these swee swee ones then can haolian to relatives and friends ...haiz, just too bad BOH HOR HAO LIAN :notti:

Edited by hello88

My whole house re-wiring is inside the reno package inclusive of Mit System 3 Inverter....since its in the package so we asked for many power points plus 4 telephone pts, 5 SCV points, etc. Anyway, the electrician give me the orbit orbit lau ya old fashion type :)

How I wish I got these swee swee ones then can haolian to relatives and friends ...haiz, just too bad BOH HOR HAO LIAN :D

can DIY yourself - www.legrand.com.sg

go buy from the distributors - cheap cheap. $3-$10 for various faceplate.

can DIY yourself - www.legrand.com.sg

go buy from the distributors - cheap cheap. $3-$10 for various faceplate.

oh, we can DIY ar? But too much inconvenient la cos got old, young and very young at home so very difficult to do the changes. Furthermore, I not into hao-lian-ing now so the tu tu old fashion is ok with me as long as it served its purposes.

btw, u have a energy saving socket :sport-smiley-004: . U also DIY yourself :) or got electrician to do it? This gadget solely for your exhaust fan in loo ar?

oh, we can DIY ar? But too much inconvenient la cos got old, young and very young at home so very difficult to do the changes. Furthermore, I not into hao-lian-ing now so the tu tu old fashion is ok with me as long as it served its purposes.

btw, u have a energy saving socket :) . U also DIY yourself 8| or got electrician to do it? This gadget solely for your exhaust fan in loo ar?

Changing the face plate is quite easily. I got to change one of the faceplate myself as the caretaker burned one of the double socket outlet.

Just take a screw to unscrew. Of course you need to know what is the "live" -normal RED, neutral-normal brown and earthe-striped green & yellow.

BUT REMEMBER TO OFF THE MAIN MCB...before you Change.

How much is each telephone point and SCV point. I was thinking of installing Singtel MIO. does that mean I don't need to install those conventional telephone line?

Heard a lot od complain on Singtel MIO, has anyone use it before. Wanted something that has internet, mobile phone and land line.

btw, u have a energy saving socket :) . U also DIY yourself 8| or got electrician to do it? This gadget solely for your exhaust fan in loo ar?

ya, the timer is solely for exhaust fan. cos after leaving the toilet , just turn the knob(1-20mins) and it will automatically turn off by itself. so I dont have to walk all the way back to turn it off. I diy it.

Changing the face plate is quite easily. I got to change one of the faceplate myself as the caretaker burned one of the double socket outlet.

Just take a screw to unscrew. Of course you need to know what is the "live" -normal RED, neutral-normal brown and earthe-striped green & yellow.

BUT REMEMBER TO OFF THE MAIN MCB...before you Change.

How much is each telephone point and SCV point. I was thinking of installing Singtel MIO. does that mean I don't need to install those conventional telephone line?

Heard a lot od complain on Singtel MIO, has anyone use it before. Wanted something that has internet, mobile phone and land line.

telephone = $60

SCV = $90

MIO too new, same like microsoft vista - me aint gonna be their guinea pig.

Hey hey WelcomeHome,

Was just reading up on what I missed on this thread and realised that we'll be neighbours! I'm at block 142, the block of walk-up EMs just beside yours!

My place looks as retro as yours but am gonna change all that soon. ;-)

yes hacking it and making the parquet . Here goes my $3000. any reason why the staircase so expensive?

thanks for all you advise. I am going to keep the bottom cabinet. as for the wash basin area, will retile to grey as well. the whole brickwall just stay there.

Any idea on the wall tile on the balcany that is durable not afraid of rain or shine. I was thinking some very rough so that hairline crack also cannot see.

Any one has overlay the toilet tiles?

Here is the toilet and the whole house "red" colour tile.

MBRtoilet.jpg

upperstorey.jpg