Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paloma

Project Punggol Breeze

IMG_0513.jpg

Black mosaic tiles to join our kitchen and living room tiles

IMG_0512.jpg

White tiles and black grout

I really like ur black mosaic !! now I regret not hacking my floor as well..

White tiles with black grout line.. Cool !! Can't wait to see more~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Paloma, I was just thinking of doing a brick wall like this myself...can you share where you bought the craftstones & how much it cost for the master room?

Also, appreciate if u or Pinkwhale can pm me the contractor's contact. :)

IMG_0508.jpg

The washing machine ledge in the service yard

IMG_0507.jpg

Citygas heater

IMG_0495.jpg

Shower kerb

Looking at your kitchen remind me of my home coz that stupid louvre window

Btw bro how your gas pipe run to your city gas heater??I hav arrange for city gas tech to survey as my water may cross line with gas pipe :o

No prob.. I'm so excited to see the progress of ur house and the similarity in our taste. So I'm more than happy to share the contact with u. Ah.. I'm not afraid of mess, I go up to my site very often cos I like to see the step by step progress and I miss those tilers especially the boss.. Shy but very hardworking guys.. Are they still there at ur place? Bet they finished all the job already right?

Ah so u r the wifey.. So u research he co-ordinate? Well done !!

Mr.K told me he is a photographer, And he said probably ur home is part of the studio? So I asked Mr.K to introduce la maybe I can engage ur hubby to help me with my future pregnancy pics haha.. I want to take with the red brick wall !!

We monitor our progress very closely too. It's quite amazing to see how the house changes everyday! Oh haha, are you referring to Ah Meng and Ah Hua? Yes, they are very good at what they do, and they even come on weekends and public holidays to finish the job. I think they are still at our place. You can come to visit them if you wish :)

The ideas for the house is mostly from my fiance. He's definitely the creative one and has a better sense of design! We are also preparing for our wedding next month so it helps that he looks after the home reno and me the wedding. :)

Oh actually he's a newspaper photographer. I'm the one who's working from home, but I'm not a photographer! :)

I really like ur black mosaic !! now I regret not hacking my floor as well..

White tiles with black grout line.. Cool !! Can't wait to see more~

Oh actually we didn't hack our floor, that'll be too costly! The black mosaic is just to join the kitchen and living room tiles as there were bare patches after the kitchen wall was hacked.

Looking at your kitchen remind me of my home coz that stupid louvre window

Btw bro how your gas pipe run to your city gas heater??I hav arrange for city gas tech to survey as my water may cross line with gas pipe :o

Hi Casa, I didn't know this can happen (water pipe crossing with gas pipe). The gas pipe runs from my kitchen to the service yard and we are planning to use trunking to cover it since our wall is white and won't be too obvious. We have not installed the water pipes to the toilet yet so not sure if we'll run into a similar problem as yours. :unsure:

Actually, we are okay with the lourve window, we prefer more light in! Why don't you like yours?

Hi Paloma, I was just thinking of doing a brick wall like this myself...can you share where you bought the craftstones & how much it cost for the master room?

Also, appreciate if u or Pinkwhale can pm me the contractor's contact. :)

Hi OnTheRoad, our contractor brought us to an industrial area in Eunos to buy the craftstones. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact address but if you are keen, I can ask my contractor. We were charged $1,500 for the 8ft wall, inclusive of labour work and the stones.

We monitor our progress very closely too. It's quite amazing to see how the house changes everyday! Oh haha, are you referring to Ah Meng and Ah Hua? Yes, they are very good at what they do, and they even come on weekends and public holidays to finish the job. I think they are still at our place. You can come to visit them if you wish :)

The ideas for the house is mostly from my fiance. He's definitely the creative one and has a better sense of design! We are also preparing for our wedding next month so it helps that he looks after the home reno and me the wedding. :)

Oh actually he's a newspaper photographer. I'm the one who's working from home, but I'm not a photographer! :)

Haha I miss ah Meng the most la.. He very cute and very hardworking and yup they work even on public holidays.. Make me super paiseh. Ah hua very quiet one so never tall much with him.. There is one ah tiong, but heard he no more working with the team? That guy also very crappy one and my kitchen whole countertop is done by him. That ah tiong is the one who do up ur kitchen leg as per ur photos..

Aiyo now weekdays le I seldom go up.. By weekend probably they gone liao. They drink the most coffee from me haha...

Congratulation on the coming wedding.. Must be so busy and excited at the same time.

Oh he is a press photographer.. Interesting !!

Oh actually we didn't hack our floor, that'll be too costly! The black mosaic is just to join the kitchen and living room tiles as there were bare patches after the kitchen wall was hacked.

Ya that time I choose to hack half wall for the kitchen to avoid impacting the floor but now seeing ur work.. I feel it's nice to do something to the floor too.. But urs is nice becos ur kitchen flooring is white too so super nice to have the black mosaic as contrast.. Mine is ugly brown kitchen flooring yucks...

Hi OnTheRoad, our contractor brought us to an industrial area in Eunos to buy the craftstones. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact address but if you are keen, I can ask my contractor. We were charged $1,500 for the 8ft wall, inclusive of labour work and the stones.

Hi Paloma, yes if u don't mind can pm me the shop name & address when u can? Also ur contractor's contact...tks!

I am loving urs & pinkwhale's house designs & wish I can be as creative & courageous! :)

Hi Casa, I didn't know this can happen (water pipe crossing with gas pipe). The gas pipe runs from my kitchen to the service yard and we are planning to use trunking to cover it since our wall is white and won't be too obvious. We have not installed the water pipes to the toilet yet so not sure if we'll run into a similar problem as yours. :unsure:

Actually, we are okay with the lourve window, we prefer more light in! Why don't you like yours?

Coz my water pipes R conseal and the gas pipe running to gas hearter have litte space that's Y I m so afaraid of pipe crossing as my Plumber came he c liao aslo shake head :jawdrop:

Tmr city gas tech will be coming over to discuss c how the pipe run hope it won't cros like MRT system

Hi Paloma, yes if u don't mind can pm me the shop name & address when u can? Also ur contractor's contact...tks!

I am loving urs & pinkwhale's house designs & wish I can be as creative & courageous! :)

Hi, I pm-ed you my contractor's contact, did you receive it? By the way, I've checked with my contractor about the craftstone shop. It's actually a factory place, and he sort of said they don't entertain walk-in customers. In other words, you have to be brought there by your contractor. I'm not sure how true this is though. If you are looking for shops, I suggest you can go to Balestier. I've seens some shops there that sell craftstones similar to mine. Otherwise, you can consider engaging my contractor to do your wall. He's very on the ball. :)

Thanks for liking our houses. Actually it's too early to say how it'll turn out, but we are hoping for the best. I'm sure your reno will turn out well too. :)

Edited by paloma

Coz my water pipes R conseal and the gas pipe running to gas hearter have litte space that's Y I m so afaraid of pipe crossing as my Plumber came he c liao aslo shake head :jawdrop:

Tmr city gas tech will be coming over to discuss c how the pipe run hope it won't cros like MRT system

Oh I see, do let me know how it develops, in case I face the same problem later on. :)

Renovation took centrestage of my life this week. Not only was the new house being renovated, my current (parents') home also underwent a mini makeover. The walls were given a fresh coat of paint, in view of my upcoming wedding! This was my mother's idea, and I just rolled along with it. I like how it turned out, although the aftermath cleaning was quite dreadful. I'm also not looking forward to the cleanup after my own house renovation! :P

The last two weeks of renovation has been an eye-opener for me and my fiance. This being our first home, it has been a steep learning curve for us. But as the work progresses, we hope we are finding our footing, and flip-flopping less on our decisions! One thing is for sure, we definitely have new found respect for renovation workers, having seen how demanding, tough and dirty their job can be. We try our best to be kind and friendly to them, and to show respect for their professional skills.

Today, two workers from Gain City came to our place to install the Hitachi aircon units we bought. Our contractor also brought in some workers to fix up our lightbox and do some miscellaneous wiring.

Looks like our house is slowly taking shape. :)

7118941399_e3fdec0539.jpg

Does the lamp fit our kitchen?

7118941477_9ec40211c4.jpg

Any reviews on the Hitachi aircon?

7118936329_5c9d09b696.jpg

Very fat tubings for the aircon pipe

Edited by paloma

Day 13

6973002150_2b692455d8.jpg

Patching up the walls

7119082047_8420981a9f.jpg

Sealing up one of the bomb shelter vent holes