Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eekenji

Second Home ~ Tampines 5I

Oh, so you were looking for this specific floor plan.

I had a different route..

We were looking for a specific area, near mountbattern MRT, and just kept viewing units until we found a floor plan that we loved. :thumbs up:

We actually looking for area + floor plan ~ but we really like this floor plan, now is hoping the wall between MBR and service balcony can be hacked .. else my husband will really upset, is his idea to convert service balcony to study room.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Proposal give to ID / contractor on how to do for our future living room

- Design & fabricate est. 5ft full height Tv cabinet in laminates and wood mouldings

- Supply & install white aluminium grilles @ Balcony (top)

- Supply & install white aluminium casement windows with green tinted glass @ Balcony (top)

- Supply & install fixed frosted glass @ Balcony (bottom)

- Level up balcony and lay parquet to integrate with living room flooring.

- Supply & install L-box with cove @ Living.

1344381702-3123348514.jpg

After saw these photos, we decided to keep our existing balcony and to install a platform between balcony and living hall, will have one sliding glass door too ...

1344743572-3378125171.jpg

Here's the new floor plan design :

1344743720-2161596806.jpg

Have a chance to stay in this mingshu when we travel to Yilan last year .. like this feeling too ~ very fresh.

I quite impressed on how Taiwanese and Japanese designed their home ~

1323443984-1981706178_m.jpg

I also like the feeling on this cafe that we visited in Ji Long :

1324248217-3018661860_m.jpg

May I know what software you using for your layout planning? Looks really neat!

hi ~ I used photoshop to do the floor plan, my husband used fireworks to do the measurements .. so more accurate.

You can try google sketch .. saw it was not bad, but have yet to try.

For our future common bedrooms, will not do much things on these two bedrooms :

- Design & fabricate cabinet under the window recess area.

- Change to L-box for the ceiling so that we can install ceiling fans for both bedrooms.

1344381699-2478088455.jpg

We love that balcony platform idea too! Was initially considering that but I realized the grilles outside the bottom section of the balcony windows cannot be removed (it's part of the building facade), and it's really ugly imo :(

We've instead decided to 'box' up that area instead, leaving only the top portion of the windows and make it a little 'study area'.

A reference from another member here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47737&view=findpost&p=730587

We love that balcony platform idea too! Was initially considering that but I realized the grilles outside the bottom section of the balcony windows cannot be removed (it's part of the building facade), and it's really ugly imo :(

We've instead decided to 'box' up that area instead, leaving only the top portion of the windows and make it a little 'study area'.

Hi tessina, I guess we have the similar grilles .. I saw the link before, I also have thought of it but now changed our mind.

Current owner has painted it to white color which looked fine to me and we going to paint the top section of grilles to white color too.

1345091100-3469370636_m.jpg

If still find it ugly after everything is done, may be will try to cover it like the picture below :

1345091099-2482414662.jpg

And put some decorations and plants on it.

Hope the final result will turn out nice :P

1345091100-3469370636_m.jpg

U got quite nice grills...not like those usual vertical ones...

I like the wooden frame around the balcony too...it's like having a border....

Hi,

I think I probably know which unit u bought at blk 7xx, I bought one unit there in July too, my 1st appmt also in Sept. I too love the layout there and there are only 2 cluttered in Tampines has got this type of 'condo' layout, one is at blk 497/ 498 and another area is the blk 7xx series.

My girl studying in Poi Ching, so 700 series is my top priority.

We can share our renovation idea here as I'm currently scratching my head for the cost, it's unexpectedly over my budget now!

Just to share, my layout is similar to yours but slightly smaller, your living and dining area are bigger, I hv to convert my study to dining in order to have a proper dining area. My store room is at the end of the passageway to rooms, while yours in the kitchen. I intend to hack away the storeroom to fit my walk in wardrobe as well.

For the balcony grill, I have the same thought with u, the blue grill done by HDB is super ugly, my previous owner has covered it with glass cube kind of thingy, but I feel that it's blocking the wind, maybe will remove it as well but no idea how to make it look nicer.

I'm trying to upload my layout plan but dunno how to do it...

U got quite nice grills...not like those usual vertical ones...

I like the wooden frame around the balcony too...it's like having a border....

Thanks crypaz ~

I hope can stay with the current bottom grills after putting some plants .. else will need to spend some money to cover it with the wooden frame ... not sure if the wood can stand the rain water.

Edited by eekenji

Hi,

I think I probably know which unit u bought at blk 7xx, I bought one unit there in July too, my 1st appmt also in Sept. I too love the layout there and there are only 2 cluttered in Tampines has got this type of 'condo' layout, one is at blk 497/ 498 and another area is the blk 7xx series.

My girl studying in Poi Ching, so 700 series is my top priority.

We can share our renovation idea here as I'm currently scratching my head for the cost, it's unexpectedly over my budget now!

Just to share, my layout is similar to yours but slightly smaller, your living and dining area are bigger, I hv to convert my study to dining in order to have a proper dining area. My store room is at the end of the passageway to rooms, while yours in the kitchen. I intend to hack away the storeroom to fit my walk in wardrobe as well.

For the balcony grill, I have the same thought with u, the blue grill done by HDB is super ugly, my previous owner has covered it with glass cube kind of thingy, but I feel that it's blocking the wind, maybe will remove it as well but no idea how to make it look nicer.

I'm trying to upload my layout plan but dunno how to do it...

Hi barcadibreezer, welcome to renotalk ~ Welcome to join the tampines 7xx neighbour group ..

U know the unit we bought? You viewed this house before? This house has been opened to market for 3 months and we choose it just before it's valuation expired .. I have viewed almost all the units in 7xx .. so I also know the floor plan you mentioned. We usually will buy the floor plan before shortlisted the units :P

Is this something you bought?

1345614059-3216313705.jpg

Sure we can share our reno ideas here .. here is 7xx tampines T-blog : )

We faced the same problem, the reno cost is unexpectedly over our budget .. and we still haven't found ID/ contractor to reno our house, already 1 month of searching. Now almost received all the quotations except some still pending, hope one of them can meet our budget .. we increased our budget from 40k to 50k, how much is yours?

Btw, how much COV did you pay for your 7xx unit? During our house searching time, our unit was the highest COV among the rest in 7xx Tampines ... we have viewed more than 20 units :P

Hi barcadibreezer, welcome to renotalk ~ Welcome to join the tampines 7xx neighbour group ..

U know the unit we bought? You viewed this house before? This house has been opened to market for 3 months and we choose it just before it's valuation expired .. I have viewed almost all the units in 7xx .. so I also know the floor plan you mentioned. We usually will buy the floor plan before shortlisted the units :P

Is this something you bought?

1345614059-3216313705.jpg

Sure we can share our reno ideas here .. here is 7xx tampines T-blog : )

We faced the same problem, the reno cost is unexpectedly over our budget .. and we still haven't found ID/ contractor to reno our house, already 1 month of searching. Now almost received all the quotations except some still pending, hope one of them can meet our budget .. we increased our budget from 40k to 50k, how much is yours?

Btw, how much COV did you pay for your 7xx unit? During our house searching time, our unit was the highest COV among the rest in 7xx Tampines ... we have viewed more than 20 units :P

Bingo! you know exactly which unit I bought, haha.. same as u, I view almost all listings available there, but my criteria is very simple, i want low COV, actually I no need to view the house can offer straight away, I think my COV (below $15k, I offered $10k without viewing) is so far the lowest in the market coz mine is low floor and lousy condition, since I intend to renovate myself, I dont mind run down unit.

I hv shortlisted the 'Oraxxx Cxbx" to renovate my place, their quatation is ard $50k now, still trying to cut down the cost as I prefer to spend more in quality furniture and display item rather than the carpentry works where you can't move it away when u sell your flat.

I'm very impressed with your drawing and design, I don't hv much idea in mind, what I want is modern contemporary... will share more 3d drawings here once it's ready, any good contractor to recommend?

Hehe barcadibreezer another 7XX soon-to-be owner!

I'm still in the process of putting down the breakdown of things I need done to get a quotation from contractor and/or ID.

Would you folks be kind enough to share what exactly the 40-50K quotations entail?

My budget is thereabout too.