Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

ya, the condition is so much better. The ones left behind by my seller can really make u puke

hey, is it true that such cabinets are done up by HDB 20 yrs ago? My seller had this and some of the neighbouring units still with 1st owner also had the same cabinets.

here is my staircase .oldstaircase.jpg

no cabinet just tiles on staircase. hmm. very ah lian....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Somemore photos....

MBR

image061rq1.th.jpg

MBR

image062gk9.th.jpg

Bathtub in MBR toilet

image063ew0.th.jpg

Bowen sec school

image064xg3.th.jpg

Balcony

image065oh6.th.jpg

Mine dun have the store under the staircase.Need to spend money to build one.

Edited by mitoev91

Somemore photos....

MBR

image061rq1.th.jpg

MBR

image062gk9.th.jpg

Bathtub in MBR toilet

image063ew0.th.jpg

Bowen sec school

image064xg3.th.jpg

Balcony

image065oh6.th.jpg

Mine dun have the store under the staircase.Need to spend money to build one.

wow, still got bathtub. U keeping it or removing it? wall tiles at balcony got mountain, water n tree somemore but overall the condition of the house not too bad leh.

here is my staircase .oldstaircase.jpg

no cabinet just tiles on staircase. hmm. very ah lian....

pink ceramic tiles? Hmmm.... really ah lian hor. So u hacking the tiles?

Edited by hello88

Wah, so many photos!:notti::rofl: :rofl:

If you plan on having kids, the kid will need something to hold when going up and down the stairs. The original railings are good and small enough for a toddler's hand to grip.

I have flamingoes in my balcony. No more budget, so close both eyes. :notti:

Hello88, think your seller made the cabinets.

Edited by Homeowner

wow, still got bathtub. U keeping it or removing it? wall tiles at balcony got mountain, water n tree somemore but overall the condition of the house not too bad leh.

pink ceramic tiles? Hmmm.... really ah lian hor. So u hacking the tiles?

yes hacking it and making the parquet . Here goes my $3000. any reason why the staircase so expensive?

thanks for all you advise. I am going to keep the bottom cabinet. as for the wash basin area, will retile to grey as well. the whole brickwall just stay there.

Any idea on the wall tile on the balcany that is durable not afraid of rain or shine. I was thinking some very rough so that hairline crack also cannot see.

Any one has overlay the toilet tiles?

Here is the toilet and the whole house "red" colour tile.

MBRtoilet.jpg

upperstorey.jpg

yes hacking it and making the parquet . Here goes my $3000. any reason why the staircase so expensive?

Any idea on the wall tile on the balcany that is durable not afraid of rain or shine. I was thinking some very rough so that hairline crack also cannot see.

staircase $3k is bcos of "FINE" workmanship - more difficult to align the wood bcos too many angles and irregular shapes.

I use kitchen wall tiles for the balcony.

for toilets, either touch it(hack+redo $3k again) or dont touch it at all.

overlaying you gonna get lots of problems later, tiles popping up machiam earthquakes, tiles dropped off.

ya parquet flooring for staircase is expensive.

Cheaper alternative will be laminate. I checked out the price recently. Ard $80 per step. So total of $1.2-1.3k.

In the end, i opted for overlaying of carpet over the staircase for only $650.

I'll prob redo the tiles only when my kids r older.

Me! I overlay the toilet tiles. BUT u have to make sure that your original tiles are not hollow. If not, soon, all the tiles will start to pop out. Get your contractor to survey for u.

ya parquet flooring for staircase is expensive.

Cheaper alternative will be laminate. I checked out the price recently. Ard $80 per step. So total of $1.2-1.3k.

In the end, i opted for overlaying of carpet over the staircase for only $650.

I'll prob redo the tiles only when my kids r older.

Me! I overlay the toilet tiles. BUT u have to make sure that your original tiles are not hollow. If not, soon, all the tiles will start to pop out. Get your contractor to survey for u.

i did laminates for staircase n bedrooms. Didnt do parquet as during that time, didnt calculate properly and also scare that parquet easily scratch. But thereafter then realised that parquet more value and lasting look. In fact, my 2nd contractor said the amount i spend for my kronotex AC5 can do burmese wooden flooring liao. Haiz

i did laminates for staircase n bedrooms. Didnt do parquet as during that time, didnt calculate properly and also scare that parquet easily scratch. But thereafter then realised that parquet more value and lasting look. In fact, my 2nd contractor said the amount i spend for my kronotex AC5 can do burmese wooden flooring liao. Haiz

I just installed parquet(one whole pcs teak wood board total around 18 pcs) for staircase, and just put top of each step only, it cost $1.8K.

I just installed parquet(one whole pcs teak wood board total around 18 pcs) for staircase, and just put top of each step only, it cost $1.8K.

install over tiles? I boh lui to re-do reno but if strike one big one in TOTO, then I'll definitely consider either to re-renovate my EM or move to another EA but the EA must be those older flats which is bigger in terms of sqm :sport-smiley-004: So now, can only dream n build castles in the air :sport-smiley-004:

install over tiles? I boh lui to re-do reno but if strike one big one in TOTO, then I'll definitely consider either to re-renovate my EM or move to another EA but the EA must be those older flats which is bigger in terms of sqm :sport-smiley-004: So now, can only dream n build castles in the air :sport-smiley-004:

pre-owner was use carpet on stair case(no tile) and quite old and dirty so we decideed install wood board on top and below side just do plastering and painting to save $. we kept wood floor for three bed rms and just re-polish. but result are no good because those joints start to get crack because air-con to make bed romm dry. Contractor will drill small hole to inject glue in it. fiant. and all savings were gone.