Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

3D design of Kitchen cabinets and counterbar

The 3D drawing of kitchen cabinets and counterbar done by Kenji, this will be carpentry works required for kitchen. We will also install some shelfs for kitchen .. will use the blum system.

1352292482-2911526724.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

3D design of Bedrooms Recess Window Cabinets

The 3D drawing of Bedroom recess window cabinets done by my husband, we showed this to our carpenter and finally we added table and shelves for carpentry works in bedrooms.

1352783128-1372111680.jpg

3D design of Master Bedroom cabinets and settee

The 3D drawing of recess window cabinets and settee done by Kenji, this will be carpentry works required for master bedroom.

1352292482-4161652910.jpg

3D design of Study Room bookshelf and table

The 3D drawing of bookshelf and study table done by my husband, this will be carpentry works required for study room - the bookshelf with be integrated with the L-shape study table ..

1352292481-653774592_m.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Got the hand drawings from our carpenter, quite impressed with his drawing :

Carpentry works for Entrance - it’s for entrance which included shoes cabinet and recess window cabinets. For bench, we will get it from Ikea …

1352292479-244445835_m.jpg

Renovation Day 5 – After 3 days of hacking, the debris are being disposed and most of the materials such as tiles are uplifting to the site. Workers started to apply the cement screed and sands …

1351857236-3628827429_n.jpg

love your pictures! very nice vintage mask used :)

love your pictures! very nice vintage mask used :)

Thanks summersann ~ I used the iphone apps for the pictures edit. :rolleyes:

While this is for playroom which included feature walls with windows, sliding door and display shelves. Looking forward to see the end result of this playroom ~

For more carpenter hand drawings, may check this link.

1352292480-2042471387_n.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Last week (2nd week of reno), the jobs done are majority masonry works which including lay wall tiles, apply waterproofing and lay floor tiles for both bathrooms and kitchen. Also constructed cement motar base for kitchen cabinets ... Seems less progress compared to first week, I hope the renovation can be completed by end of this month.

1352976876-1616134308_n.jpg

Last Saturday we went Ikea for shopping, need to get ready for some of the items before renovation complete. Some of the items will need contractor help to drill holes etc. This Ikea shopping trip majority is shop for big items such as furnitures while small items will leave till next visit to purchase. So this round we have bought 3pcs of BOSSE bar stools, 4pcs of FROSTA stools, a set of combination of STOLMEN wardrobe system for walk-in wardrobe, 2pcs of LIL mirrors for bathroom, 1pc of TJUSIG Bench with shoe storage in white color, 1pc of MALM 3 drawers chest etc…. Total have spent around 1.1k for all these little furniture, get Ikea delivery service to deliver these items to our new place.

1353066881-4050249195_n.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Last Monday, we rent a car from car club to drive in to JB for shopping on lighting and ceiling fan. After have our brunch at famous curry fish head near JB custom, we heading to our first stop which is Tampoi Lighting Center. We have spent around RM3.1k for our whole house LED downlights x 25 (around RM88 each, we choose the more expensive one), T5 lights x 19 … and some other decorative lights such as the picture I attached here. We have spent almost 3 hours in Tampoi Lighting Center, then we continued our journey to Taman Sentosa for curtains and ceiling fans. The curtain shop we approached was named as Middle Curtain which was recommended by my colleague, we were quoted around RM5.6k for our 6 windows with blinds and curtains.

Then we took some rest at a coffee shop and have the fish ball noodles for lunch, the sky also started to rain. We quickly went to the ceiling fan shop which called YES Electrical Supply and bought 4 sets of KDK baby fans .. RM315 each, much cheaper than Singapore.

Overall, we have spent 1.7k SGD for this JB trip – based on currency 2.495 we exchanged. I believed it worth the trip for all the things we bought … e.g. for this lamp is 27 ringgit .. don’t think we can get this price in Sg.

1353041474-2216792746_m.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Last Saturday we went Ikea for shopping, need to get ready for some of the items before renovation complete. Some of the items will need contractor help to drill holes etc. This Ikea shopping trip majority is shop for big items such as furnitures while small items will leave till next visit to purchase. So this round we have bought 3pcs of BOSSE bar stools, 4pcs of FROSTA stools, a set of combination of STOLMEN wardrobe system for walk-in wardrobe, 2pcs of LIL mirrors for bathroom, 1pc of TJUSIG Bench with shoe storage in white color, 1pc of MALM 3 drawers chest etc…. Total have spent around 1.1k for all these little furniture, get Ikea delivery service to deliver these items to our new place.

1353066881-4050249195_n.jpg

Nice stuff you got from Ikea! Are you getting your own contractor to install for you, or are you paying Ikea to do it? The STOLMEN system looks good. Can buy extra poles from Ikea to add on? Is your WIW just this, or you will have some door/curtain?

I'm keen in going jb to buy fans also. I heard shops there don't sell kdk fans in white or black colour. Is that true?

Nice stuff you got from Ikea! Are you getting your own contractor to install for you, or are you paying Ikea to do it? The STOLMEN system looks good. Can buy extra poles from Ikea to add on? Is your WIW just this, or you will have some door/curtain?

I'm keen in going jb to buy fans also. I heard shops there don't sell kdk fans in white or black colour. Is that true?

Hi bleucheeze ~ thanks.

We asked our contractor to help to drill the holes on ceiling and floor to install the STOLMEN system but he claimed that this shall be carpenter job, we will check with our carpenter again. For other furnitures, we will assemble by our own.

The STOLMEN system we going to do will be different from the picture above, we have bought total 5pcs of STOLMEN posts , 3pcs of clothes rails and 2pcs of shelfs .. total is 447 SGD for the whole set with other accessories. You can buy as many poles as you want, at first you need to design what you want .. For the curtain or door, I will choose to get a curtain on the door area instead of installing a door : )

I not sure if there is KDK fans in black but I believed there are KDK fans in white selling in JB - may be you can drop a call to the shop to check before you go? For KDK fans, this shop price is the best - YES Electrical Supply. Good luck :yamseng:

Congrats on ur new home n can c that ur reno is progressing v well! Wish u all the best sista!

Just saw that u have shelves above ur tv. U may want to consider taking them away or moving it to another location. So as not to make ur tv look cluttered when watching tv. The idea is to make the tv looks bigger n 'free'. Just sharing my thoughts

Congrats on ur new home n can c that ur reno is progressing v well! Wish u all the best sista!

Just saw that u have shelves above ur tv. U may want to consider taking them away or moving it to another location. So as not to make ur tv look cluttered when watching tv. The idea is to make the tv looks bigger n 'free'. Just sharing my thoughts

Thanks Batman ~ your points made sense but we already asked our carpenter to fabricate for us :(

And we can hide some ugly wires with a backboard between top shelves and the bottom shelves, this is also advice from our carpenter. The initial idea of getting this design is inspiration from this picture below :

1353401649-1371529121.jpg