Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

1. You house has got very good lights coming from many sides. The TV wall at the passageway will cut off some lights going to the passage way. You may use a short TV wall to still allow light from the living room to go thru.

2. You may consider to run mosic tiles instead of marbles at the opening of the kitchen. This will demark the kitchen area and avoid the concern mentioned. And if kitchen tiles are in good condition, you can even keep them.

Leave the balcony grill (instead of blocking out with wood panels) as this will allow natural light into your house.

Hi matrix0405,

1. My house is low floor, not very bright, need to switch on the light in dining and kitchen even during daytime. I'll consider your advice to make a low tv wall, or probably half glass? Will need to check with some Id or contractor for opinion, or just to ignore the beam, push the sofa nearner to the balcony so that my tv wall won't be so awkward.

2. You mean the open kitchen using mosaic tiles while the wet kitchen after my glass sliding door will be another material? My current kitchen tiles is very old fashion and ugly one, won't keep them. I'm thinking whether can lay the new marble at the dry kitchen area and polish the old marble to make the color as close as possible. Or, to lay a homogenous that very close design with my marble so that it won't look very obvious.

Hdb definitely won't allow to change the balcony grill, I'll lay the woody tiles on the floor at the balcony only.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

barcadibreezer - what's that white box with the X, just beside your door?

I thought all the 5rm layouts in our block is identical? (My floor plan's in my thread here)

barcadibreezer - what's that white box with the X, just beside your door?

I thought all the 5rm layouts in our block is identical? (My floor plan's in my thread here)

Hi tessina, let me help barcadibreezer to reply .. the white box is lift.

For you and me, we have totally the same floor plan but barcadibreezer has slightly different floor plan. Here's the example of block 7xx : white color is our unit layout while blue color is barcadibreezer unit layout.

1346826920-2124287718.jpg

There are 2 types of 5i in blk 7xx .. both are about the same size of 120sqm but slightly different layout designs .. barcadibreezer has a storeroom between MBR and bedroom 2 while our storeroom is inside the kitchen.

Saw your t-blog .. you have huge WIW ~ envy.

Hi eekenji,

Thanks for the compliment, I not only feel proud and fun but don't feel it's worth to pay so much to the ID to draw the layout plan for me... Now, even my 7 yo girl is designing her own dream house now using floor planner.

Ya, I prefer design 1 too, look more spacious, as for the advice to swap the tv and sofa, I did consider it before but the problem will be, ppl can see us lying on the sofa from my main door, my house is just next to the lift, sitting in front of the main door is definitely worse than looking at the passageway right? Haiz... Headache, maybe have to follow your advice, not to sit too long under the beam. Anyway, I'm doing false ceiling to box up the beam, after boxing up, it will not look like sitting under the beam, only psychologically you'll feel so.

Hi barcadibreezer .. haha, our 3D is the simple one .. ID can do better , e.g. they can include the furniture you bought inside the 3D drawing, looked more real compared to ours :P

Not sure if there is still any fengshui effect after box-up the beam .. I hope no, may be I will box-up our beam as well, hehe ..

Hi matrix0405,

1. My house is low floor, not very bright, need to switch on the light in dining and kitchen even during daytime. I'll consider your advice to make a low tv wall, or probably half glass? Will need to check with some Id or contractor for opinion, or just to ignore the beam, push the sofa nearner to the balcony so that my tv wall won't be so awkward.

2. You mean the open kitchen using mosaic tiles while the wet kitchen after my glass sliding door will be another material? My current kitchen tiles is very old fashion and ugly one, won't keep them. I'm thinking whether can lay the new marble at the dry kitchen area and polish the old marble to make the color as close as possible. Or, to lay a homogenous that very close design with my marble so that it won't look very obvious.

Hdb definitely won't allow to change the balcony grill, I'll lay the woody tiles on the floor at the balcony only.

1. If the house is not very bright, putting the TV wall there would make the house darker and smaller. Maybe position TV like yr earlier drawing and position bar seats along the walkway, so can eat and watch TV at the same time. Balcony light will be coming in from your left and your kids can even study there. For the beam, maybe can box up or hide it behind a light curtain, to soften it.

2. Lay homo tiles that looks like marble for the kitchen is a good idea. It will make your kitchen look bigger and brighter.

Hi Eekenji,

Nice layout for your new place.

My place has 80% similarity with your housing layout except the Kitchen & Service Balcony.

For my living room, was pondering about what to do with the Balcony until saw yours which reduce the balcony and add a platform on it.

For my Study, would be putting partition wall with glass screen on top, that to prevent my kids from using toys to knock on the glass. Safety concern.

My two other bedroom have this recess window, which would be follow your style of bay window cabinet.

Hope you ain't charging copyright!! :)

Noted that you don't have a storeroom, which I would recommend a need for toiletries stuffs, diapers; many parent buy a lot whenever there is discount for your baby.

I'm engaging contractor to do.

See @ http://1000miles.multiply.com/photos/album/31/Executive-Apartment-Bukit-Panjang

Hope to see your latest posting soon!

Hi Eekenji,

Nice layout for your new place.

My place has 80% similarity with your housing layout except the Kitchen & Service Balcony.

For my living room, was pondering about what to do with the Balcony until saw yours which reduce the balcony and add a platform on it.

For my Study, would be putting partition wall with glass screen on top, that to prevent my kids from using toys to knock on the glass. Safety concern.

My two other bedroom have this recess window, which would be follow your style of bay window cabinet.

Hope you ain't charging copyright!! :)

Noted that you don't have a storeroom, which I would recommend a need for toiletries stuffs, diapers; many parent buy a lot whenever there is discount for your baby.

I'm engaging contractor to do.

See @ http://1000miles.multiply.com/photos/album/31/Executive-Apartment-Bukit-Panjang

Hope to see your latest posting soon!

Hi 1000miles, nice to meet you .. Noticed that you also staying at Bedok now, probably we met before :P Wonder how much do you sell your 4A Bedok house, Bedok has good selling price : )

Your EA is big and you can do many things ... are you going to create a T-blog? Looking forward to see your plans ... sometimes I also wondering if the end result of having platform beside balcony, glass window partition playroom and bay window recess cabinet will turn out good. Our reno will only start end of next month ... feel that time passed really slow.

My husband didn't like to have storeroom, so we will try to store our toiletries stuffs and diapers etc in those cabinets we have ... window recess cabinets we have about 4, and we also plan to use the platform as one of the storage area (have yet to chk with our carpenter). Next time I will share the carpentry works we plan to do ~

Saw you choose OPSH as your wardrobe contractor, how is their price?

Hi 1000miles, nice to meet you .. Noticed that you also staying at Bedok now, probably we met before :P Wonder how much do you sell your 4A Bedok house, Bedok has good selling price : )

Your EA is big and you can do many things ... are you going to create a T-blog? Looking forward to see your plans ... sometimes I also wondering if the end result of having platform beside balcony, glass window partition playroom and bay window recess cabinet will turn out good. Our reno will only start end of next month ... feel that time passed really slow.

My husband didn't like to have storeroom, so we will try to store our toiletries stuffs and diapers etc in those cabinets we have ... window recess cabinets we have about 4, and we also plan to use the platform as one of the storage area (have yet to chk with our carpenter). Next time I will share the carpentry works we plan to do ~

Saw you choose OPSH as your wardrobe contractor, how is their price?

Hi Eekenji,

I wasn't intending to take a EA initially, probably 4room or 5room unit near to Bukit Panjang Plaza. A good deal came along for this EA which can't say no to it. I will PM the selling price of my place, you be amazed!

Upgrading from 4NG of 92sqm to EA of 132sqm means more tasks for 2 of us to clean, hence we designing our layout based on simplicity with easy cleaning as priority.

I booked OPSH as my wardrobe contractor last sat at EXPO, First 5ft @ 1500, sequence @ 250/ft inclusive of GST. I checked on forum and that the offer price is same as during exhibition. A change from using normal type of wardrobe due my place wardrobe wooden partition wall turning yellowish and some part mouldy despite putting Thirsty Hippo and moth ball.

My current storeroom is fully packed, so definitely need a bigger storeroom or place to stuff. New place is bomb shelter so no choice in the location.

Hi Eekenji,

I wasn't intending to take a EA initially, probably 4room or 5room unit near to Bukit Panjang Plaza. A good deal came along for this EA which can't say no to it. I will PM the selling price of my place, you be amazed!

Upgrading from 4NG of 92sqm to EA of 132sqm means more tasks for 2 of us to clean, hence we designing our layout based on simplicity with easy cleaning as priority.

I booked OPSH as my wardrobe contractor last sat at EXPO, First 5ft @ 1500, sequence @ 250/ft inclusive of GST. I checked on forum and that the offer price is same as during exhibition. A change from using normal type of wardrobe due my place wardrobe wooden partition wall turning yellowish and some part mouldy despite putting Thirsty Hippo and moth ball.

My current storeroom is fully packed, so definitely need a bigger storeroom or place to stuff. New place is bomb shelter so no choice in the location.

Hi 1000miles, saw your pm ... really amazed !

With the COV, you can do a lot for your reno ~ looking forward to see your ideas ...

Hmm ... think I will just use Ikea stolmen system for our WIW, need to save some ..

Here's the list of items I intended to ask our carpenter to do, also will give him the example pics that I want to achieve.

- total around 13 items, I have indicated the numbering in our floor plan layout :

1347974333-1658214203.jpg

1347974333-3440194242.jpg

1347974333-3491841340.jpg

Yet to meet him to discuss, hope everything will be fine ~

Edited by eekenji

Hi eekenji,

Actually your layout is so much bigger than mine, at least u can have the luxury to use the study room as playroom, i have to sacrifice my study to become dining. I like your idea of making a settee cum cabinet for the recess under the window, but due to budget constraint, i think i'll just leave all my recess open now, do it later part when I move in, anyway, it's just carpentry work, should be alright.

Just want to share with u my latest layout plan, I'll hack away the store room and move it over to the living hall, do a full height cabinet with mirror to cover the entrance, make it like a feature wall... by doing this, i can have a 'real' walk in wardrobe and better position for my bed as well. what do you all think?

btw, my completion is in end oct, need to confirm my reno soon. I contacted mr. K but he told me his price is not cheaper than ID, and he has tight schedule also, i probably will go with my ID from Orange C or another ID from Sky C

My own drawing:

design-6.jpg

3D drawing from my ID:

Blk71603-166TampinesSt71_living.jpg

Hi Eekenji,

One question on your spacing between sofa and counterbar, would the spacing a bit too small?

Or is intended so that in future when you put a stool or so, your kid cannot run to Living/dinning.

Hi eekenji,

Actually your layout is so much bigger than mine, at least u can have the luxury to use the study room as playroom, i have to sacrifice my study to become dining. I like your idea of making a settee cum cabinet for the recess under the window, but due to budget constraint, i think i'll just leave all my recess open now, do it later part when I move in, anyway, it's just carpentry work, should be alright.

Just want to share with u my latest layout plan, I'll hack away the store room and move it over to the living hall, do a full height cabinet with mirror to cover the entrance, make it like a feature wall... by doing this, i can have a 'real' walk in wardrobe and better position for my bed as well. what do you all think?

btw, my completion is in end oct, need to confirm my reno soon. I contacted mr. K but he told me his price is not cheaper than ID, and he has tight schedule also, i probably will go with my ID from Orange C or another ID from Sky C

Hi barcadibreezer, actually our floor size is the same, around 120sqm ... yours is 13100x10600 while mine is 12750x10100.

Agreed, actually some of the carpentry works can be done after moved in .. may be that time you have better ideas ~

My husband like your WIW design, he even think to follow yours but I told him our MBR is smaller than yours .. so have to drop the idea.

Mine also completion in end October, and we have confirmed our contractor. Hope everything can be done by end November as my tummy is getting bigger and bigger now :P

Your ID is good, haven't confirmed but already provided you the 3D drawing .. how much d they quote you for your reno?

Hi Eekenji,

One question on your spacing between sofa and counterbar, would the spacing a bit too small?

Or is intended so that in future when you put a stool or so, your kid cannot run to Living/dinning.

Hi 1000miles, your question made me laugh .. haha .. yeah, we intended one .. kidding.

We also noticed the space is small, i.e. we didn't go for big sofa .. may be we need to reduce the size of kitchen cabinet to enlarge the space there.

Reno will be started end of this month .. still have few weeks to go.

Last wknd went to Soon Bee Huat and Hafary to choose the tiles for bathrooms and kitchen ... as there is no ID, everything we have to decide by our own.

No confident if the result will turn out good, some options we choose for master bathroom ~ which one do you think is better?

1349176549-45445309.jpg

1349176549-2232697373.jpg