Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

Advice On 3-Rm Resale Flat Quotation

I think for fixtures kind u dnt do too retro style but instead use movables to highlight the retro theme. In this way nxt time if wanna sell shld be ok one :)

Me no specific theme woh. Warm and cosy style considered theme? Keke. Today met up with contractor waiting fot final quotation see gd anot.

Hi BlurryKid and Bros,

Me also getting 3RM NG, what's the advisable choice? ID firm or contractor? what's the estimated cost difference?

In my opinion, the IDs do the thinking, and coordinate with 3rd party contractors? They give ideas and suggestions and drawings.

I sort of have my own ideas, just putting the puzzle together, want to find someone who don't say yes yes yes then later this cannot that cannot. But point out what's practical, explain, what can do, what cannot do... can forsee the picture...

Can a like all-in-one contractor do all these?

Edited by natural9

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think for fixtures kind u dnt do too retro style but instead use movables to highlight the retro theme. In this way nxt time if wanna sell shld be ok one :)

Me no specific theme woh. Warm and cosy style considered theme? Keke. Today met up with contractor waiting fot final quotation see gd anot.

What online biz you doing? Can tell us and see we can give you some biz. Hehe....

Hi BlurryKid and Bros,

Me also getting 3RM NG, what's the advisable choice? ID firm or contractor? what's the estimated cost difference?

In my opinion, the IDs do the thinking, and coordinate with 3rd party contractors? They give ideas and suggestions and drawings.

I sort of have my own ideas, just putting the puzzle together, want to find someone who don't say yes yes yes then later this cannot that cannot. But point out what's practical, explain, what can do, what cannot do... can forsee the picture...

Depends on the contractors. Some are do all, incl giving you designs and advise you whether it's feasible to do this and that. My contractor very truthful so sometimes owners dont like cos what they want, cannot be achieved.

I think if price reasonable bedroom floor I prob hack too to avoid overlaying tiles.

No lah cos me running online biz one so need space for storage :D

For hacking of whole unit, the reasonable range should be around 2.3-2.8k (if can find lower, that will be even better, another saving)...

I see, so u need alot of storage space for your biz... I was wondering if u would consider hacking away the storeroom n make ur mbr bigger and alter ur cbr door to face the living room, since U mentioned its cramp in ur mbr.

Yes, am planning mainly for a retro theme, but when I started renovating, realise that its quite hard to find certain retro materials. then a fren told me its also good not to go overly retro as may be hard to sell in future... (maybe she trying to conso me)

Do you have a theme in mind?

Hard to sell in future ? If ur flat condition is gd , how will that turn off potential buyers to pay a gd price specially if they like retro n can save on reno. Unless the buyer looking to reno the whole place, they would prefer something else.

Try this Ur theme . Before getting ideas from someone else, try to find out what really suits you and then it will be easier to work from there. Hope it helps. :thumbs up:

Hi BlurryKid and Bros,

It depends on what's ur needs... Do u have ur own design or u need someone else to design for you ? Estimated difference is around 20% may increase if finding those bigger id firms.

You are spot on...

Some ppl like yes yes yes but there are also ppl who dislike, there are too many kinds of homeowners around and its a very difficult situation for id/contractors to satisfy all. Remember id/contractors are actually listening to what u want so replying yes is understandable.

A good id/contractor will do their best to give what u want. unless the thing u asked for is unable to achieve. example, HDB do not approve certain areas u wished to hack, existing tiles r in bad condition & cannot do overlay etc Sometimes you just have to give n take because not everything can be foreseen... Renovation works can be a tedious process, you need to be calm n patient because sometimes unforeseen circumstances may occur. peace :)

From what i see, a main contractor is enough to do your reno. Unless u prefer to micro manage n get urself different sub-contractors for different works n save somemore $$.

Hi BlurryKid and Bros,

Hi natural9 :),

I think if you not going for very designer decor look can go for contractor cos for my case I going for basic stuffs only hence I think going to ID like quite costly cos its like paying them to do the design?

What online biz you doing? Can tell us and see we can give you some biz. Hehe....

I doing maternity clothing one :D If you got friends pregnant can introduce to me...keke

For hacking of whole unit, the reasonable range should be around 2.3-2.8k (if can find lower, that will be even better, another saving)...

I see, so u need alot of storage space for your biz... I was wondering if u would consider hacking away the storeroom n make ur mbr bigger and alter ur cbr door to face the living room, since U mentioned its cramp in ur mbr.

Hard to sell in future ? If ur flat condition is gd , how will that turn off potential buyers to pay a gd price specially if they like retro n can save on reno. Unless the buyer looking to reno the whole place, they would prefer something else.

Try this Ur theme . Before getting ideas from someone else, try to find out what really suits you and then it will be easier to work from there. Hope it helps. :thumbs up:

I got the revised quotation from contractor liow...seems quite reasonably priced and after speaking to him he's quite frenly bah :).

I asked him can view workmanship anot he even got a hse doing up kitchen in 11th Sep just 2 blks away from my current flat. And he doing whole hse reno in 23rd Sep also seems like his biz not bad...keke

His hacking quite reasonable. After asking I wont be hacking bedrooms as he explained that since ours is broken marble usually wont have popping problems unless if its ceramic then he will suggest hacking instead of overlaying. So bedrooms we will be doing overlaying instead. So hacking of living + storeroom + whole kitchen + hack 1 kitchen wall include haulage everything is $2.2k (one ID firm I went to quoted me abt $3.2k!).

And surprisingly the revised quotation I got including electricals managed to be $20.5k! But I will not be doing L-Box to save costs.

As for storage, instead I will be pushing back kitchen wall by 1metre and then do up a small room 2.8m x 1.6m taking up space from kitchen and part of living area for my storage room. Actual storeroom will be used to store household barang barang instead.

Edited by BlurryKid

Wow...renovation costs are real high these days after reading lots in renotalk.

I have made a purchase of a 3rm flat that is the same size as yours but the seller had done up the place in a simple and cosy theme and hacked away the store room. He had also did modifications to the place and now, there are 3 bedrooms instead of 2....legally.

Don't intend to do much but also need to spend around $4K for minor touch up and mod. Another $1.3K for timber flooring in the 2 common rooms.

This is after I paid a high price for the flat.

Need to eat biscuits for the next 5 years liao...anyone care to join me to do bulk purchase of biscuits???? :P

Good luck in your nego with the contractor.

I doing maternity clothing one :D If you got friends pregnant can introduce to me...keke

Lots of pregnant friends. Any website you posted on the maternity clothings?

I have made a purchase of a 3rm flat that is the same size as yours but the seller had done up the place in a simple and cosy theme and hacked away the store room. He had also did modifications to the place and now, there are 3 bedrooms instead of 2....legally.

Don't intend to do much but also need to spend around $4K for minor touch up and mod. Another $1.3K for timber flooring in the 2 common rooms.

Need to eat biscuits for the next 5 years liao...anyone care to join me to do bulk purchase of biscuits???? :P

Bro ommph,

My 3NG already must reno, bo pian it's interior is in the 80s type condition...

I have to eat biscuits (the cheap type) for the next 10 years... :o

Natural9,

we can go Kong Guan together n buy cream cracker n la milo. haha!

Mine no need reno but paid a high price due to high val...but no choice, SO loves the place.

I got the revised quotation from contractor liow...seems quite reasonably priced and after speaking to him he's quite frenly bah :).

I asked him can view workmanship anot he even got a hse doing up kitchen in 11th Sep just 2 blks away from my current flat. And he doing whole hse reno in 23rd Sep also seems like his biz not bad...keke

His hacking quite reasonable. After asking I wont be hacking bedrooms as he explained that since ours is broken marble usually wont have popping problems unless if its ceramic then he will suggest hacking instead of overlaying. So bedrooms we will be doing overlaying instead. So hacking of living + storeroom + whole kitchen + hack 1 kitchen wall include haulage everything is $2.2k (one ID firm I went to quoted me abt $3.2k!).

And surprisingly the revised quotation I got including electricals managed to be $20.5k! But I will not be doing L-Box to save costs.

As for storage, instead I will be pushing back kitchen wall by 1metre and then do up a small room 2.8m x 1.6m taking up space from kitchen and part of living area for my storage room. Actual storeroom will be used to store household barang barang instead.

Hi Blurrykid,

Broken marble flooring are hard to come by now, especially good ones.

Wish my new place is marble flooring instead of marble look-alike tiles.

Hi oomph :),

You quite lucky got a good condition one. Can divulge which location it is? Cos I seldom see 3-rm flat with 82sqm floor area liowz. Scarly your one in same location as mine! Keke. But timber flooring for both bedrooms at $1.3k only? Thats cheap cos timber is more expensive than laminates! Your contractor very good woh can intro? Mine laminated for 2 bedrooms is $1.1k liowz. keke

As for hacking and modifying 2 bedroom to 3 bedroom how he manage to do it? One bedroom no window?

For mine boh pianz quite original condition so no choice have to reno and COV still 27k woh but my current flat quite heng lah sold at 68k cov..keke

Edited by BlurryKid