Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Thanks cootie, I checked from other threads and forums .. those ppls who install city gas heater with rainshower and seems there is no problem. After much considerations, we have decided to go for city gas heater and hope it will serve us well. :rolleyes:

I'm currently using city gas heater but normal shower head, staying at 17/20 floor. Water pressure is fantastic so was thinking to use back city gas couple with rain shower after revamp my house. Engaged a citygas technician for house visit & visited their showroom too. They say the newer model which give max 10L/min hot water is good for rainshower. Let see how is it...

But 1 thing not so fantastic is need to waste the water ~1min before the hot water comes in (depend on how long is the piping from ur service yard/kitchen to the bathroom) cos need to 'clear' the cold water in the pipes first.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmmm...you tried calling City gas to ask? Cause from my understanding it depends on the water pressure of your block. Lower levels would have higher water pressure.

From what i read before is also storage heater is better for rain showers....

Hi crypaz, husband has called to city gas and we can install it in the kitchen but we didnt mention about the water pressure. The city gas officer also didn't mention to us regarding the water pressure .. we will check again on this. Thanks for your advice :rolleyes:

hi eekenji, mind to share which ID/Contractor you've engaged for your renovation?

also what software you used to draw the topview layout floorplan?

Thanks very much

Hi gohlex, I didn't engage ID but I engaged contractor name Ah Huat - got his contact from my colleague but I do not want to share his contact first because I not sure if his works are good. We have some problem on the hacking permit issue as he was not good in paper works, the quotation sent by him was written in chinese also. For works wise, I still not sure as we haven't started our reno ... will share once our reno started.

I used the floorplanner (you can google it and it's free) and photoshop to draw the layout floorplan.

Hi eekenji,

I have put up my T-blog under Home @Bukit Panjang.

Hope to see your comments soon!

Hi 1000miles, great to see you created your T-blog ... hope to see more photos and progress.

You got a big house !

Hi gohlex, I didn't engage ID but I engaged contractor name Ah Huat - got his contact from my colleague but I do not want to share his contact first because I not sure if his works are good. We have some problem on the hacking permit issue as he was not good in paper works, the quotation sent by him was written in chinese also. For works wise, I still not sure as we haven't started our reno ... will share once our reno started.

I used the floorplanner (you can google it and it's free) and photoshop to draw the layout floorplan.

thanks for the reply. wish you have a smooth sailing renovation experience. will give floorplanner a try.

thanks

I'm currently using city gas heater but normal shower head, staying at 17/20 floor. Water pressure is fantastic so was thinking to use back city gas couple with rain shower after revamp my house. Engaged a citygas technician for house visit & visited their showroom too. They say the newer model which give max 10L/min hot water is good for rainshower. Let see how is it...

But 1 thing not so fantastic is need to waste the water ~1min before the hot water comes in (depend on how long is the piping from ur service yard/kitchen to the bathroom) cos need to 'clear' the cold water in the pipes first.

bb_1314, thanks for your comments .. seems like we have to ask citygas technician for house visit too so that they can advice, is it FOC or we have to buy the city gas heater first before ask them to come to our place?

We plan to install at our kitchen, which is just beside of our 2 bathrooms ..

thanks for the reply. wish you have a smooth sailing renovation experience. will give floorplanner a try.

thanks

gohlex, thanks ~ enjoy playing with the floorplanner. I will update again on our renovation experience and hope it is good so that I can recommend our contractor to others.

:: Some snapshots taken before owner move out ::

1351214775-942775264.jpg

Edited by eekenji

Finally collected our key yesterday, today will start the hacking process.

Update with 3D design for living room done by my husband ... he follow the dimension of our sofa and make this, still need to do some amendment on the lighting effects :

1351465507-431174730_n.jpg

Yesterday was the 2nd day of hacking .. everything is approved except that we cannot hack the RC beam (the picture below with red color tag). This hacking will require PE approval which we haven't applied .. wonder if anyone of you have experienced this RC beam when you hack away your storeroom? Wonder if it was due to the unit was the top floor so having this RC beam?

Not sure if want to live with it or apply permit to hack away this RC beam ... :unsure:

1351736758-835292505.jpg

Finally decided the tiles for our bathrooms and kitchen .. tomorrow will give the list to contractor to order, we will get the tiles from Soon Bee Huat and Hafary.

1350221717-1084853816.jpg

1350221717-3782069806.jpg

1350221715-3017445480.jpg

zz

Hello!

We have the same common bathroom tile (the one on the right-hand side), and we chose the same design (the squarish cube pattern) for our MBR bathroom, except that you chose white and mine is silver! Almost chose the same kitchen wall tile as you too! Haha, how coincidental!

Yesterday was the 2nd day of hacking .. everything is approved except that we cannot hack the RC beam (the picture below with red color tag). This hacking will require PE approval which we haven't applied .. wonder if anyone of you have experienced this RC beam when you hack away your storeroom? Wonder if it was due to the unit was the top floor so having this RC beam?

Not sure if want to live with it or apply permit to hack away this RC beam ... :unsure:

1351736758-835292505.jpg

From your floor plan, the beam is above the door for storeroom rite? If so, not a problem to remove unless your ceiling on top is a big water tank. You staying the highest floor? However since you have removed the wall around it, the beam became useless as it cannot transfer any load from the ceiling to your floor. I'm in related line but not a PE.

Best to get a PE to endorsed to prevent HDB from saying you doing unauthorized alternation. They won't come down until you intend to sell this unit later unless surprise visit.

Hello!

We have the same common bathroom tile (the one on the right-hand side), and we chose the same design (the squarish cube pattern) for our MBR bathroom, except that you chose white and mine is silver! Almost chose the same kitchen wall tile as you too! Haha, how coincidental!

ladygeorgette, yeah ~ so coincidence. Hope the result will turn out good as we don't have ID to help us to visualize and give suggestions. I choose these tiles just because I like the outlook of the tiles, I not sure if they will match each others.

Saw your tblog, we have really quite similar tiles section. What did your ID say? Will he come out the 3D design using the tiles you choose? :P Then I can see also .. hehe.

From your floor plan, the beam is above the door for storeroom rite? If so, not a problem to remove unless your ceiling on top is a big water tank. You staying the highest floor? However since you have removed the wall around it, the beam became useless as it cannot transfer any load from the ceiling to your floor. I'm in related line but not a PE.

Best to get a PE to endorsed to prevent HDB from saying you doing unauthorized alternation. They won't come down until you intend to sell this unit later unless surprise visit.

1000miles, you are right .. the beam is above the door for storeroom and we staying at the highest floor. According to HDB officer, it was a RC hanger and can be hacked with PE approval. Mine is a corner unit and I saw the big water tank is located at the center of the block, i.e. don't think there is big water tank above our unit. We will get PE approval to hack away this RC hanger, but will need to pay extra 1k just to hack this from ceiling :furious:

1000miles, you are right .. the beam is above the door for storeroom and we staying at the highest floor. According to HDB officer, it was a RC hanger and can be hacked with PE approval. Mine is a corner unit and I saw the big water tank is located at the center of the block, i.e. don't think there is big water tank above our unit. We will get PE approval to hack away this RC hanger, but will need to pay extra 1k just to hack this from ceiling :furious:

1k for hacking this lintel beam, hope it include PE endorsement. :bangwall: