Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

Advice On 3-Rm Resale Flat Quotation

Hi all,

Am new here and lurking around the forum for ideas but finally signed option form for the 3-room resale flat. Budget quite tight hence will appreciate all advice given. Thanks :).

First of all floorplan

HDB-1975-3NG-corridor-end-82sqm.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Items that are planned for this renovation are :

- Hacking of whole house floor tiles (except toilet tiles)

- Hacking of whole kitchen including kitchen cabinet

- Hack kitchen wall and construct another kitchen wall to make the kitchen smaller

- Lay Homogeneous tiles in living room, laminated flooring in 2 bedrooms complete with skirting

- Lay Ceramic flooring in storeroom.

- Lay Ceramic wall tiles and homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen.

- Plastering for whole house.

- Simple cornices for living room and bedroom.

- Replacement of whole house stainless steel supply pipes

- Supply labour for kitchen sink, hob, hood installation.

- Supply labour for kitchen toilet bowl, kitchen toilet sink and water heater installation.

- Construct kitchen cabinet with granite top approx 20ft (top + bottom)

- Stainless Steel plate backing for hob cooking area (approx 3ft)

- Built-in wardrobe for master bedroom. (Approx 1.8m in length)

- Supply and install aluminium or plastic bi-fold door for kitchen toilet

- Replace wiring for whole house (including switches) and install lighting points

- Replace living room windows

- Painting for whole house

- Chemical washing for whole house

I think thats about all. But my budget is around 15-20k. Will appreciate if you all let me know how the breakdown of items for each will probably cost? Thanks :)

Bro abit tight within your 20k budget

Not forgetting your electrical work

Hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Bro abit tight within your 20k budget

Not forgetting your electrical work

Hope to c your reno pics soon :yamseng:

Hihi casa :)

Thank for replying. Hmmz 15-20k not snuff ah :( cos I not doing those L box, feature walls, tv console blah blah all these so I thought maybe can.

And I not planning to stay long there max 5 yrs then may move again so don't wish to spend a bomb on Reno. Will appreciate if you know the estimated amt needed for each items then I can gauge. Gam siah

Dun forget most so-called package doesn't include many works, eg wirings, light points, kitchen cabinets, plastering, etc. You'll also need to factor in the various toilets and kitchen accessories, furnishings, change of sewage pipes to PVC, etc. In my opinion, even with a decent basic reno, you'll probably need to set aside ard 25-30k. Varies frm individual but for me, even if I'm only is to stay for the MOP of 5yrs, some essential stuffs are still needed to be factored into the costings.

You may wish to consult and get a few quotes frm a few IDs/contractors (based on ur requirements), so as to get a rough gauge of the required budget needed.

Dun forget most so-called package doesn't include many works, eg wirings, light points, kitchen cabinets, plastering, etc. You'll also need to factor in the various toilets and kitchen accessories, furnishings, change of sewage pipes to PVC, etc. In my opinion, even with a decent basic reno, you'll probably need to set aside ard 25-30k. Varies frm individual but for me, even if I'm only is to stay for the MOP of 5yrs, some essential stuffs are still needed to be factored into the costings.

You may wish to consult and get a few quotes frm a few IDs/contractors (based on ur requirements), so as to get a rough gauge of the required budget needed.

Hi Rover,

Thanks for ur advice. Think I prob will not change the flooring n instead jus polish it will do cos it's broken marble flooring. Like that then I guess maybe can keep to my budget.

And yes I am doing all the basic stuffs only . Toilets I not re-doing only do chemical wash n do up toilet bowl for kitchen toilet. Cos tiles changed before n in good condition. My main thing is the kitchen area. If budget don't allow then may not even hack wall tiles. Lol. Cos jus don't think worth it to spend 25-30k on a 3-rm flat Reno and not staying long.

Items that are planned for this renovation are : *How you can save cost

- Hacking of whole house floor tiles (except toilet tiles)*You already decided to keep the Living room floor, actually there is no need to hack as well since you are installing laminated flooring in the 2 bedrooms. Juz Install over existing flooring :)

- Hacking of whole kitchen including kitchen cabinet

- Hack kitchen wall and construct another kitchen wall to make the kitchen smaller

- Lay Homogeneous tiles in living room, laminated flooring in 2 bedrooms complete with skirting *couple of thingsto note is that you may need to trim the base of the door as the increase in height for installing the laminated flooring can potentially jam your doors :bangwall:

- Lay Ceramic flooring in storeroom. *No need since you already keeping the living room flooring unless existing conditions totally cmi... :jawdrop:

- Lay Ceramic wall tiles and homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen.

- Plastering for whole house. *See existing conditions. Plastering of walls not cheap :notti:

- Simple cornices for living room and bedroom.

- Replacement of whole house stainless steel supply pipes

- Supply labour for kitchen sink, hob, hood installation.

- Supply labour for kitchen toilet bowl, kitchen toilet sink and water heater installation.

- Construct kitchen cabinet with granite top approx 20ft (top + bottom)

- Stainless Steel plate backing for hob cooking area (approx 3ft)

- Built-in wardrobe for master bedroom. (Approx 1.8m in length)

- Supply and install aluminium or plastic bi-fold door for kitchen toilet

- Replace wiring for whole house (including switches) and install lighting points *Same here see existing conditions of wiring. Rewiring of whole house is not cheap either :unsure:

- Replace living room windows

- Painting for whole house

- Chemical washing for whole house

I think thats about all. But my budget is around 15-20k. Will appreciate if you all let me know how the breakdown of items for each will probably cost? Thanks :)*Think by doing all this can meet the 15k to 20k target already :sport-smiley-004:

Gam siah brother ��

I think I don't hack the bedroom n storeroom flooring n instead use the money for plastering n Rewiring. Wiring is a must cos seems like hse never required before and it's a 33 yrs old flat ��

Now Reno prices really went up so much ah? 6 yrs ago did my 5-rm 120sqm resale flat Reno for only 23k. I hacked all toilets, kitchen hack n redo 20sqft topbottom including wall n floor tiles. Rewiring for whole hse, did full height windows for balcony, built in wardrobe for MBA, window grilles for whole hse, plastering,, add skirting for existing flooring, repolish marble flooring. That's why was thinking now 3-rm flat 82sqm budget 15-20k should be more than enuff liow some more not redoing toilets. Hai zzz, inflation

Edited by BlurryKid

Ya loh, inflation quite high now. 6 years ago really worth it. So much only cost 23k. Wow!

But when I went back to get brochure from my ID that did my hse 6 yrs ago wash the default package is $27.8k for 3-rm flat!! 😨

Can't believe my eyes. But I dont know they got give wrong brochure or not because the details inside state stuffs for 3 bedrooms in the hse. 3-rm flat only got 2 bedrooms mah 😄

But when I went back to get brochure from my ID that did my hse 6 yrs ago wash the default package is $27.8k for 3-rm flat!! 😨

Can't believe my eyes. But I dont know they got give wrong brochure or not because the details inside state stuffs for 3 bedrooms in the hse. 3-rm flat only got 2 bedrooms mah 😄

mind sharing which ID you went to?

Could be meant for private instead of hdb.

Gam siah brother ��

I think I don't hack the bedroom n storeroom flooring n instead use the money for plastering n Rewiring. Wiring is a must cos seems like hse never required before and it's a 33 yrs old flat ��

Now Reno prices really went up so much ah? 6 yrs ago did my 5-rm 120sqm resale flat Reno for only 23k. I hacked all toilets, kitchen hack n redo 20sqft topbottom including wall n floor tiles. Rewiring for whole hse, did full height windows for balcony, built in wardrobe for MBA, window grilles for whole hse, plastering,, add skirting for existing flooring, repolish marble flooring. That's why was thinking now 3-rm flat 82sqm budget 15-20k should be more than enuff liow some more not redoing toilets. Hai zzz, inflation

Woah~ 33 years... wa then better rewire. :blink: Plaster see existing condition lo. If still okays (Which i doubt) then can save a bit lo. Somemore you not planning to stay long rite? :huh:

I think the inflation quite alot over the years... material wise ba :) Workman also getting more ex too. Just look at the increase in levy for Malaysian workers to come into SG :(

:yamseng: ,

Mike

mind sharing which ID you went to?

I went Everlink interior design. Did my last 2 flats with them before still ok. Even the hdb valuation officer said their skills gd cos kitchen n toilet tiling well done.

Yesterday went to them for more detailed discussion first and wait for them to send me quote. The ID said for my case take package not worth so he ask us to let him know what items we want done instead.