Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

hi frosty,

such a coincidence!!!! keke ;)

infact, this hse is really well kept and also the reno was pretty new.

that explains why i can keep my reno to minimum....now est at ard 13k instead of 16k (after cut some unnecesary stuffs)...keke ;)

ooo...ya, it's on the 4th floor...and has #4 on the unit number also. ;)

yeap, some ppl will pantang on #4 lor,...but, it's true tat in fengshui's view,...#4 is infact a good number ;)

Good Buy :deal:

So when you will be starting your reno.. or has it started??

my unit facing the main road.... ;)

ya ya, 24hrs mart just next to my blk... ;)

there's also car wash service there...keke

some time i will go to the SPC to pump petrol... next time I drop by again.. then I peek peek..hehe :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wah..tamp central are very exp siah..valuation alone around 500k & above..

Viewed a few units around that area dat time..all askin $550k & above..

:(

Wow .. Tampines is my dream area but too bad @ that point of them when I was scouting around for my new flat, I don't have that much cash power in my hands. I wonder how much COV did you pay 4 that unit?

Hi! The unit was priced at 530k.

COV owner was asking for 20k, but managed to cut it to 15k.... I still find the COV high as the condition of the house needs to be re-make again.... But due to the good location, I still bought it. :bangwall:

Hope can cut cost on reno now.... not much budget left. :(

COV owner was asking for 20k, but managed to cut it to 15k.... I still find the COV high as the condition of the house needs to be re-make again.... But due to the good location, I still bought it. :bangwall:

15k is consider moderate at this time, at least u can take loan on the val part. Taken your keys?

wah..tamp central are very exp siah..valuation alone around 500k & above..

Viewed a few units around that area dat time..all askin $550k & above..

:(

Hi!!

You are right about the valuation... My unit was valued at 515k.... COV was 15k = 530k....

My wife and I had searched the area for quite sometime but alot of owners were asking for COV 50k to 100k!!! They must be crazy.... :bleah:

In the end, saw this unit COV was within our budget and decided to take a look. Somemore it is just opposite my parent's place and my mum can help me to take care of my baby while we are working. :notti:

Initially we were quite worried as we found it strange that the owners were asking a much lower COV compared to other units. Was it a "marked" by Ah-long? Could it be haunted? Did someone died in this unit? :dunno:

In the end, we met the owners and realized they are migrating soon.... All the uneasiness feelings disappeared and I made the deal on the spot. :deal:

good location!!!!

wow,....the COV is reasonable leh....cos looking at the location and convenience,...worth it!

so, you bought it the $545k, right?

hi yunlth,

next time when you go SPC pump pertol,......then drop by lor,...hahahaha :D

:( After bringing one of the shortlisted (in fact, most interested) ID to view my resale flat, the revised quotation went up by about $4000 (ie. 20%). Plastering increased by $800, painting by $200 and he added in $1,000 for supply and erect scaffolding saying our ceiling is really high. Need to erect scaffolding, and need more plaster and paint. Total cost for painting and plastering adds up to $6,000++ !

Hmm, if that's the case, I will omit plastering and painting from the ID scope of work and find a seperate painter.

:( Windows and grilles also increase by about $1,000 becoz the height is 5ft, and not 4ft which they had estimated.

Now makes me wonder should I bring one or two more contractors to view the flat to get a more accurate quotation or not. :dunno:

good location!!!!

wow,....the COV is reasonable leh....cos looking at the location and convenience,...worth it!

so, you bought it the $545k, right?

Hi!!

It is not 545k, house valued at 515k, COV 15k = total 530k.

i too think the COV reasonable, but the condition not very good....... The previous owner never do much maintenace.... ;)

Hi!!

You are right about the valuation... My unit was valued at 515k.... COV was 15k = 530k....

My wife and I had searched the area for quite sometime but alot of owners were asking for COV 50k to 100k!!! They must be crazy.... :bleah:

In the end, saw this unit COV was within our budget and decided to take a look. Somemore it is just opposite my parent's place and my mum can help me to take care of my baby while we are working. :notti:

Initially we were quite worried as we found it strange that the owners were asking a much lower COV compared to other units. Was it a "marked" by Ah-long? Could it be haunted? Did someone died in this unit? :dunno:

In the end, we met the owners and realized they are migrating soon.... All the uneasiness feelings disappeared and I made the deal on the spot. :deal:

wow, 530k is ex but I heard Bishan also selling around this price. The resale prices at Bishan and Tampines are quite stable all these years....the demand is very much always there. Since near to your parents so u managed to get the 40k grant? btw, how much u paying per month since the flat is more than half a million.

:( After bringing one of the shortlisted (in fact, most interested) ID to view my resale flat, the revised quotation went up by about $4000 (ie. 20%). Plastering increased by $800, painting by $200 and he added in $1,000 for supply and erect scaffolding saying our ceiling is really high. Need to erect scaffolding, and need more plaster and paint. Total cost for painting and plastering adds up to $6,000++ !

Hmm, if that's the case, I will omit plastering and painting from the ID scope of work and find a seperate painter.

:( Windows and grilles also increase by about $1,000 becoz the height is 5ft, and not 4ft which they had estimated.

Now makes me wonder should I bring one or two more contractors to view the flat to get a more accurate quotation or not. :dunno:

wow, looks like your reno gonna be quite massive and wld cost big big hole in your pocket. That's the thing abt buying a big house and wanting to change this and that. Sometimes I do regret spending alot on my reno and furnishing and hope to re-do reno for certain part of the house but still waiting for $ to drop down from sky :notti:

do u really have to change the windows and grilles? or able to make do with sellers'?

plastering and rewiring very ex. Painting can outsource.

Since u still got plenty of time till collecting the keys then might as well get a few more quotes. Need not bring contractors/id to your place first since it would inconvenient your sellers. Just fax/email or hand your floor plan to them and get them to quote.

do u really have to change the windows and grilles? or able to make do with sellers'?

plastering and rewiring very ex. Painting can outsource.

Since u still got plenty of time till collecting the keys then might as well get a few more quotes. Need not bring contractors/id to your place first since it would inconvenient your sellers. Just fax/email or hand your floor plan to them and get them to quote.

Actually i not changing the windows and grilles. The bulk of windows and grilles is for the recess area. Meaning I wanna do away with one wall, put up windows and grilles so as to "expand" my living room. Other than that, add in grilles for rooms with windows but not grilles.

I'm hoping to send max at $20k for reno, excluding lightings. Not doing rewiring, not doing flooring, not doing kitchen cabinet nor toilet. Bulk of it is capentry work...

I'd about 8 quotations liao... some are much more expensive with lesser items reflected in the quotation. Anyway, may end up outsource everything w/o going thru' ID. :)

Actually i not changing the windows and grilles. The bulk of windows and grilles is for the recess area. Meaning I wanna do away with one wall, put up windows and grilles so as to "expand" my living room. Other than that, add in grilles for rooms with windows but not grilles.

I'm hoping to send max at $20k for reno, excluding lightings. Not doing rewiring, not doing flooring, not doing kitchen cabinet nor toilet. Bulk of it is capentry work...

I'd about 8 quotations liao... some are much more expensive with lesser items reflected in the quotation. Anyway, may end up outsource everything w/o going thru' ID. :)

wow....looks like u bought a good condition flat so really can cut cost on reno as reno is so so expensive nowadays. ya, if really can spare the time, y not outsource as it'll definitely be much cheaper than having to sub all the work to one id/contractor.

wow, 530k is ex but I heard Bishan also selling around this price. The resale prices at Bishan and Tampines are quite stable all these years....the demand is very much always there. Since near to your parents so u managed to get the 40k grant? btw, how much u paying per month since the flat is more than half a million.

I don't have the grant... Coz HDB said applicable to 1st time buyers buying resale flat..... :furious:

My 1st flat was at Sengkang. So not entiltled.....

As for how much I'm paying.... it is about 1k plus per month... :bath:

U might want to clarify how much psf your ID is charging for the window grills. From my info, it is around 7 to 10 psf depending on contractor or ID quote.

$1000, taking 10 psf work out to be 100 sf. I think only the balcony grill is higher but the rest of the window on ave around 4 ft. Ave balcony width is around 12ft, so only 12sf = $120 additional on balcony grills so where are the rest?????

I had been monitoring HDB Resale prices for some time and I think the lower asking COV today is partly due the increase in valuation. IMHO: There should be a property dip but it's anyone's guess when but prices will further increase in the long run (good for folks who buy to stay).

Hi!!

wah..ok..guess u gained from the sale of ur sengkang flat. COV is reasonable.

My valuation was $450k at st22,cov 30k.

which floor is ur house ah?mine on the top floor 12th,corner.

Tink my place & urs is about 10mins walk..

I had been monitoring HDB Resale prices for some time and I think the lower asking COV today is partly due the increase in valuation. IMHO: There should be a property dip but it's anyone's guess when but prices will further increase in the long run (good for folks who buy to stay).

TODAY's paper was saying resale index up due to PRs buying over HDB flat. guess valuation will still increase but COV will drop mainly coz no more en bloc.

Edited by 666