Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

Advice On 3-Rm Resale Flat Quotation

Woah~ 33 years... wa then better rewire. :blink: Plaster see existing condition lo. If still okays (Which i doubt) then can save a bit lo. Somemore you not planning to stay long rite? :huh:

I think the inflation quite alot over the years... material wise ba :) Workman also getting more ex too. Just look at the increase in levy for Malaysian workers to come into SG :(

:yamseng: ,

Mike

Yesterday went to the ID firm already. Things I prob doing change to :

- hack common toilet floor n convert to sitting toilet

- hack kitchen floor and do new one

- hack kitchen cabinet n construct new 20ft kitchen cabinet with solid surface top (if budget allow may do granite top. He say granite $150psf, I quartz $180psf exp both.)

- hack kitchen wall n build another kitchen wall to make kitchen smaller.

- repolish bedrooms, living, storeroom broken marble flooring.

- Lbox for living room and simple cornice for bedrooms.

- rewire whole house

- plastering for whole house

- built in wardrobe 6ft for master bedroom

- replace common toilet door

- painting n chemical wash for whole house n haulage included

- supply labour to install lighting, toilet, kitchen accessories

- replace 3 panels for living room window

From what I can remember this is abt all. He said possible within budget of 15-20k. Will wait for his detailed quotes.

Thinking of going Defong and Summit Design also cos heard that they quite gd. Then prob will decide between these 3.

Edited by BlurryKid

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yesterday went to the ID firm already. Things I prob doing change to :

- hack common toilet floor n convert to sitting toilet

- hack kitchen floor and do new one

- hack kitchen cabinet n construct new 20ft kitchen cabinet with solid surface top (if budget allow may do granite top. He say granite $150psf, I quartz $180psf exp both.)

- hack kitchen wall n build another kitchen wall to make kitchen smaller.

- repolish bedrooms, living, storeroom broken marble flooring.

- Lbox for living room and simple cornice for bedrooms.

- rewire whole house

- plastering for whole house

- built in wardrobe 6ft for master bedroom

- replace common toilet door

- painting n chemical wash for whole house n haulage included

- supply labour to install lighting, toilet, kitchen accessories

- replace 3 panels for living room window

From what I can remember this is abt all. He said possible within budget of 15-20k. Will wait for his detailed quotes.

Thinking of going Defong and Summit Design also cos heard that they quite gd. Then prob will decide between these 3.

Hey your floor plan looks almost like mine, but yours seems a bit bigger? More than 70sqm? My bedroom doors face the living room rather than each other and no storeroom. Initially my budget also 20k, but finally I decided it is impossible as I need to hack and do floors, change kitchen wall tiles, and a whole lot of other stuff. So I signed up with a contractor for 25.5K (and the cost is still creeping up as got more things that I felt necessary to do, though I also don't know how long I would stay there.)

Hacking is very ex due to haulage, so if you can hack less, save more money. once you hack the wall between living room and kitchen, need to redo the waterproofing, and level up the floor to living room height, so additional money.

The Lbox also ex, and I gave up on getting it. Sigh, every thing, even those that seems small, add up to be a lot of money.

Edited by originalbread

Hey your floor plan looks almost like mine, but yours seems a bit bigger? More than 70sqm? My bedroom doors face the living room rather than each other and no storeroom. Initially my budget also 20k, but finally I decided it is impossible as I need to hack and do floors, change kitchen wall tiles, and a whole lot of other stuff. So I signed up with a contractor for 25.5K (and the cost is still creeping up as got more things that I felt necessary to do, though I also don't know how long I would stay there.)

Hacking is very ex due to haulage, so if you can hack less, save more money. once you hack the wall between living room and kitchen, need to redo the waterproofing, and level up the floor to living room height, so additional money.

The Lbox also ex, and I gave up on getting it. Sigh, every thing, even those that seems small, add up to be a lot of money.

Hihi originalbread :),

Mine is 82sqm in size. When I first viewed it was so surprised got 3-rm flat of this kind of size cos its equivalent to 4rm flat's 4-I model liowz.

Yeah, thats y probably not going to hack living, bedrooms, storeroom flooring in order to keep to my budget of 15-20k :D

Btw, mind sharing pictures of your done-up house? Gam siah!

Quotes came back mostly busted budget :o

ID 1 : Quote total about 19k not including hacking common toilet and kitchen wall tiles! And not including electricals yet. *faint*

ID 2 : Quote total about 21k includes hacking common toilet and kitchen wall tiles also. But not including electricals. *pengz* But this ID very funny install water heater, wash basin everything also charge $? I thought usually installation is FOC?

Still need to budget for aircon, hob, hood, sofa, tv consoles, shelving, lightings, accessories. Why reno so expensive now :jawdrop:

I think 30k including accessories also donno enuff anot...somemore its only a 3-rm flat! *sigh*

Now waiting for ID 3 to quote me before I decide.

Edited by BlurryKid

Hihi originalbread :),

Mine is 82sqm in size. When I first viewed it was so surprised got 3-rm flat of this kind of size cos its equivalent to 4rm flat's 4-I model liowz.

Yeah, thats y probably not going to hack living, bedrooms, storeroom flooring in order to keep to my budget of 15-20k :D

Btw, mind sharing pictures of your done-up house? Gam siah!

Wow, that's a nice size. I just started reno 2 weeks ago, still long way to go. Anyway, you can see a few of the before photos here.

Quotes came back mostly busted budget :o

ID 1 : Quote total about 19k not including hacking common toilet and kitchen wall tiles! And not including electricals yet. *faint*

ID 2 : Quote total about 21k includes hacking common toilet and kitchen wall tiles also. But not including electricals. *pengz* But this ID very funny install water heater, wash basin everything also charge $? I thought usually installation is FOC?

Still need to budget for aircon, hob, hood, sofa, tv consoles, shelving, lightings, accessories. Why reno so expensive now :jawdrop:

I think 30k including accessories also donno enuff anot...somemore its only a 3-rm flat! *sigh*

Now waiting for ID 3 to quote me before I decide.

I think you need a direct contractor not an ID. Check your PM for this direct contractor I used for my reno. :sport-smiley-004:

Wow, that's a nice size. I just started reno 2 weeks ago, still long way to go. Anyway, you can see a few of the before photos here.

wow saw some pics. So u hacked all flooring?

Actually I am at a loss also. Cos the flat I bought going to undergo HIP (Home Improvement Program) nxt yr but I don't know exact date yet. When they do this you can just pay $600+ and they will do up both toilets for you, change the main door and main door grilles too. Its like very cheap to do it but have to bear with the discomfort for 10-12 days! :(

Edited by BlurryKid

wow saw some pics. So u hacked all flooring?

Actually I am at a loss also. Cos the flat I bought going to undergo HIP (Home Improvement Program) nxt yr but I don't know exact date yet. When they do this you can just pay $600+ and they will do up both toilets for you, change the main door and main door grilles too. Its like very cheap to do it but have to bear with the discomfort for 10-12 days! :(

Wow, that's very value for money. Contractor quoted me main door price is about $450 (non-solid wood), $500 (veneer); wrought iron metal grill $480. toilets super ex to do. I do hacking and tiling of the wall of toilet & bathroom already $2K.

Maybe you want to go for something in between, don't upgrade the doors first and wait for HDB. For toilet, I would think just do it though ex as very troublesome and messy to let them do it when you are staying in. Not sure if under HIP, you could choose tiles. HDB sometimes offer very obiang looking wall tiles. but if really budget consious, then must wait for them to do.

Yes I hacked all the floor except kitchen, which contractor says most likely can lay over if no hollowness. The terrazo in living and bedrooms were in bad condition and couldn't layover.

btw, how to check if got HIP? Just ask HDB branch office?

oh, and water heater installation usually they charge, mine quote me $60. but basin that sort of stuff I not sure.

I found a designer which I think price not so different from contractor, 3d Innovations, Jimmy Tan, HP: 8571 8531. Read from other pages of this forum that he keeps to budget and discusses in great details to find out what the customer wants. But in the end I decided to stick to the contractor who I used before.

Hi

Your unit is same sized, almost the same layout as mine. Mine is undergoing renovation currently. I also sourced for 8 to 9 quotes before confirming on this current set of contractor. I learnt from the sourcing that ID prices are definitely much higher, and I have no need for IDs since I know exactly what I intend to do for my renovation already. Hence, I finally engaged a HDB licensed contractor for all the permits, wet works and tilings, a separate carpenter for all the carpentry works, and a separate electrician for the rewirings.

My main contractor's quote is about 22k. Carpenter's quote is about 14k. Electrician is about 2k. Based on what you had posted above, I believe that I'm doing a lot more stuffs as compared to you. At a glance and without going into too much details, the excess stuffs that I'm doing as compared to you includes:

a) Hack and new tiles for living room

b) New parquet floorings for both bedrooms

c) 12 ft walk in wardrobe

d) Feature wall & TV console

e) Shoe cabinet, MBR cabinet, vanity cabinet

f) False ceiling for living room, various recess box-up

g) However, my kitchen cabinet is only about 14 ft, as compared to your 20 ft

Who knows, you might actually get within your budget after deducting the extra stuffs that I'm doing. I'm quite satisfied with the progress of my renovation so far, about 60% done, and in good speed too.

Do drop me a PM if you are interested to learn more details.

Wow, that's very value for money. Contractor quoted me main door price is about $450 (non-solid wood), $500 (veneer); wrought iron metal grill $480. toilets super ex to do. I do hacking and tiling of the wall of toilet & bathroom already $2K.

Maybe you want to go for something in between, don't upgrade the doors first and wait for HDB. For toilet, I would think just do it though ex as very troublesome and messy to let them do it when you are staying in. Not sure if under HIP, you could choose tiles. HDB sometimes offer very obiang looking wall tiles. but if really budget consious, then must wait for them to do.

Yes I hacked all the floor except kitchen, which contractor says most likely can lay over if no hollowness. The terrazo in living and bedrooms were in bad condition and couldn't layover.

btw, how to check if got HIP? Just ask HDB branch office?

oh, and water heater installation usually they charge, mine quote me $60. but basin that sort of stuff I not sure.

I found a designer which I think price not so different from contractor, 3d Innovations, Jimmy Tan, HP: 8571 8531. Read from other pages of this forum that he keeps to budget and discusses in great details to find out what the customer wants. But in the end I decided to stick to the contractor who I used before.

Ya check HIP with branch office :)

My current flat just finished HIP recently. Attached are the toilet pictures. To me its ok lah cos I dont find it worthwhile to splash $5-$6k on redoing a toilet and if want nicer toilets may even need $10k to do up including accessories :o i rather save the $ for my nxt house...Lol :D

For HIP they let you have 2 choices of tiles and 2 choices of toilet bowl/wash basin one. But of cos the labour doesnt look as neat as when I did my toilets with contractor last time. Show you the pix below. But cant seem to rotate on this renotalk forum? On my photobucket I already put it vertical...lazy to figure out.

IMG_1774.jpg

Edited by BlurryKid

Hi

Your unit is same sized, almost the same layout as mine. Mine is undergoing renovation currently. I also sourced for 8 to 9 quotes before confirming on this current set of contractor. I learnt from the sourcing that ID prices are definitely much higher, and I have no need for IDs since I know exactly what I intend to do for my renovation already. Hence, I finally engaged a HDB licensed contractor for all the permits, wet works and tilings, a separate carpenter for all the carpentry works, and a separate electrician for the rewirings.

My main contractor's quote is about 22k. Carpenter's quote is about 14k. Electrician is about 2k. Based on what you had posted above, I believe that I'm doing a lot more stuffs as compared to you. At a glance and without going into too much details, the excess stuffs that I'm doing as compared to you includes:

a) Hack and new tiles for living room

b) New parquet floorings for both bedrooms

c) 12 ft walk in wardrobe

d) Feature wall & TV console

e) Shoe cabinet, MBR cabinet, vanity cabinet

f) False ceiling for living room, various recess box-up

g) However, my kitchen cabinet is only about 14 ft, as compared to your 20 ft

Who knows, you might actually get within your budget after deducting the extra stuffs that I'm doing. I'm quite satisfied with the progress of my renovation so far, about 60% done, and in good speed too.

Do drop me a PM if you are interested to learn more details.

Thanks for the advice :). But yours total adds up to 38k? :o

Thanks for the advice :). But yours total adds up to 38k? :o

It will be a lot lesser than 38k after you net off the listed items since I'm of the impression that you wouldn't be doing up these stated items.

Ya check HIP with branch office :)

My current flat just finished HIP recently. Attached are the toilet pictures. To me its ok lah cos I dont find it worthwhile to splash $5-$6k on redoing a toilet and if want nicer toilets may even need $10k to do up including accessories :o i rather save the $ for my nxt house...Lol :D

For HIP they let you have 2 choices of tiles and 2 choices of toilet bowl/wash basin one. But of cos the labour doesnt look as neat as when I did my toilets with contractor last time. Show you the pix below. But cant seem to rotate on this renotalk forum? On my photobucket I already put it vertical...lazy to figure out.

IMG_1774.jpg

looks good. actually they simpler the keep the design, the better it is usually. haha, agree that should save the money for your next house...

Edited by originalbread

hi may i know if anyone does L-Box/Cove lights in their master bedroom and bedroom as well? Normally what i've seen is only the living room. Not too sure if anyone does for all rooms