Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I have been polite in our conversation. But you have been rude and using unnecessary remark. What is your problem?

Dog's barking is a issue if it is not under control and of course it is every owner responsibilities to pick up the poo. From the way you reply to the posting,

you are telling me that you are someone that jump into conclusion without understandig the situation. You cant even tolerate a single bark from dog. You have no respect for animal at all. You like to make unnecessary personal attack which mean you cant get into a normal discussion or forum conversation.

This is truely a personal attack by the numerous of "you"s.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In reality world, there are irresponsible dog owner that allows dog's barking, In virtual forum, we do see forumner barking. Let us ignore the noisy ones, be it real or online. ;)

Hi everyone

i've just bought an EM at dakota crescent, off old airport road.

getting my keys mid november. doing reno immediately cos im getting married mid dec and moving in end of the year.

currently sourcing for contractors as IDs all quote me ard 50k to overhaul a 26-yr old flat. anyone to recommend?

wish me luck :)

Noname3.jpg

Hi DSman,

Welcome to the club. Your floor plan layout is almost exactly like mine. My EM is in Eunos. Perhaps our resale which is abt 25++ years old layout is the same.

50k for an overhaul might not be enough depending on the things which are are tearing down and the amount of carpentry work done. I have tried some IDs and contractors but is still looking around for more contractors/ IDs for better quotes. I have estimated that my overhaul could reach up to 60k+

My overhaul would mean = what u see in the house now wont be there any more.. and i mean everything.. lolz.

PM me and perhaps we can discuss this over.

Hi DSman,

Welcome to the club. Your floor plan layout is almost exactly like mine. My EM is in Eunos. Perhaps our resale which is abt 25++ years old layout is the same.

50k for an overhaul might not be enough depending on the things which are are tearing down and the amount of carpentry work done. I have tried some IDs and contractors but is still looking around for more contractors/ IDs for better quotes. I have estimated that my overhaul could reach up to 60k+

My overhaul would mean = what u see in the house now wont be there any more.. and i mean everything.. lolz.

PM me and perhaps we can discuss this over.

hi lazydevil

my fiancee and i have decided to keep the marble flooring and and the parquet.

we r overhauling the kitchen and the staircase. yes, my fiancee wants the glass railings.

we have no built in wardrobe. just tv feature wall, console n a wall feature to hide the stoor rm door.

n we changing the toilets.

for the above, i have received an average of 48k from ard 10 ids.

it's good cos we learn alot from the discussions we had with them.

we already made up our mind on what we want.

as such, we're leaning towards hiring a contractor instead of an id company.

how abt u?

we can share quotes if you wish. i have gathered some of them in an excel file.

:)

In reality world, there are irresponsible dog owner that allows dog's barking, In virtual forum, we do see forumner barking. Let us ignore the noisy ones, be it real or online. ;)

Before commenting on others, do look at self first :)

Sometimes, it is better to just cut down on comments which can aggravate things.

Just a personal opinion, it is not against the law to have pets. In fact SPCA promotes people getting pets. It is so warm to have pets around.

It is actually cruel to dispose the pet just like that. To have a pet, it is for life.

Personally I do not own pets as I am afraid of doing a disservice to the pet and not giving my commitment.

Think if someone hates pets, just keep it to yourself, unless the pet has done something to your house. Perhaps, being a neighbour, it is better to express your concerns to the owner, than to the police.

It somehow shows the friendliness of the neighbours. Btw, I think the barking of the dogs are definitely having a lower decibel than the sound of the modified cars and vehicles in Singapore.

Hi everyone

getting my keys mid november. doing reno immediately cos im getting married mid dec and moving in end of the year.

currently sourcing for contractors as IDs all quote me ard 50k to overhaul a 26-yr old flat. anyone to recommend?

Noname3.jpg

Hellos! Welcome! And looking forward to see ya reno!

Welcome to the club! :) Your layout seem quite different.

hi. thanks

apparently mine is a first generation em. first to be built. storerm,not study, on grd floor

been readg yur tblog :)

It somehow shows the friendliness of the neighbours. Btw, I think the barking of the dogs are definitely having a lower decibel than the sound of the modified cars and vehicles in Singapore.

Opps! I've got both =p but mine is not the loudest in my carpark lahh =p

okie.. i must admit, when i go out of my house, my doggy will bark at me, and at times when my neighbours are along the corridor, i will 'show' some effort trying to "talk" some sense into my dog like " aiyoh.. why u bark.. blahblahblah.."

it sound very silly lah... but need to show neighbour that i m making an effort to shut him up lor...

End up, instead of getting disagreement from them, i have recieved some compliments about my "dog-upbringing" lahh..

Need wayang a little at times bahhh...

=p

Hi everyone

Noname3.jpg

Welcome!

Your storeroom location is interesting!

Sigh...moved in less then 3 weeks got complaint liao.. Today HDB personel came down to tell us that our neighbour (DUnoe which idiot) called up HDB to say our dog very barky. Please lah, my dog doesnt talk, doesnt surf internet, doesnt do MSN or sent email and of course dun make phone calls. WHen she is alone at home and some contractors press door bell or loiter outside our doors when we are not around, dont they think she will Bark??

I probably has a idea which neighbour complaint.. cos i saw some struck up faces at our blk (only 12 units nia) so quite easy to narrow down... siazn..if cant be tolerance towards such noise or minor things, they should be staying in landed not HDB. :(

Haiz.. My hb's previous dog was super barky. People walk by also bark. Nothing also bark. But we didn't have any complains for the few yrs we stayed at the previous place. Think it's the type of neighbours u have bah. Agree that if u try to get to know them better, buy some food/cakes for them, they may be more understanding towards ur dog. hehehee, bring ur dog along to say sorry! hehehe :P Hope it works out. :)

Hi everyone

Noname3.jpg

Congrates & welcome to the club! :D Interesting layout u've got there. And u have an actual storeroom at the corner! :thumbs up:

Opps! I've got both =p but mine is not the loudest in my carpark lahh =p

okie.. i must admit, when i go out of my house, my doggy will bark at me, and at times when my neighbours are along the corridor, i will 'show' some effort trying to "talk" some sense into my dog like " aiyoh.. why u bark.. blahblahblah.."

it sound very silly lah... but need to show neighbour that i m making an effort to shut him up lor...

End up, instead of getting disagreement from them, i have recieved some compliments about my "dog-upbringing" lahh..

Need wayang a little at times bahhh...

=p

lol. :X

Urs is WRX leh. Not loud not WRX okay? lol.

No lah...what i mean is that as neighbours, we got to be tolerant. We are social animals. Thus, i feel that it is kinda inappropriate to advice pet owners to give up the pets just for the sake of neighbours.

As pet owners, it is the responsibility to commit the pets throughout its life.

Of course, pet owners got to try their best to train the pets to minimise the inconvenience of others. I believe that if just4this can train his/her dog not to bark, he/she definitely will. :) Just a wild imagination, if just4this can teach the dog to speak human language, he/she would love to also.

Come to think of it, if a dog does not bark, and keep strangers away, who will? :) I emphasise the word 'and'

hi lazydevil

my fiancee and i have decided to keep the marble flooring and and the parquet.

we r overhauling the kitchen and the staircase. yes, my fiancee wants the glass railings.

we have no built in wardrobe. just tv feature wall, console n a wall feature to hide the stoor rm door.

n we changing the toilets.

for the above, i have received an average of 48k from ard 10 ids.

it's good cos we learn alot from the discussions we had with them.

we already made up our mind on what we want.

as such, we're leaning towards hiring a contractor instead of an id company.

how abt u?

we can share quotes if you wish. i have gathered some of them in an excel file.

:)

I had done up my EM, job wise quite similar, so 48k quote from IDs are consider reasonable. Your glass railing is going to cos u.

..what i mean is that as neighbours, we got to be tolerant. We are social animals.

Come to think of it, if a dog does not bark, and keep strangers away, who will? :) I emphasise the word 'and'

Truly agree. Living in a gracious society, we have to be tolerant towards people around us.

HDB says must refrain your dog from excessive barking but they did not defined excessive barking. How to measure? Tolerance level differ depends on individual.

Well being neighbor, we need to learn how to live with each other in harmony.

Today is Racial Harmony Day.

Oh yes, i have got a mini schnauzer, muffin bark but not the loudest in the neighborhood.

Edited by chronograph

Dear All,

I just bought an EM @ Clementi, 23 years old, well-maintained unit. 150 sq m, but it isn't a corner unit. Not doing any renovation work as the recent renovation was done 5 years back and it was well done. Not 100% to my taste, but the condition is too good to redo. Bought at valuation, though price is still high.... moving in Oct.

I'm converting the dining area to a study area with two L-shaped tables - will be using the area outside the kitchen as the dining area.

Thanks for all the tips received on this thread.

Best regards