Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow u've lots of great ideas for you place.. =)

is color your priority for flooring? what about other factors like the feel when you step on it or maintenance? i personally do not like the hollow feel of laminate and it's not as lasting, esp at the edges..so in terms of preference and cost, i probably wouldn't change them..a good polish will have them look as good as new..

but if your priority is color, to complete your ideal look, then change them!

Parquet flooring is expensive and long lasting unlike laminates

Don't waste the $$ just give the parquet a polish to retsore its shine :dribble:

:yamseng:

Don't waste the $$ just give the parquet a polish to retsore its shine :dribble:

Yep i also replolisehd And vanished mine but into a darker colour.

The feel of laminate and parquet is really different which I prefer the latter

Hi whitehousey, are you also staying at Tampines or Dakota area?

Corridor is wide? Ha .. not sure about it, but I like the corridor ~ can hang some pictures or decorative stuffs on the walls.

Yeah, we aware on the 2 big pipes .. we going to fabricate a full height cabinet to box-up these 2 pipes. The cabinet must be able to access to the pipes in case of future pipe leaking issues ..

The idea will be something like this (I filtered the real picture using photoshop as the owners still staying there, seems not so good to put the actual pic) :

1343897468-3557572941.jpg

We have the same plan for the corridor too! Still have yet to choose the perfect picture for it though. :paint:

And to help you with your space planning, here's my service balcony with the pipes boxed up.

We didn't opt for the cabinet access to the pipes so we may have a problem in the future if it leaks.. *Fingers crossed!*

I definitely do like the space to do the laundry. :sport-smiley-018:

49507a5b.jpg

f199eb0c.jpg

We have the same plan for the corridor too! Still have yet to choose the perfect picture for it though. :paint:

And to help you with your space planning, here's my service balcony with the pipes boxed up.

We didn't opt for the cabinet access to the pipes so we may have a problem in the future if it leaks.. *Fingers crossed!*

49507a5b.jpg

f199eb0c.jpg

Hi there, what is the purpose of that small space with a curp beside your washing machine?

Hi there, what is the purpose of that small space with a curp beside your washing machine?

Hey EoneKhaled,

It's a little wash area. :)

0e979928.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread eekenji.

choose what you like if you have the budget...

Welcome to my t-blog, crypaz ~ how's your reno progress?

wow u've lots of great ideas for you place.. =)

is color your priority for flooring? what about other factors like the feel when you step on it or maintenance? i personally do not like the hollow feel of laminate and it's not as lasting, esp at the edges..so in terms of preference and cost, i probably wouldn't change them..a good polish will have them look as good as new..

but if your priority is color, to complete your ideal look, then change them!

Yep i also replolisehd And vanished mine but into a darker colour.

The feel of laminate and parquet is really different which I prefer the latter

i wld vote for parquet! :) too bad i dun have the $$ to do it.

theitsybits, casa, Gazingstarz & star70, thanks for all of your advices ~

Last night we went to discuss with one of the ID and saw the parquet flooring at her place, looked nice. She said the color can be lighter after vanished .. so we have decided to remain as current parquet flooring.

So far have met 7 IDs .. 2 from Expo (both not good), 5 from our shortlisted list. Too tired on the process, have cancelled all the new appts we made with other IDs and decided last night ID will be the last ID that we meet.

Both of us like the last ID very much .. hope her quotation can meet our budget, wish to work with her ~

Hi whitehousey, thanks of sharing the pic with pipes boxed up, this gave us the idea that it is feasible to be done ~

I also wish to have space for laundry if there is another room .. we are too greedy to use up all the spaces in the house, playroom & study room are important to us.

Now is praying that the wall between MBR and service balcony can be hacked .. still haven't checked with HDB officer.

Hey EoneKhaled,

It's a little wash area. :)

Sorry to hijack your thread eekenji.

Hehe .. next time will hijack your thread (kidding ;) )

Hi whitehousey, after saw your kitchen .. decided to change our kitchen layout as well, like how your kitchen look. Without top cabinet and full height cabinets, the kitchen looked very open space. Hope that the new layout can reduce our reno cost ... we received few quotes and all are over our budgets ~ sigh ...

1344172047-557135503.jpg

Proposal give to ID / contractor on how to do for our future foyer ~ mainly is carpentry works.

- Design & fabricate full height shoe cabinet in laminates and wood moldings.

- Design & fabricate settee with storage/cushion in laminates and wood moldings.

1344175564-322393841.jpg

Edited by eekenji

I like your new plan even more!

Yes this kitchen layout really opens up the living and makes it very inviting for guest.

Looks like I'll have to charge you an ID fee now... :notti:

You can check out another reno blog with a similar layout at "my home town.sg" by Wordsworth

FlatLayout-Electrical112911.jpg

Hi whitehousey, after saw your kitchen .. decided to change our kitchen layout as well, like how your kitchen look. Without top cabinet and full height cabinets, the kitchen looked very open space. Hope that the new layout can reduce our reno cost ... we received few quotes and all are over our budgets ~ sigh ...

1344172047-557135503.jpg

I like your new plan even more!

Yes this kitchen layout really opens up the living and makes it very inviting for guest.

Looks like I'll have to charge you an ID fee now... :notti:

You can check out another reno blog with a similar layout at "my home town.sg" by Wordsworth

FlatLayout-Electrical112911.jpg

Haha, don't mind treat you a drink ~ whitehousey.

Yeah, I read that thread before I bought our unit (that time already confirmed that we will only buy the unit with this floor plan, so we have been looking for 2 months) .. I like their jobs as SOHO ~ and they put their dining at the balcony area, quite special ...

Haha, don't mind treat you a drink ~ whitehousey.

Yeah, I read that thread before I bought our unit (that time already confirmed that we will only buy the unit with this floor plan, so we have been looking for 2 months) .. I like their jobs as SOHO ~ and they put their dining at the balcony area, quite special ...

Oh, so you were looking for this specific floor plan.

I had a different route..

We were looking for a specific area, near mountbattern MRT, and just kept viewing units until we found a floor plan that we loved. :thumbs up: