Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

hi,I like your BS door.

May i know where can i get this type of so called "chalkboard paint"

& did you paint the door by yourself? :yamseng:

tks

Our contractor painted it for us..we bought it from art friend..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello! Nice renovation... Can you kindly pm me K's contact? I'm sourcing for ID/contractors to do my kitchen. Thanks!

Hi itsy, your blog has been amazing.

How did you find this mr k in the first place and do pls send me his contact.

We were about to sign w an Id, but for some reason could not bring ourselves to do it.

Could you tell me your total cost for works w mr k?

Our Id quoted us about 4500 for tiles of a balcony, kitchen and store room...

Anyway, can't you take your bad carpenters to small claims court?

Just a thought...

Some bad eggs really get away w their bad deeds unscathed!!

Hi again itsy,

Just found your thread w all the info about mr k and summary of your quotes and costs, it was a good read!

Sorry not to have seen it earlier and ask the questions again.

But do send me his contact.

All the best to your new home.

Hi all, been following all the talk on this thread and it seems v genuine w no advertorials(!)

So hope someone can help share their experience if anyone has done a fengshui audit before Reno start.

If not appropriate to discuss on this thread, pls feel free to PM me, many thanks!

Hi all, been following all the talk on this thread and it seems v genuine w no advertorials(!)

So hope someone can help share their experience if anyone has done a fengshui audit before Reno start.

If not appropriate to discuss on this thread, pls feel free to PM me, many thanks!

hi critter

I have done fengshui audit before renovation, package is $688, do lots of stuffs regards of fengshui layout, even seal up my kitchen entrance as my kitchen facing the main door is no good, custom make a mirror in the living room,cannot put shoes higher than your head at the shoe cabinet, buy stuffs at bencoolen centre there. still have more other than that.

Edited by lady081980

Thanks for your tips re shoes etc, lady1980

You mean you had to hack a new door into kitchen?

Main thing is, was it effective?

We just read about this former who used a v good fs man, and struck 4d, this is the kind of stuff that smells like a honey trap, but then again when you hear success stories, it makes you want to benefit in the same way too....

If it helped you pls PM me the fs contact. But I am reluctant to go buy the expensive talismans!

On the subject of mr K I am assuming that he must be vvvv busy coz so many ppl here asking for contact

As for the start of my Reno journey, I met the guy from woodmac today who does all things timber, and he was v v nice and pleasant, now waiting for their quote.

Hi itsy, your blog has been amazing.

How did you find this mr k in the first place and do pls send me his contact.

We were about to sign w an Id, but for some reason could not bring ourselves to do it.

Could you tell me your total cost for works w mr k?

Our Id quoted us about 4500 for tiles of a balcony, kitchen and store room...

Anyway, can't you take your bad carpenters to small claims court?

Just a thought...

Some bad eggs really get away w their bad deeds unscathed!!

we got to know him from other renoblogs - pinkwhale and paloma and has visited both their place, talked to them about renovation and Mr K before deciding on him..for one, we love all his projects..most importantly we feel comfortable with him..and seeing that he's still on good terms with his customers say a lot about him..

IDs are generally more expensive..but Mr K is slightly above market rate for contractors though cheaper than other ID quotes..workmanship and attitude wise was pretty good, not much of complaints..

hi critter

I have done fengshui audit before renovation, package is $688, do lots of stuffs regards of fengshui layout, even seal up my kitchen entrance as my kitchen facing the main door is no good, custom make a mirror in the living room,cannot put shoes higher than your head at the shoe cabinet, buy stuffs at bencoolen centre there. still have more other than that.

we did not get fengshui master in, mainly because i already have ideas for my home..but i personally do believe in avoiding some taboo like no mirror or window facing bed, position of study table, no mirrors or photos facing corridor..however, i my front door faces kitchen window and i do know that it's not particularly good and i did not want to build a partition to block the airflow and light..we added a crystal light at the entrance and plant near the window to 'rectify' it instead.. :P

Thanks for your tips re shoes etc, lady1980

You mean you had to hack a new door into kitchen?

Main thing is, was it effective?

We just read about this former who used a v good fs man, and struck 4d, this is the kind of stuff that smells like a honey trap, but then again when you hear success stories, it makes you want to benefit in the same way If it helped you pls PM me the fs contact. But I am reluctant to go buy the expensive talismans!

On the subject of mr K I am assuming that he must be vvvv busy coz so many ppl here asking for contact

As for the start of my Reno journey, I met the guy from woodmac today who does all things timber, and he was v v nice and pleasant, now waiting for their quote.

Ya we did hack a new entrance into kitchen, the entrance that seal up we put shoe cabinet cum display cabinet. if it help will post here.

Edited by lady081980

Thanks all to the replies and ideas.

Anyone engaging outside cleaners to clean before moving in?

I am fussy sort and prefer to do my own, but... it does feel tempting to get one layer of dirt cleaned off and then I can clean once more.

Or is the contractor's chemical wash good enough?

Thanks all to the replies and ideas.

Anyone engaging outside cleaners to clean before moving in?

I am fussy sort and prefer to do my own, but... it does feel tempting to get one layer of dirt cleaned off and then I can clean once more.

Or is the contractor's chemical wash good enough?

We did get another cleaner in to clean after chemical wash..it's really dirty, especially the windows and inside the carpentry..cleaning all corners in carpentry is already hard work..chemical wash would only clean your floors and some general cleaning..

Hi theitsybits

Have been a silent reader all these while and i must say, i really love your house!

I am currently searching for a contractor/ ID and would appreciate if you could provide me with Mr K's contacts. Thank you v much!

i forgot to mention alittle trivial which i wanted to share..

Mr K brought pinkwhale to visit my place last Saturday, and we were slightly late while they let themselves in..and when I arrived, Mr K was near the entrance, sweeping my floor :jawdrop: very embarrassing, because i haven't swept my floor at all since my husband insisted on cleaning up only after all works are done.. ;) i kept telling him to stop sweeping, i cannot afford to pay him for sweeping my floor!

still very thankful to have him do up my place..he's always beaming with pride when he shares his project pictures, and he really takes pride in his work..he refers to his potential customers as 'guests'..he never fails to call back or reply all our questions, and trust me, we've quite abit of questions!

no, i'm not paid to advertise for him, and i've paid him quite abit of money instead.. :P many thanks to pinkwhale for sharing and recommending her contractor! :thumbs up:

Hi there, love ur reno journey....

Read up all ur posts...

And fine house u have there....

Since mr k is a contractor...du u mind pm/email me his contact no?

Ive to go with a contractor rather than id...sine its a bit cheaper this way...

Seriously budget constraint....