Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

Advice On 3-Rm Resale Flat Quotation

Hello BlurryKid.

u mind sharing your contact for your contractor? I am also looking for a good contractor to do my place. got id quote me 35k to do my place. my budget only 25k!

hi jazzysoul :),

how big is your house?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This reno thing, now have to hack all the flooring for the whole 3NG flat, and if lay homo tiles, estimated cost range?

It's like the more times I count, budgeting the reno, the amount becomes bigger and bigger... now 30k don't know enough or not.

Still haven't count furniture and fittings which I want as below :

Big or Big Big TV

TV console

Living room coffee table

2-seater or 3-seater sofa

My big bed

Mid size washing machine.

Mid size refrigerator

Electric hob (built in or portable)

I think 30k should be enuff unless you do a lot of built-in carpentry stuffs cos all these are killer items. Like a tv console can easily cost like $1k+ for top+bottom.

Coffee table I got a tip. Cos I getting the Lack coffee table from IKEa. Only $39! Looks decent and even if lasts only few yrs ok lah cos its cheap! TV console can consider the IKEA's Besta series not bad and can configure based on what you like :). I will be getting that also for tv console cos I asked contractor for the built-in one costs $1.5k for 7ft top and 7ft bottom. If I get from IKEA its like $800 niah even though quality not as good but I guess as long as can last 5 or more yrs gd enuff bah.

And yes if you count in furnishings + aircon easily another $10k out the window :o

By the way if you thinking of getting Electric hob then must think twice unless you rarely cook cos it consumes a lot of electricity as compared to gas cookers :o

Edited by BlurryKid

Hi could u please give me your this contractor's number. I have a resale 4i but of the same size as your 3ng. I have been going around for quote. Very exp.

Hi Janicelhl :),

For the contractor that quoted me I have not started renovation yet so cannot say for workmanship yet. For pricing looks decent though. If you still interested then you can PM me.

Edited by BlurryKid

interesting...but no window how to have ppl staying inside? Unless u on aircon everytime got ppl inside? :unsure:

Hi Blurry Kid,

This room has aircon inside. This will be my games room cum library cum afternoon nap room coz dark and quiet enough.

N I intend to rent out the other room to collect rental. That is also partly why I bought this place.

Mind sharing your flat's location? will like to know where else has such 3rm flat.

Edited by ommph

I think 30k should be enuff unless you do a lot of built-in carpentry stuffs cos all these are killer items. Like a tv console can easily cost like $1k+ for top+bottom.

Coffee table I got a tip. Cos I getting the Lack coffee table from IKEa. Only $39! Looks decent and even if lasts only few yrs ok lah cos its cheap! TV console can consider the IKEA's Besta series not bad and can configure based on what you like :). I will be getting that also for tv console cos I asked contractor for the built-in one costs $1.5k for 7ft top and 7ft bottom. If I get from IKEA its like $800 niah even though quality not as good but I guess as long as can last 5 or more yrs gd enuff bah.

And yes if you count in furnishings + aircon easily another $10k out the window :o

By the way if you thinking of getting Electric hob then must think twice unless you rarely cook cos it consumes a lot of electricity as compared to gas cookers :o

My contractor quoted me $1050 for a 5 feet top and bottom (very simple top) TV cabinet and a full height shoe cabinet, and $800 without the shoe cabinet. Doesn't sound that ex when compared to Ikea, considering the quality and also less customisation. But then I decided to get something retro, so not going with the contractor's offer.

My contractor quoted me $1050 for a 5 feet top and bottom (very simple top) TV cabinet and a full height shoe cabinet, and $800 without the shoe cabinet. Doesn't sound that ex when compared to Ikea, considering the quality and also less customisation. But then I decided to get something retro, so not going with the contractor's offer.

for mine is because I wanna do 7ft top and 7ft bottom hence price tag of $1.5k. I compared to IKEA same thing I do 7ft top and 7ft bottom I prob need to pay only $800 hence decided on IKEA tv console. I targetting for it to last me at least 5 yrs gd enuff... :D

Actually retro you can get contractor to do retro kind for you?

Hi Blurry Kid,

This room has aircon inside. This will be my games room cum library cum afternoon nap room coz dark and quiet enough.

N I intend to rent out the other room to collect rental. That is also partly why I bought this place.

Mind sharing your flat's location? will like to know where else has such 3rm flat.

Wah sounds gd as a cosy corner :)

My flat is at Geylang Bahru. Its beside Kallang river there. But ours not considered big for 3-rm yet I think I remember reading somewhere I think got those around 88-90sqm 3-rm flats!

Edited by BlurryKid

My flat is at Geylang Bahru. Its beside Kallang river there. But ours not considered big for 3-rm yet I think I remember reading somewhere I think got those around 88-90sqm 3-rm flats!

Ur flat is also around that size leh...

Wow! That will be bigger than some 4rm flats in Sengkang! Will love to see those flats.

Good location for your flat. Wanted to get that area initially but partner dun like. She prefers near to her current house in East Coast. :(

Wow! That will be bigger than some 4rm flats in Sengkang! Will love to see those flats.

Good location for your flat. Wanted to get that area initially but partner dun like. She prefers near to her current house in East Coast. :(

but i am very surprised that you mentioned your flat's valuation close to 400k? Cos mine valuation only 375k niah. I always wonder why my area's valuation why so low :unsure:

Hi everyone,

I need some advise on renovation stuff.

* 3NG resale flat

* Ex owner hacked off store room and made the master room bigger with a walk-in wardrobe/bathtub in master toilet.

* Kitchen cabinet all up and still in very good condition, so I wont be touching that.

* Floor size: 71sqm

Things I would like to do to the house :

- Replace flooring as its quite old n lots of scratches on it. I would like parquet flooring for the whole house except kitchen n toilets (laminate ones are cheaper,right?

- Do a simple reno for toilets as the pipes are corroding away n wanna "freshen" up d whole look.

- My husband doing home biz, so plan to do up a mini "office", small enough for his iMac and a wall shelf/cabinet because its so cluttered and messy.

- Textured wall for TV (wooden or brick like walls, if you know wat i mean coz i dunno whats it called..lol)

- Painting works.

Anyone has any idea how much this will cost? a rough estimation?

And, whats the requirement for a in-house reno loan? As i think I would be able to get a bank loan due to bad credit a couple of years ago so I would need to wait 1-2 yrs before taking loan from bank again.

Budget is 10-15K. is that a realistic amount?

PLS advise! Thank U!

Hi everyone,

I need some advise on renovation stuff.

* 3NG resale flat

* Ex owner hacked off store room and made the master room bigger with a walk-in wardrobe/bathtub in master toilet.

* Kitchen cabinet all up and still in very good condition, so I wont be touching that.

* Floor size: 71sqm

Things I would like to do to the house :

- Replace flooring as its quite old n lots of scratches on it. I would like parquet flooring for the whole house except kitchen n toilets (laminate ones are cheaper,right?

- Do a simple reno for toilets as the pipes are corroding away n wanna "freshen" up d whole look.

- My husband doing home biz, so plan to do up a mini "office", small enough for his iMac and a wall shelf/cabinet because its so cluttered and messy.

- Textured wall for TV (wooden or brick like walls, if you know wat i mean coz i dunno whats it called..lol)

- Painting works.

Anyone has any idea how much this will cost? a rough estimation?

And, whats the requirement for a in-house reno loan? As i think I would be able to get a bank loan due to bad credit a couple of years ago so I would need to wait 1-2 yrs before taking loan from bank again.

Budget is 10-15K. is that a realistic amount?

PLS advise! Thank U!

The renovation works you are going to do are quite simple, your budget should be enough... U may wish to consider choosing laminate floor, can save abit more.

The "textured wall" is called feature wall... Can also consider choosing wall paper instead of brickwalls.

I dont have much knowledge about reno loan but i know all kinds of loan usually requires income proof , like cpf statement , annual returns etc...